Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fresh Newbie

Rate my Animation

Tell me what i can do to get better, criticism is greatly allowed

I just refinish my walking anim and i need some advice on how it suppose to look again
    A little something i put together,
    Last edited by Saruken; 26 Feb 2014 at 12:41 AM.

Tychus Findlay

Quote Originally Posted by Saruken View Post

Tell me what i can do to get better, criticism is greatly allowed
    I would say low beginner. For starters, the feet are sliding all over the place. He's not on ice is he? His feet shouldn't move at all. The stomp on the ground could of used more build up (raise his knee higher into the air before slamming his leg on the ground).

The punch was alright, he could have threw some more body weight into it though. (just move his centered origin "orange dot" to the right as he extends his punch and then back as the punch recoils.)

The only other thing I can really point out that you should work on, is how shaky everything is. In one frame the limbs are moving pretty fast, yet in the next frame they completely stop, and then in the next they speed up again. That's what's making your animation look somewhat shaky. Keep a constant motion for all of the limbs. You can slow them down and speed them up, but do so gradually, don't just have it move a gap this big |-------| and then come to a halt within one frame. Ease the spacing out like |-|--|----|-------|----|--|-|

And for punches it would look something more like this |-|--|--------------|--|-|, with less in-between frames and a much heavier spacing on the middle frame.

First of all, welcome here.

There are many things in this animation that could make it better :

-Easing : the movements of the head & limbs are often inconsistents, mainly for the final pose and the first step. It brutally stops and go -> Not good
    -Foot placement : is he on a slippery surface ? I think not. You should be more precise with feet on the ground.
    -Power : that punch looks awkward. the whole body had to slightly accompany the blow.

We have tutorials here. Check it out to learn about these issues (and others things maybe)

And also... Try to do long animations, it helps MUCH better than copying the examples of the tutorials.

low beginner.

Fresh Newbie

Yep,

Thank you, some of the stuff you said i kinda knew was wrong but i wanted somebody to confirm and reply to what could have been better. I will take what you said and learn.
    Last edited by Saruken; 15 Feb 2014 at 03:22 PM.

Fresh Newbie
    Updated

Quote Originally Posted by Saruken
    These last anims show a neat improvement
    But :
    -Right after the kick, Balance is broken. the stickman have to let his leg fall faster.
    -Arms are shaky during the kick.
    -The feet on ground are not stable, they turn.

Also, the walking scene is very nice too. The only thing i can say about it, is Stop&Go.
    The head should keep a constant speed, as the body moves forward.
    Here, it slows down, and speeds up like a chicken's head (exageration)

Somewhere out there, lost in the woods...
    a little to much easing- otherwise, nice!
    Current Project- SteelMan

Progress- About 5%

Attack on Titan Ganagstar!!!!!!!