Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Rotate

Rotate

I use 2d animation most of the time and i would like to know how (in 2d) to make someone turn and face the other direction...i just cant do it smoothly lol

~wh33lym4n~

Rotating can be hard if you don't know what your doing, but isn't impossible. Hmm... Really it just depends on what your rotating, if it's somthing with a lot of features (hats, weapons, ect.) you'll run into trouble fast, but just a basic stickman isn't really that hard, you just need to figure out what to cover up with white (or background color) lines, and how to move it.
    take a look at this, I don't know if it helps or not, but you might be able to get some basic ideas from it.
    somthing I made a while back

yeah...i see what youre doing, youre sorta like having the guy facing almost towards the front, so the direction is undecided, then when he lands he bends in a stance that is facing the other direction :-k

~wh33lym4n~

Fanatic Enthusiast

Yea, sometimes it even helps to make a new stk; the same as your stickman just with shorter arms, shorter legs et cetera.
    Elite Forgotten

yeah i was thinking of doing that too (a good idea) but there are some situations that are hard to make a smooth transition (like while doing a front filp for example)

~wh33lym4n~