Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ST1KY

Thread: MY FIRST FIGHT ANIMATED ON PIVOT

MY FIRST FIGHT ANIMATED ON PIVOT

THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT TO ANIMATION USING THREE-DIMENSIONAL EFFECTS IN PIVOT
    Last edited by joeligj; 23 Apr 2014 at 08:26 PM.

MY FIRST FIGHT ANIMATED ON PIVOT

DD addict
    I see that you didn't discover Pivot long ago which mean that you don't know much about it. The animation is pretty unoriginal becasue it's nothing but typical red vs blue which is everywhere I you look into other animation around youtube. Moreover, it was poorly made because it lacks the basics. You can learn those in the tutorial section. Just make sure you set a camping fire on the section because you need helluvalotta tutorials. Everyone starts off bad, so don't feel bad about yourself because you'll eventualy get somewhere with some dedication and passion.

Old Newbie
    Your movements are pretty choppy. I like the 3d though. If you get your movements and easing down, and take out the choppiness, that fight would look pretty awesome. In quick fights, try using trails and going back and adding more frames between frames that were already made to make it smoother.

Courtesy?
    My new thread.

I give courtesy. However, the courtesy I give is based on the quality of your criticism.

[IMG][/IMG]

I would try to make slower movements, as that's also what seems to make it choppy. After that I would look into smoothness and spacing out your movements so that they're a little more realistic.

Courtesy?

From What is here you definitely just need to work on the basics. I would suggest, as a few others have, checking out the tuts section, and I would also consider making a ton of shorter ones to work though some of the basic movements you will be using. A 20 or 30 second clip becomes much easier after you develop an eye for easing and spacing. TLR Tuts and practice and you will be fine.
    joeligj likes this.