Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Necrothus Anims

Old Newbie

Necrothus Anims

I have posted a new (unfinished) anim, yay! That brings me up to 6, although I should have had 10 or 12 by now if reality hadn't intruded.

First anim: Testing movement, panning, zoom, etc.:

1st anim

Second anim: Mostly just a testbed for energybeam, future reference work:

2nd anim

Third anim: Flight and blood work, simple:

3rd anim

Fourth anim: Short teleport and shake anim:

4th anim

This was supposed to be my entry to AOTF, but I was late and imageshack was refusing to load image...oh well, enjoy the new anim anyways:

AOTF Entry Too Late

This is my new anim, unfinished as of yet. Work and life have interfered in the culmination of the project, but it should be back on track now. new

Unfinished

Thank you, ahead of time, for viewing/commenting.

Necrothus

<Liam> "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout willis?"
    <Willis> "Neural Networks and their impact on brain-binary encoding projects as undertaken by paramilitaristic corporate machines."
    <Liam> "Oooh...machines."

courtesy?

hmm

theyre ok but i like to see your watch alot of Doddsy's animations due to the blurs
    [center:1dyohg2y]I miss everyone. [/center:1dyohg2y]

Old Newbie
    Thank you for the comment. My trails are merely to relate speed and previous position, hence they were only used in parts of the anim, not the entire animation. Likewise, the speed wasn't very high, so I didn't need foot long trails of blue like Doddsy's anim. He is a very smooth animator, with alot of good ideas, but our styles are totally different. He uses a .stk that doesn't have a front and back, so it's confusing to tell which direction the main stk is pointed during fight scenes. The stk I use almost always has a front and back, solely because of the curved backbone of the stk.

<Willis> "Neural Networks and their impact on brain-binary encoding projects as undertaken by paramilitaristic corporate machines."

courtesy?

Enthusiast

they're not bad, but they're choppy, and the movements need fixing.

i suggest taking a look @ bahamut's holy tutorial
    =my animations=

Waiting for the next ddc to show up.

This is pretty good, you need to improve your smoothness, but everything looks good.
    My Animation Thread comment if you'd like

Old Newbie
    Yeah, I'm slowly getting the hang of how far I can move chars in anims. And for some reason, sometimes my pivot doesn't make any distinction between a 1, 2, or even a 10 delay per frame. It all comes out with the same speed and delay...not sure why. Thanks for the comments.

Necrothus

courtesy?

2anim was good, not bad for a Beginner at all, I recommend trying to work on movement smoothness, more frames per movement, otherwise great job, even got some colour in there.

Keep it up.

Old Newbie
    Thanks. Yes, I have plans for next anim. Trying to storyboard it first. Want to make multi-scene piece w/ motion blurs. This time I'll be anim'ing a fight scene w/ my main stick. Running motion blur and trails effect tests right now to get it right, hopefully physics will get better now that I have a plan too. Appreciate the comment.

Necrothus

courtesy?

anis are pretty good like the effects work on physics and smoothness but thats it so keep them up also text in second one went to fast

Old Newbie
    Thanks. The new one at top (3rd anim) was actually finished sep 29th, but I've been on vacation. I'll work on my newest piece tomorrow (Oct. 6th). I storyboarded this one like I wanted it, right down to extended frame count. I've worked on physics tests and blood as well, so my hope is that this will cleanup alot of my rigidity and physics, as well as more fluid animation.

Necrothus

courtesy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast