Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crunchy

Thread: New thread By Eddyx~

New thread By Eddyx~

A short update with my most recent animation!! opinions?
    Last edited by 23eddyx; 19 Mar 2014 at 07:46 PM.

Working on LVD2!
    That was pretty smooth, I like it, but there are some spacing problems.
    For example when he runs so the space between the onion skin and the stick figure should be longer, and after he kicks he should keep moving forward.
    Good stuff, work on spacing and keep it up, I'd rank you High Beginner.

Dedicated Member
    looks good. some of the effects were a little minimalist though. Your movements are smooth and have flow to them, but your attacks seem to lack power. Try to use some heavier spacing on your fighting moves

Banned
    On the plus side, your animations are smooth, I noticed this was especially noticeable on the first bit. I think if you want to improve, you should try and make the moves flow into each other more. What I mean is you have to keep the spacing as consistent as possible, for example, if you animated a kick which went into a punch, you'd try to keep all of the momentum. The kick was also a bit wrong, he lost forward momentum when he jumped which means he wouldn't have nearly as much power, not enough to knock someone to the floor. He bent his back too much, I think you were trying to keep his head in the same position but it ended up looking a bit weird.
    23eddyx likes this.

Update!!! crunchy, thanks a lot for the help, i checked my animation and now i'm trying to fix all of the problems that you said it has, now it looks a bit better than before hehe..

Well no comment here still... ._.

You should display the others anims you used to put on the first post, so persons like me can see how you are improving.
    That said, i don't know if it's better. But after a CC, i'm 99% sure it is.

Here in this last animation, the walking scene has a balance issue : notice that we is going slow, but he bends forwards too much.
    Bending the body is a natural movement made to balance a move, and avoid falling. It can be seen on most of the running loops that many people are posting around here.
    But using it for a slow walking movement makes the physics odd.

The 3D scene is too short. But it's not bad for a first try.

There is smoothness like everywhere. that's not a really bad thing. But the final move lack dynamism.
    Here comes the need to use easing : The kicking foot should land faster, so orange stick can quickly prepare to hit again, for example. Here, he is putting himself in a weak pose, head ahead. Think about the poses too.

Now, understanding easing will be your next goal.
    You're on a good way.