Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Old Newbie

I'M BACK [Rev's New Thread]

I won't even care to put my old animations in this thread, as they've disappeared somehow.

Last time I was really concerned with effects, which I feel I've got the hang of. Now I'm mainly going to focus on movements. So, without further ado, here's my newest animation.

Nothing special. I kinda half-assed the effects in the first ball, and was too lazy to edit new effects in. I don't even know what I was thinking of doing. My sister was next to me and she was like "Make water come out of it", so I was like "meh, there's your fucking water". I want criticism mainly on the movements and transitions of movements. So let me tell you what I made SURE to do. Don't even tell me it's stiff, as I made sure to move EVERY single goddamn joint (well maybe not all the joints on the back) in every frame. I also added a couple of frames here and there in between movements. Oh, and please don't say anything about the balls, I edited them in at the end as am attempt at a little storyline. PS: This is actually my first real "combo" thing. Whenever I had someone fight it was usually just one punch or one kick.

So, lend me your specific suggestions (which parts were off, what needs improving, and all that good stuff), and I'll see what you have to say and keep editing this one until it's pure perfection.

And of course I'll be posing more animations.

PS PS: Old thread is in my signature, I can't edit it. Feel free to look at the only existing animation on there. GG.
    My new thread.

I give courtesy. However, the courtesy I give is based on the quality of your criticism.

Old Newbie
    Got a new one up.

I was astounded to say that editing flames is nowhere as close as as working with blood and water. I never played with opacity before. I know these flames are quite subpar (first time working with flames ) but I'll be working with flames more in the future. It was extremely hard working with no background as the onion skins were quite confusing me with the real thing. I feel like the stick was pretty smooth throughout the whole thing, thoughts?
    My new thread.

I give courtesy. However, the courtesy I give is based on the quality of your criticism.

So compared to your first animation the second one is okay. There wasva weird jerking motion after he throws the fire that i think would look better if it was more in time with the throw. But thats all sweet animations

Old Newbie
    Just a little FMA related short

9-frame run loop

Last edited by Reverence; 27 Apr 2014 at 08:34 PM.
    My new thread.

Old Newbie
    the run loop is sloppy because the back is stiff and the arms flail about.

Old Newbie
    Made another today. Finally started working with blood again.

My new thread.