Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pivot 3?

Fresh Newbie

Pivot 3?

Hi everybody soz coz i m sure this question has been anwsered somewhere but i can't find what the actual advantages are of pivot 3 except that you start off with a good stick.Soz again if it's already been anwsered.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There are some advantages, i.e. the use of sprites, but overall, there arent many. Sprites are basically pictures you load unto pivot, and you can move around. So you can add a picture of a detailed gun to a pivot and use it as a .stk, but that is basically it.

Pivot 3 .stks and pivs cannot be used in pivot 2, so that is another downfall. The qualities of the two are debateable though. Hopefully that filled you in on a little bit.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Here straight from the horse's mouth
    Things that have changed since version 2:

You can load images (sprites) and move them around like figures. These can be bitmaps or gifs. The bottom left pixel of the image determines the transparent colour.

Timeline works slightly differently. When creating a new frame the bevel will be positioned after the last frame.

You can specify the number of times an individual frame is repeated. This means you don't have to create multiple frames of the same figure positions to create a delay.

You can load more than 1 background so that you can load different backgrounds for different frames.

There is no 'Add figure' button. Add a figure by selecting a figure from the list or pressing enter while the list box has focus.

When you delete a figure and there are no other instances of that figure type in the animation it will ask you if you want to remove that figure type from the list. This enables you to remove figure types you added by mistake or no longer want included in the animation.

Check box in the options windows to save repeated frames as bitmaps. When this is selected and you save an animation as bitmaps it will also save the repeated frames as bitmaps - for frames with repeat > 1.

The speed of the animation (set with the scroll bar in the play options) will be stored in the piv file so that it is set when a version 3 animation is loaded.

While editing a frame you can save that frame by clicking another frame. This makes it easier to edit many frames.

You can load gif images as backgrounds.

Some nice icons in the menu and on the play and stop buttons!

other small things that I've forgotten.
    But I use v2 because they are WAY fewer bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

Enthusiast

i've had two bugs using pivot3
    and never had a bug for 2-3 years using pivot2 =D

What kind of bugs do you mean, Sir Wojak?
    I was just getting interested in Pivot 3... Anyone have a download link?

Soldat is da' best

Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    I use piv3 for the little things. Like loading more than one stk at a time from the stk folder. And when loading stks it goes back to the folder you last loaded from, instead of the folder that always opens with piv 2. You can also see the actual framerate. The buttons look better, but that not really very important. You can have more than one bg this time, although spites are generally unused since they grow old fast and just look plain bad in some cases.

Does anyone know where I can get Pivot 3, though?
    Can someone give me a download link?

Soldat is da' best

[center:1galr654][/center:1galr654]
    [center:1galr654]SOCIALLY AWKWARD ALAN[/center:1galr654]

Fresh Newbie

YAY!

THNX EVERY1!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Fanatic Enthusiast

I've had v3 just randomly have an error so I loose all my progress since I last saved.
    It's made two of my pivs huge and take 30 minutes to open.
    I've had it where the last frame appears in where the fifth frame was.
    And in one it messed up the piv so when ever I opened it Pivot had an error and had to be closed.

Oh and also the deleting the stick from the list of sticks is messed up. And the makes it really hard to find the stick you want.

And that's all that I've had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast