Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fresh Newbie

MoutaPt Animations

Hello all!
    I made some animations with Pivot some years ago and now I'm getting back to it.
    Just made this simple and quick animation to see if I still know how everything works, and would like some feedback from you guys
    I will make some more animations soon and I will be updating this thread as I do.

Anyway heres a wall/ceiling jump test i just did. How good am I?

UPDATES:

WORK IN PROGRESS:

Playing with a lettuce... wut?! O.o

This is the new animation I'm working on. I'm trying to improve on the spacing/easing, physics, trying to fix shakings and working on the overall smoothness.
    Please leave some feedback and criticism. Thanks
    Last edited by moutapt; 18 Jan 2014 at 10:12 PM.

Well, this jump is well eased. I first thought it was a backflip before i read your description. Add more walls next time.
    Also, when he crouches before jumping, the feet are shaking, and there is a loss of momentum.
    I mean, the stick is running straight and then he stops. Try adding a little jump before bending over and do a bigger jump.

And the anim is very short. Try to do 100 frames next time.

Med Beginner for me. Continue.

Banned
    well if you ask me its just simple but you should have made a little more movement a little jump and you should add a little 3d effect like lenghten the foot or arms other than that

med beginner

Fresh Newbie
    Thank you for the feedback guys, it really helps to fix some issues and improve, so thanks.

Also, as I said above, I'll be adding more animations as I work on them, so I'll add sections and updates to the first post as I keep adding new stuff.

Just added a "work in progress" update section with a new animation I'm working on.

You can read the description of the animation in the first thread to see what I'm trying to improve, and also to leave some feedback if you dont mind.

Once again, thanks for the tips and the criticism, it helps alot.

See you all at the next update! Cheers.

Another good tip here is to put the latest anims at the beginning of the first post.

For the WIP, it is better, but ...
    -The stick should bend his arms when landing upside down. Not doing this breaks the momentum. It's not something too hard to do
    -The ball has a strange reaction when bouncing on the left wall. But I like the way it bounces up and down, kind of cartoony.