Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Antoinations

Antoinations

Hello, and welcome to my Thread.

Newest :
    Gemsword.
    Spoiler:

Older : (currently : 6 anims)
    Spoiler:

What's happening inside ? (lazy preview)

.PIV file

Ka-ré and painful sommersault

"Blue satellite"
    http://imageshack.com/a/img802/1622/dafa.gif

"Sickness of standard walking" :
    http://imageshack.com/a/img62/1879/ddq3.gif

Praise ideas.
    Praise motivation.

Praise the CCs.
    Last edited by Anton; 03 Apr 2014 at 09:20 PM.
    Ussay likes this.

thats a real weird animation. but pretty good.
    epicperry!

DD addict
    Do you happen to be in this Pivot-land french forum?
    Anyway, your animation lacks every basic of animation. In other words, you're supposed to work on positioning your figures naturally, placing the feet perfectly, learning how to gradualy change your speed(easing), and transition your movements with easing to avoid the "stop and go" that you have in your current animation, then how to make your motion path curvey and smooth.
    You see, the poses of your figure were pretty unnatural and cartoonish as if he isn't relaxed and doesn't have bones or anything that keeps his segments in their proper place. Look how people position in real life and try to simulate what you saw or learned to Pivot. As for the stop and go, it's mainly caused by making the figure stop all of a sudden then move again without shifting the speed gradualy. To fix this issue, you should ease out the movements before your transition to the next move, just make sure not to stop a movement at 1 pixel if you're moving fast because it would still make the movements abrupt. Another thing is the footplacement wich is the easiest thing to do and improves the animation radically. Do you see how the feet are sliding just as they land? Try not to make them move untill they anticipate for the next step.
    I wouldn't say that you're required to be arsed about easing and flow for now since you still have other things to deal with other than those. Also, remove those effects as well as the tremor because they're unnesecary.

Working on LVD2!
    I kinda liked it, the animation is pretty weird but cool at the same time, I like that style, when he was on his hands he did really cool things with his back but I have to point some flaws:

The steps: When the guy walked two steps forward, it was stop and go, because after each step, the guy stopped, lost momentum, and then moved again. The flow breaks after each step, work on your ability to make things flow together. the arms movement was fine,

Foot placement: Foot placement was off in some parts, at the end, when the guy landed, the feet didn't stay stuck in the ground, what you should do is to make sure the feet stay at the same place, it isn't that complex to do it, you just need to spend some time on it.

Standing on the hands: When the guy was standing on his hands, you did the same mistake just with the hands. Hands were shaking the whole time, the hands should stay in the same position, also, the back was very stiff, it was just bend all the time, you should move the red limbs in the back to remove stiffness.

Shakiness: Your animation was very shaky, why? This is because the foot placement was off, the movements were not smooth, and they just shook, regarding the shakiness, I can not really explain it, you can see for yourself just shaky movements, try to make the movements smoother, just keep practicing and the shakiness will stop.

So, summarizing:
    - Work on flow.
    - get rid of shakiness.
    - make the feet stay at the same position.
    - Move all of the red limbs on the stick figure.
    - Smooth your movements.

I'd rank you as medium beginner, or less, I'm nor sure, this animation is short, make something longer, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by sifterpivoter View Post
    Anyway, your animation lacks every basic of animation. In other words, you're supposed to work on positioning your figures naturally, placing the feet perfectly, learning how to gradualy change your speed(easing), and transition your movements with easing to avoid the "stop and go" that you have in your current animation, then how to make your motion path curvey and smooth.
    You see, the poses of your figure were pretty unnatural and cartoonish as if he isn't relaxed and doesn't have bones or anything that keeps his segments in their proper place. Look how people position in real life and try to simulate what you saw or learned to Pivot.
    I'm crying.

Do you think he was trying to be serious with the animation? Or REALISTIC? I wouldn't think so. Wasn't the point of the animation is to ditch the realism?
    That's just what I think though. Good animation, very smooth. You did a good job on the easing, aswell on the cartoony physics. I do have to agree with Sifter on the stop-and-go though, but that's not a big deal since you were going for that and you complimented it well with easing. I'd say this is High Beginner for what it is, it was a nice change of pace from all the super-realistic fights! You might turn into a new Muffin Man if you continue like this, keep on animating!

Thanks for those greatly detailled commentaries (it's really different from the other forum)

Also, yeah. The main objective of it was not realism at all, but cartoon-like.

Also,
    -I agree to the absence of momentum at the two foot landings, which really makes no sense. (but hey, trying something new)
    -Then, i made the foot to not slide, but just doing a heel impact. After that, the rest of the foot goes down and get off immediately in the second impact. (that's what i had in mind)
    -For the hands on the ground, ... argh. You guys are really stricts on these 1-pixel shakiness. Okay, I won't let it go for the next ones.
    -His back is stiff ? I know, this always haunts me.
    -For the effect : at least it wasn't an earthquake.

Tychus Findlay

Not bad man, you really gave it your own style. You don't always have to shoot for realism in your animations, but even some aspects of realism will help your animations look a little better. In some of your poses the legs look bent in the wrong direction. Mainly when his foot is making contact with the ground. Little things like that sit out from the rest of the animation and make it seem off. I can tell you just went to town on the ending. Idk why, but that ending makes me laugh for some reason, but it's still pretty good.

Also, remember that your animating to have fun. Try not to let all the aspects of animations ruin that fun. As Sharp said, animation is a tool you can use to break realism and bring your imagination to life.

The Green Boss

You have a really unique style man, I look forward to seeing you develop it.

A work in progress : "Blue satellite"
    It shows 1-2 things on camera movement

It took me all an afternoon, i should really go faster.

Working on LVD2!
    Dude it was nice but that angel was pretty weird, that eye looked like he was in Mars.
    The thing that made that animation weird is the poses, make the poses natural, yup, it will make your animation to a lot better, now it just weird.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast