Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bluehawk1224

Thread: Something a little different for you folks out there!

Smile Something a little different for you folks out there!

Now first of all, I'm Bluehawk1224, most certainly not an elite animator, but I still enjoy being able to animate, nevertheless. I always like to tinker around with sprites, and thanks to an inspiration from Alan Becker (who created Animator VS Animation), I've made my own version in Pivot! Now it isn't finished yet, so you might be seeing a bit of a cliffhanger here.

The total frames are 690+ odds and was done in spare time in a span of 3 days (mind you, I don't have much free time!) Also, the Animation might be a little slow than intended (I mean, this was supposed to be at 21 FPS but looks like it's a little lower than that).

Anyways, not going to say more. Just sit back, relax, and kinda enjoy my Animation!

I'd like to see some criticism, comments and whatnot. Perhaps a rating would be also nice!

Peace!

-[B]
    lordpivot44 and Kermit like this.

Banned
    its nice and its kinda cool but i kinda getting it slowly cuz its at a low frames for me its nice

oh yeah cool were both filipinos XD isnt that wierd i thought i was the only one oh well needs some work and i will be working on my anim's and i need to practice some easing luka's told me to so thats that

oh i see that your an anime fan wierd this is a animaters forum where people animate not watch other peoples work and im gonna go play some music

let me guess your age its between 10 to 17 probably 14 to 16 if not its ok
    Last edited by spiralanimater; 25 Jan 2014 at 08:31 AM. Reason: whoops that one was for bigbob XD i made a bad mistake

Banned
    That truly was an excellent animation, and I enjoyed it a lot. It seemed to get better as you went. There's a quality to the animation that makes it good but I can't put my finger on it. I guess maybe it's because I like the poses you used, but also the spacing was pretty good, if slightly shaky. Anyway, I can definitely see you're going to be great, I'd love to see mover from you.

Quote Originally Posted by spiralanimater View Post
    its nice and its kinda cool but i kinda getting it slowly cuz its at a low frames for me its nice

oh yeah cool were both filipinos XD isnt that wierd i thought i was the only one oh well needs some work and i will be working on my anim's and i need to practice some easing luka's told me to so thats that

oh i see that your an anime fan wierd this is a animaters forum where people animate not watch other peoples work and im gonna go play some music

let me guess your age its between 10 to 17 probably 14 to 16 if not its ok
    1. Yeah, real small world for us I guess

2. Yeah, well, I just kinda draw what I like. My profile pic is a good example of that

3. Close man, real close, but for my discretion I won't tell my age. It's better that way :P

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    That truly was an excellent animation, and I enjoyed it a lot. It seemed to get better as you went. There's a quality to the animation that makes it good but I can't put my finger on it. I guess maybe it's because I like the poses you used, but also the spacing was pretty good, if slightly shaky. Anyway, I can definitely see you're going to be great, I'd love to see mover from you.
    Thank you sir for those kind words! Yes, I have a knack for poses, but I can't actually animate well, because I was actually using a giant sprite for the background. I actually have another Animator VS Animation, but trust me, it's WORSE than this (I did make some interesting ideas while doing it, though).

The shakiness might be my wrong foot placement (again, no onion skin on this one) Also, if I may ask, what is this "mover" you speak of? I'm not that engrossed in animating in the moment, and so I don't understand some animator slang around.

Thanks for those words!

-[B]

Banned
    Oops sorry, I meant to say more, not mover. Also, you should be able to see an onion skin on top of the sprites if you're using pivot four (download here Pivot Downloads | Pivot Animator). By the way, I love the drawings.

Banned
    I tried to make something like this in pivot 3, but error messages kept on corrupting the animation. I've never tried an animator vs animation since.

Quote Originally Posted by lordpivot44 View Post
    I tried to make something like this in pivot 3, but error messages kept on corrupting the animation. I've never tried an animator vs animation since.
    I feel you! That always happened to me when I did some past animations. Like, there's over a million errors spamming over. So irritating.

Banned
    Man I loved that. It was very entertaining to watch, and I see a lot of potential with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Man I loved that. It was very entertaining to watch, and I see a lot of potential with you.
    Thanks! I am actually planning on continuing, yet I am running out of ideas that is possible to make in Pivot. Perhaps I'll be able to chalk up something; it's only a matter of time 'till I make it, though.

for the enjoyment.. i loved it!!!
    for the animation. it is nice but you have to work on realistic movements.
    and maybe you can try it with a different figure.because the basic stick makes it less intresting.
    but still. really nice job!
    keep animating!
    epicperry!