Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Rank me?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uber low beginner

2 33.33%
  • Super low beginner

1 16.67%
  • Quite a low beginner

4 66.67%
  • Low beginner

2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MCToast
  • 1 Post By The Black Mamba
  • 1 Post By Anton
  • 1 Post By Anton
  • 1 Post By Anton

Thread: Rate me?

Talking Rate me?

Ok guys i just became a member today and i have NEVER used a forum before so here is my latest animation tips and harsh
    criticism is appreaciated! Rainbow wins! -Pivot animation - YouTube and Cool stick figure animation (read description) - YouTube I know i know they are very bad

Banned
    Hello and welcome!

You should save your animations as gifs and host them on a site like imgur.com, then you can see them on your topic.
    Here's some advises for that if you need help: Creating and Updating Your Animation Thread

At the moment your rank is low beginner.
    hellminton likes this.

Enthusiast

Welcome to DD first off. I'm glad you came here to improve, the people of this community will definitely aid in that. Since you're new to forums I suggest you read the rules here if you haven't already to avoid running into any trouble. From looking at your animations I'm assuming you're new to pivot (if not, sorry). I would suggest working on all the basics in order to improve, the basics being easing, flow, foot placement, etc. Good luck in getting better
    hellminton likes this.

Thanks! i acually have been using pivot for two years but i am still so new to it all i can never get easing and flow down right it always looks just meh.
    anyways i will read the rules then i will come back
    I am upset because my cat peed on my sock then i put my foot in it... MY FOOT HAS BEEN SOILED

Of course it's bad !! you will suffer now !

No, the mood of this forum is not that rude.
    So, welcome, buddy, let me CC yours animations, and say others things about uploading the works done.

Animations :
    *Rainbows wins*

- The rainbow spear doesn't move, if you put weapons on the foreground, they really should have some point.
    - Katana guy doesn't move an inch. What a sandbag.
    - 90% of the red dots are immobile... Argh, that's lazy, it gives terrible quality to the anim.

+ simple, but nice shining effect on the katana (not nice for the guy holding it though)
    + The rainbow guy is moving his arm in a very good way.
    See that smooth movement you did ? That's it, it's the real way of animating !

*Cool stick*
    - Same thing for those immobile dots. Choppy choppy choppy everywhere.
    - A grenade that doesn't explode.

? Firearm shooting arrows.
    ? What scenario ? ha ha ha ... not funny.

+ Long anim, the more you do, the more you improve yourself. I can see the quality of the anim slowly goes better at the end.

Also, Pivot can Export animations as .gif or .avi files, much nicer than using Bandicam.
    If you export in .gif format, you can directly show us the anims with some file hosting site (imageshack, for example) and using the [ IMG ] [ / IMG ]
    example for a gif i just made in 3 minutes.
    Code:
    [IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img839/9132/5p0.gif[/IMG.]
    result :

Now, the advices :
    -Go to the tutorial section. You can learn a lot about animating stuff.
    Easing, shakiness, foot placement, realism ...
    -Try to tell stories through animations. Optionnal, but useful for doing long anims.
    -Keep on animating, it's not because we give negative critics that we want you to stop animating, we won't never mean that, never.
    -Remember the smooth movement of rainbow's arm ? Then, everything in the anim should move like that.

And for the rank :
    Low beginner.
    hellminton likes this.

Thanks so much for the advice i will explain what happened in the *cool stickfigure* lol what happened was i watched it about 15 time and thought wow i am really bad so i decided to make a vow to put all my effort into my animations! and also i tried to make it a gif but i dont know how but i really apreaciate the feed back!
    I am upset because my cat peed on my sock then i put my foot in it... MY FOOT HAS BEEN SOILED

To export anims as .gif files, it's directly in the pivot program, how fortunate

It's in the menu.
    File -> there is New file, Open file, Save file, Save as, and Export file.

Oh, and take your time when animating, no really need to rush for ranking anims : better quality than quantity (but no less than 20 frames, that would be ridiculous)
    Happy animating.
    hellminton likes this.

Ok thanks for the advice but when i click the drop down save as thing all that it has listed is .piv any idea what i can do?

I said Export, not Save as...
    Geez.

Anyway :

The .piv format (obtained by SAVING) contains what you did in Pivot. You can Re-open it and modify later. It cannot be opened by others programs than Pivot.

The .gif and .avi format (obtained by EXPORTING) cannot be modified anymore (Pivot can only open .piv files).
    It is mostly animated Images, and can be read by a lot of programs. Thus, the quality is lowered a little bit compared to what's in the .piv file.
    For example, Firefox can read .gif image, and VLC can read .avi
    hellminton likes this.