Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Teach animation's Rank me

Teach animation's Rank me

It took me a few months more ta ai my new animation. :3

Requiem x Drakath # 440 Frames

Duel Cronos x Boss # 267 Frames

Creditos:
    - Mighty
    Last edited by Teach; 16 Jan 2014 at 10:13 PM.
    Mat, Ussay, SuperNoob and 5 others like this.

hi teacher
    u know how i love your animations
    i think u are intermediate
    good luck

Man, pretty good, that beautiful bg, just keep it up, there are some issues but I know someone else will point them out, so, I think it's High beg or over there 0; Good job man

You've got some pretty sick moves Teach. Welcome to animator.net.
    Id honestly say you're intermediate man, nice movements, effects, background, camera movement, and creativity. Id like to see more from you
    Add Me On Skype: HMajik66

Banned
    Good colors on a simple but stylish backgrounds, good movements and nice fighting.

Job well done!

Quote Originally Posted by MCToast View Post
    Good colors on a simple but stylish backgrounds, good movements and nice fighting.

Job well done!
    mctoast being nice? thats a new site.

overall i really like your style and backrounds, the black screen during the green guy rolling kinda took away from the animation a little, but it looks great nonetheless, keep it up man.

Thanks for the comments, I'm working on a new animation will likely finish this later this week or next. ^^

Fresh Newbie
    nice one teach, i really liked! U used that simple background but the details in the rocks made it like SUPER reality!
    I REALLY THINK u are intermediate

Mat
    Banned
    I wish you didn't add all of the black flashes in that animation. It really covers up your movements and makes it hard to give you a solid rank. In the movements that were visible, I'd say you need to work on adding more power. The hits seem a bit too smooth to cause the reactions that they do in your animation. This animation was pretty entertaining though. I think you have the potential to get intermediate very soon. I just want to see some more movements from you.

Wow. I haven't seen something like this in a while actually! This is totally intermediate. You got a good understanding of flow, easing, gravity and all that. Since you spent so much time on the animation, I feel like I'll help you out with improving on what you already have! Don't worry, I won't be shitting on your mona lisa or something like that, I'm just gonna give you some help

So, let's start with what has already been said. The black flashes were a bit annoying. I know why you used them, but there are other ways to transition to another scene. Try and make it look good for the eye so it doesn't have to focus that much. Adding too many flashes makes your eyes hurt(mine does at least) so it's a very bad idea to add constant flashes. For example, you could've added something like a slow transition. Also, in the fast scenes, make the black screen last a lil' bit longer OR finish the movement.

Also, I saw that in some of your scenes, your stickfigures moved only their arms when they should've moved their whole bodies. You see, when a human moves their arm in specific ways, the whole body reacts to it and moves with the arm. This is called muscle control. When your characters move their lower arms when other bodyparts should react to the movement too, it looks unnatural and sloppy. Also, when this is used in fighting, your character loses force. the punches look weak and the combat loses impact. It kind of gives your stickfigures a ragdoll feeling. To fix this, I'd suggest looking at how people do movements in real life. Even if you have a cartoony style, it helps a lot to see how someone does a movement and how you can implement it into your own style. Heck, it's even helpful looking at how you do the movements yourself!

Now, this might've seemed like I dislike your animation. I don't! The background is really cool, the movements are ace, the animation is dynamic and cool and you got most if not all the basics down. Everyone has flaws man, that's why I'm showing them to you so you can fix them!

Continue to rock on mate (Y)!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast