Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Ranking?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Low Beginner

2 25.00%
  • Med. Beginner

5 62.50%
  • High Beginner

1 12.50%
  • Low Intermediate

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Some Animation(s)

TTD
    Fresh Newbie

Some Animation(s)

Here are my animations, I will post more sometime.

EDIT: New animation!

Newest Animation

Other Animations

First Animation
    Last edited by TTD; 21 Dec 2013 at 01:18 PM.

Flume

Not to bad my man, it's good to see there isn't much shakiness going on in your animation.

The main thing you wanna work on is your poses (stick figure position in each frame). The way you have currently posed your punches bent over looks off balanced and awkward, quite different to what a real punch would look like. Also fighters don't tend to take a step forward with every punch, they try to maintain their wide stance for power and balance instead of crossing their legs over with every strike. Try watch yourself throw a few punches in the mirror, then translate the poses your body goes through to your stickman, you should find your self with a more natural looking animation.

The other major thing I would say is getting your animation to flow, currently your stick looks very robotic, stiff and almost like he's swimming from the waist up. Try loosen your figure up and give him some more movement in other parts of the body to facilitate the punches. I recommend you check out Senzo's Fighting Tutorial, download some of his pivot files and take a look at how he spaces and poses his combo sequences and I'm sure you'll improve very quickly.

Welcome to DarkDemon/Animator.Net!
    Last edited by Lush; 08 Dec 2013 at 10:35 AM.

Mat
    Banned
    That's not bad for your first animation on the site. I see you understand the tremor concept, which will come in handy with animations later. What I see you need to work on is adding more power and flow into your animations.

For flow, I'd recommend keeping the spacing between each movement smooth and constant until the end of the combo. Right now he seems to stop briefly after each hit which kills the flow of the animation.

For power, I'd recommend making the punches a bit faster and show more force. The first punch looks like a little poke because there are too many frames for it to look powerful. What I do to show power is I use more frames for anticipation (build up for the attack) and less frames for the impact (attack). This makes the movement clear, yet gives the illusion of it being a powerful hit. The next two hits displayed more power than the first, which leads me to believe that you tried to ease into the first attack. This is a prime example of where easing can be used incorrectly. When it comes to combos, easing should be used at the start of the animation to build up the anticipation until it reaches the constant speed, at which it should stay at until he is finished with the entire movement.

I agree with Lush, you should definitely check out Senzo's tutorial, as it is very well explained and helpful to even advanced animators. Keep working at it man. I look forward to seeing you develop and improve your style.
    Lush likes this.

Banned
    Okay, on the punches I would have him a bit lower to the ground when he's really sinking the punch into someone. That will help demonstrate more power because he has a low centre of gravity and therefore good balance. As it currently is, if he was bending forward that much he would fall over, so a lower centre of gravity will help with that. In this animation he doesn't really snap to anything or show power, so there should perhaps only be one or two frames from held back to punch. Also, you can use some heavy spacing on the back to show extra power. Second to last thing, I wouldn't lift his arm past a 90 degree angle behind his back when he's about to punch, it looks unnatural. Instead, use the segment shortening/lengthening feature in pivot 4 by holding CTRL and dragging the red node to start the punch, rather than lifting it over his head. And finally, the animation was very stop and go, by which I mean the animation doesn't flow together and stops the starts. To fix this, keep the origin moving at a consistent speed and to some extent, also the joints. Later, when I have access to a computer, I'll make a quick example animation for you to look at, and some key points to consider. Keep up the good work, okay?

Banned
    Hmmm... first off, welcome to Darkdemon.
    Your animation has some problems, such as easing and bodily easing. You might want to go into the pivot tutorial section and read up on things like Senzo's fighting tutorial. What lush said.
    In animating, one important rule is to move all the nodes at all times, unless he is standing or such. Its good you have a full understanding of power in the punches,
    like the shaking of the ground and one step to focus the punch. I would suggest not to let the punch stray there in the same position in the punch for more than 1 frames and just snap it back. Read Senzo's fighting tutorial and watch other people's animations to get better. If you read the tutorials and study other people's animation, you'll get better soon. Also, the comments above me are really good, read em' too!

Oh, and don't be afraid if your animation doesn't follow up with how most people animate. Look at my style and Archangel's style, Arch is intermediate, and Im still in begginer. Our styles are completely different. Keep going at it!

Couresty Returned

TTD
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks, but I feel good animating my way, OK?

Banned
    That really isn't the right attitude. I'm somewhat disappointed with that response but I'm not here tell you to do stuff, only to recommend. If you want to get better which I hope you do, I'd listen to CC.

TTD
    Fresh Newbie
    I guess, I am also working on sword swings and kills now.

TTD
    Fresh Newbie

New, watched tutorials by tupilluis.

You need to ease your movements, that seems to be the biggest problem i see.. there is of course the shakyness and footplacement problem too, but i would go one step at a time fixing your movements. In this newest animation, you dont move something for 1-2 frames and then snap it where it is suppose to be, causing it to be choppy (The leg, head and arms). Id also fix where you decide to put the origin at times. Its snapping back and forth as well, causing the animation to again, be choppy. You should look up tutorials on easing, stiffness, shakyness, and footplacement. Good to see you doing tests though, thats always good when trying to get better, however, i would stick to trying basic movements instead of trying to do combos. Thats just me though. And then once you got those down, try ur hand at realism to make your animations that much better. You could always start now, however like ive said, id start with the basics first.

keep it up..

South, Animatings the motive, Having Fun is the goal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast