Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Enigma's station

Hey guys its been about 7 years since I've animated in pivot on a regular basis, and DD has sure changed

Going to be trying to get back into the groove of things so be gentle haha. Might post some old animations but I don't want them to be used for judging my skill as it is now.

I haven't gotten to get my gifs looking like it does in piv, if anyone wants the piv file I might post them alongside the gifs at some point

Newest to Oldest:

For the above I was really only testing the sword, so dont bash the movements too much

Sword test
    Fight test 2
    Fight test 1
    First animation back!

2005 animations:

Zombie shootout
    Pivot War
    Inter anim
    Infiltrate
    Sniper Shot
    Last edited by Enigma; 11 Jul 2013 at 05:43 PM.

Enigma! Since you've started animating again you've improved *Obviously just remember to move every joint of the figure each frame or else it'll look stiff. Also your older animations had a lot of backgrounds and like simple stories and they were good, why not try something like that again?

Banned
    Yep, you have gotten rusty, but your 2005 animations are pretty good. I liked the zombie one, iv'e always loved zombies pivots. Though when I search for videos of them on youtube, all I get is newbie crap.

But yes, clearly rust has had a small effect but it wont be long before you are back to your old pivoting self.

Now for my CC-

On fight test 2, the foot movement was very shaky and the arm movement was odd at times, the leg movement was good though. Remember to edit your frames
    Fight test 1 is generally the same, when the black stick is attacking the second red stick, the one on the left,he puts his two arms together as if he is elbowing him, there wasn't much elbowing there, just a little tap that was not an elbow, and after he "elbows" him, it looks like he slides to kick him, the pose for that kick looked unnatural too.

Your older animations, Intermediate, maybe Veteran
    Your new animations, low-med beginner

Courtesy?
    My Thread-http://www.animator.net/forum/pivot-...nimations.html
    Last edited by lordpivot44; 16 Jul 2013 at 10:43 AM.

BlueLion: Yeah I will haha, just trying to get a hand on movements again. I'll do my little mini-cinematic story animations soon

Lordpivot: Yeah, funny how DD changed, Sniper shot people were saying I could be vet, holy crud did people get a lot better. My foot movement is wonky because I literally re-edited where that stick was standing like 100 times to get it to look right for the movement, foot placement suffered a bit XD. Fight test 1 I'm a little embarrassed by, I think I brought most of it back with 2.

Thanks a lot guys!

I can see that you kinda got your style back. Anyways, the old anims you have are really beginner-ish nowadays but it does seem veteran worthy back in 2005. The new animations seem shaky try not to move the foot and leg joint too much. Coutresy? My thread is in the 2nd page I think.

New "Animation", Not looking for much critique on the movements, I moreso just wanted to check out if I could make enough stks of the sword changing angles to make it look fluid. I'm not sure if I should make 1 last really short stk to get that last exchange of angle down.

Sword Test