Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Enthusiast

smoothness confusion

hi all,
    i havn't been animation very long and i'm just a bit confused with smoothness of an animation.

i've been through quite a few tuts, but none helped.

the problem is, i know the more frames you use to make a single action the smoother it'll be... right? but sometimes when i use a lot of frames, the animation feels really slllooooooooow.... and thats on 1 frame speed. then sometimes when i use fewer frames, it kind of stutters during the animation...

can any one help me with balancing speed with smoothness?

thanks in advance
    -penguin boi
    'live and kickin' !

New Animation thread 08

Truthfully, the only way to get smoothness (or any other thing in animation for that matter) down, is to practice. Sure tuts. help, but you just have to animate it all yourself to figure out how much an arm or leg etc, needs to move. that's the nice thing about pivot, or any other program that I know of, is that you can edit frames once you've made them. just practice.

sorry I'm just giving you all this BS and not telling you how to make things smooth but not slow like you ASKED FOR

Enthusiast

no probs, thanks anyways, and what with the super small text? was i not suppose to read that?

-penguin boi
    'live and kickin' !

New Animation thread 08

this is what he said "sorry I'm just giving you all this BS and not telling you how to make things smooth but not slow like you ASKED FOR"

try animating with the frame rate bar in the middle(its default location) thtas the best thing to do......but make sure you make pretty small increments when moving the sticks......i make some really smooth ani's like this.....
    -Old Stuff Haha-

Old Flash- viewtopic.php?t=3809