Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Rank...

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Low beg

0 0%
  • High beg

3 42.86%
  • Med beg

2 28.57%
  • Inter

2 28.57%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Pivotfantasy
  • 1 Post By The Black Mamba

Thread: HARSH CC would be lovely thanks :]

HARSH CC would be lovely thanks :]

Well this is Hamnet I've been here since 2012 but for some reason my account was deleted and I had to start over just don't understand how much that pissed me off but okay whatever..
    NEW: just a test for something
    Spoiler:
    finally got a combo but it's un-finished gotta touch it up and slow it down still
    Credits to senzo
    Last edited by hamnet; 03 Jan 2014 at 04:07 PM. Reason: updated

Mmk… I really like the idea you have set forth, and i can tell that it will turn out pretty good, however, there are some things you need to pay attention to.

The Run:
    The run was pretty decent actually however, there seems to be stiffness when he first starts out (in the back), and the origin (orange dot) is moving around all over the place instead of going in a circular motion like it should.

After a couple frames of the run cycle, you make his arms all floppy like a limp noodle. That is a big no-no because in real life, who do you see going into war flopping their arms before they throw a spear? There probably are some, but i doubt they would live to tell the tale.

Camera Movements:
    This aspect was actually well done especially in the combat section, don't think i have any issues.. Actually, it appears the camera movements stop and start again before and after he kicks one of the gladiators faces off. Fix that and you'll be all set there.

Combat:
    Its going to be really hard telling you what exactly you are doing wrong with combat and why, for i am no expert on the subject. Foot placement looks pretty accurate and their reactions look actually really well done (except the second guy who got kicked, he got kicked and was pushed back, but i think he snapped back into action a bit too quickly, could just be me though.). Its just something about the combat that makes it a bit choppy, and to fix that, move every joint and smoothen it out. (possibly not the source to the weird look, but id try it to make sure its not)

Overall:
    I really like it man, you are doing really good. You just need to work on polishing your movements and adding more realism to your animations. Now on that subject, it doesn't need to be too too real, take Krusty as an example, but it still needs to follow the basic rules of the human body. We have bones and limitations to what we can do with our limbs, so just keep that in mind before you do that floppy arm thing again.

Keep it up

hamnet likes this.

South, Animatings the motive, Having Fun is the goal

Banned
    Nice CC there! :O

Your style is a bit stiff, but your ideas and "fighting style" is great, well done animation in my books.

I've seen both of you on Shuniu:West; Thanks for the CC mate :]
    §Hamnet§

Enthusiast

This is your thread, decide which one you'll keep. In the mean time, your old one will be locked.
    hamnet likes this.

-snip- thanks
    Last edited by hamnet; 19 Dec 2013 at 03:06 PM.
    §Hamnet§

-snip-
    Last edited by hamnet; 31 Dec 2013 at 05:07 PM.
    §Hamnet§

and update once again
    §Hamnet§

Updated/ Harsh CC is what I'm looking for but any will do.
    §Hamnet§