Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Some more dinosaur animation tests

Some more dinosaur animation tests

I couldn't find my other thread, so I created this new one.
    Anyways, here are some of my animations:

Preview for my latest pivot fight on YouTube:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=c...&v=K-i8bKTEXoE
    My latest dinosaur fight on YouTube:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YIW-Szb89n4
    My latest animation on YouTube:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wp3uAKOCvKE
    Last edited by TheMechaBaryonyx789; 27 Oct 2013 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Update
    Juraceous likes this.

Banned
    it's body is stiff, way too stiff. It's legs are shuffling around too. They need to space out more. Back to the body now, you can clearly see the Gigantosaurus' body just moving plainly along. It isn't moving up or down. Allow me to demonstrate the way I think it should be done...

I'm not too good at moving the tail so try and ignore that, but the main part is that the legs have to be spaced and the body must move in accordance of the amount of weight being moved. Hope that was helpful!

Ok, I used your advice, and I have made a newer walk cycle. I will upload it soon (I'm going out now).

Quote Originally Posted by lordpivot44 View Post
    it's body is stiff, way too stiff. It's legs are shuffling around too. They need to space out more. Back to the body now, you can clearly see the Gigantosaurus' body just moving plainly along. It isn't moving up or down. Allow me to demonstrate the way I think it should be done...

I'm not too good at moving the tail so try and ignore that, but the main part is that the legs have to be spaced and the body must move in accordance of the amount of weight being moved. Hope that was helpful!
    its knee is always bent and it also moves slowly

Quote Originally Posted by bullzeye View Post
    its knee is always bent and it also moves slowly
    That's how it should look scientifically
    Last edited by TheMechaBaryonyx789; 27 Oct 2013 at 07:35 PM.

Update

You shuld make some stickmen animations, this forum is not familiar with this kind of animation and I am not sure of how they would rank you. If I had to rank you in some kind of dinosaur standard I would rank you as intermediate but this is beginning content in this forum's standards.

"They" would rank you the same way we would for a stickman animation. Thats not to say that you shouldn't use stickmen bases though. If I were you, I would look at some dinosaur videos to get a better understanding of how they would move. Keep practicing and you'll get it down in no time.
    Add Me On Skype: HMajik66

Quote Originally Posted by Merkury View Post
    "They" would rank you the same way we would for a stickman animation. Thats not to say that you shouldn't use stickmen bases though. If I were you, I would look at some dinosaur videos to get a better understanding of how they would move. Keep practicing and you'll get it down in no time.
    Very debatable. I have animated dinosaurs as well and the way you move them is totally different. My stickmen animations look good at 19fps but my dinosaur animations are better at 15. I agree that my previous post was not really right though, my apologies.
    Last edited by Juraceous; 27 Oct 2013 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juraceous View Post
    Very debatable. I have animated dinosaurs as well and the way you move them is totally different. My stickmen animations look good at 19fps but my dinosaur animations are better at 15. I agree that my previous post was not really right though, my apologies. Also here's my YouTube channel so you can watch animations of this kind and get a better understanding on how they are, I am in no way trying to advertise myself here and if you think I shouldn't link my channel on his thread I can pretty much remove the link from this post.
    Was that supposed to be a counter-argument? Because that seriously made no sense, looking at your videos wont help him. He needs to study from actual scientific videos to get the correct movements, not some kid who thinks his are top notch. Sorry to disagree but it seems like you really were JUST trying to promote yourself.
    Add Me On Skype: HMajik66

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast