Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Animatronics - Uppercut - Rank and Rate

Handstand - Movement Test

Uppercut - More Precise - Rank and rate it
    Spoiler:

Hello DD, what's up!
    One of my first animations, please rank it. I hope I enjoy my stay here
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Animatronics; 02 Sep 2013 at 01:53 AM.

for one of your first animations... very nice! keep making animations!
    epicperry!

Banned
    very good, you have sure signs of potential all right.

Please rank it?

That. Is nice. That is pretty smooth for a newcomer. I like the scene where he's getting ready. It's quite short so there's not many things to comment on, but what i can see so far is pretty good. Try to update this thread with new animations daily so it becomes more popular. I'd rate you:
    Low, nearly med beginner.

Courtesy? ( That means that if you appreciate someones comment, you go to their thread(Down there)and comment as well)
    l
    v
    Stickpage ftw

Update

I gotta say, you have a really enjoyable style. You should definitely keep playing with Pivot like that, I feel like you'll create something really cool. As for CC:

Uppercut thingie:
    I love the reactions, but I feel like the way he went back felt a bit like he's a boxing ball. He kinda stops his movement and loops back the same way. What would stop this effect is animating his back a bit differently on the way back. You can keep his back back a bit (lolwat) and have his head come back forward a bit sooner. Or just let him make another step back and don't move him back forward at all.

As for the uppercut itself, I feel like it didn't have enough airtime, seeing how long mr Green was in the air. If you're going to animate floaty physics, animate all the physics floaty and just slow him down a bit in mid-air. This would also make the uppercut feel a lot more powerful. Speaking of power. If you want to make the uppercut feel really awesome and badass, bend his back outwards (ha!) while his arm is all the way up. I can animate an uppercut example real quick and break that down for a possible better explanation if you don't understand.

Edit:
    So, about poses. Here's an example of a strong and a weak uppercut pose:
    Spoiler:

As you can see, the strong pose has all the limbs facing back in a curve from the leg up to the head. It looks like he made a really powerful motion from the floor into the air. Quite frankly, that's what an uppercut is. The second pose looks weak and half-assed. He did the movement but he's not really done anything to do it. I hope this clarifies what I meant.

FALCOOOON PAAAWNCH:
    The animation was pretty fun. Your style's enjoyable as hell and the way the foot suddenly faced the other way when he did that cheer-like thingie was a really cool detail. I just feel like the poses in the run were wrong. He had this slow jog pose while sprinting at the other guy. Again, if you want to add power, make it seem like his limbs are as far out as possible and it will create a strong pose. I can make an example for this as well, if you want me to. I probably will without you asking because I explained it very poorly. As for the reaction of the blue guy, it would probably be better if you had a frame where the blue guy would be inbetween his standing pose and his flying pose. He basically went from standing t horizontal immediately and it looks really weird once you notice this.

I'd say your rank is somewhere around medium beginner. If you work on poses and sometimes space a little bit less for fast movements you'll be a solid high beginner.

I hope it helped. Like I said, if you want more help or you don't understand something, hit me up with a PM and I'll explain with some images and animations. G'luck with animating!

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Banned
    Hmmm. Very nice,

I'd give a high beginner - low intermediate

K Leb, oh my gosh, if more people such as you gave CC, we'd have a flock of better animators on the site. You explained everything PERFECTLY, I will work on putting more power into my movements, and as for the run, please do make a example. You see, a running animation is my weakness right now. My style calls for a realistic 7 frame run that I just can't get right. So then, I have to revert to a 3 frame run, which is just as bad, but less noticeable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast