Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Probably bad but want tips please :D

A basic fight I made just to practice camera movements and chaining moves together to combo and make fights faster. I also tried using different camera angles rather than just 2D perspective.

Tips and constructive cricism appreciated! Also please can you list a good thing about it (if there is any >_<). Please don't bash me too much ;_;

Hey man! To keep this post positive I'll start with a nice point, give some CC, then end with a nice concept again haha.

So to start, I really like the effort put into the camera movements. They're surprisingly fluent considering you're new to the use of them, keep at it! And that 3d punch was a pleasant surprise, super nice to have things like that thrown into an animation. Your comboing is better than I would've expected, too!
    That being said, your poses are really awkward looking and stiff at times, which is best fixed by trying to replicate that pose with your real body.(Obviously some movements you can't do this for, but if it's for a fighting stance or a walk, punch, anything like that, see if you can use your reflection in a mirror to better imagine how to animate it and get more natural looking poses !! )

Lastly, I'm sort of sad to see you made this thread 16 days ago and haven't gotten a single response. Is the pivot community really that dead? Well either way, I used to animate back when I was in Elementary School(Highschool now) but had given it up for so many years and am just now deciding to animate again. I'm gonna keep up with your progress my man, and I plan to post my first animation in ages sometime in the next week myself. I'm thinking maybe you and me can progress as animators together and build eachother up!

Quote Originally Posted by Omnistellar View Post
    Hey man! To keep this post positive I'll start with a nice point, give some CC, then end with a nice concept again haha.

So to start, I really like the effort put into the camera movements. They're surprisingly fluent considering you're new to the use of them, keep at it! And that 3d punch was a pleasant surprise, super nice to have things like that thrown into an animation. Your comboing is better than I would've expected, too!
    That being said, your poses are really awkward looking and stiff at times, which is best fixed by trying to replicate that pose with your real body.(Obviously some movements you can't do this for, but if it's for a fighting stance or a walk, punch, anything like that, see if you can use your reflection in a mirror to better imagine how to animate it and get more natural looking poses !! )

Lastly, I'm sort of sad to see you made this thread 16 days ago and haven't gotten a single response. Is the pivot community really that dead? Well either way, I used to animate back when I was in Elementary School(Highschool now) but had given it up for so many years and am just now deciding to animate again. I'm gonna keep up with your progress my man, and I plan to post my first animation in ages sometime in the next week myself. I'm thinking maybe you and me can progress as animators together and build eachother up!
    Hey thanks buddy! I think I also need to slow down certain actions to make them easier to see. For example, I'm not sure if you could see that but after the red stick dodges the black stick's kick, he threw a punch that the black stick blocked. Yeah the pivot community is kinda dead. Lots of people are saying the admins don't do much anymore and check the elite forums. There's people who post forums saying that they're elite since no one cares any more. There's also lots of people who post troll posts and there's even a guy who goes all over the forums posting posts titled "penis". :C
    P.S Would you consider joining Hyun's dojo? I'm more active on that than I am on this. That's another animation community that is mainly based around stick figures. Most users there use flash though. I've used it but I prefer pivot.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy4videogames View Post
    Hey thanks buddy! I think I also need to slow down certain actions to make them easier to see. For example, I'm not sure if you could see that but after the red stick dodges the black stick's kick, he threw a punch that the black stick blocked. Yeah the pivot community is kinda dead. Lots of people are saying the admins don't do much anymore and check the elite forums. There's people who post forums saying that they're elite since no one cares any more. There's also lots of people who post troll posts and there's even a guy who goes all over the forums posting posts titled "penis". :C
    P.S Would you consider joining Hyun's dojo? I'm more active on that than I am on this. That's another animation community that is mainly based around stick figures. Most users there use flash though. I've used it but I prefer pivot.
    I hear you man. And yeah re-watching it, you should probably show a little more reaction for the block so the audience can better tell that it actually happened and wasn't just a miss. And actually I already did make a Hyun's Dojo account! I'm thinking once I actually have experience to make a duelist, there's no rules against using pivot as your medium haha! But I'm going to wait until I've progressed though, I want to represent my duelist well, so making him right now wouldn't do him justice since I'm not good enough. But yeah, add me on the Dojo man! Exact same name as on here.