Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 37 123411 ... LastLast

Stykz disscussion thread - Windows Beta Released

http://www.stykz.net/videos/StykzBeta.mov
    They're making it for windows as well.
    Looks awesome.

Mr. Stykz will be answering any questions.
    [center:115y0wra][/center:115y0wra]

Re: Pivot for mac

Theres a thread for this on Droidz..
    It doesnt look very advanced compared to regular pivot, and there are alotta bugs..
    Good luck to them though
    [center:23j4mmrs]Animations
    [/center:23j4mmrs]

It has more features >_________________<
    [center:115y0wra][/center:115y0wra]

But a hell of alot of glitches to match
    Ive tried it on my Mac and its.. Buggy haha
    [center:23j4mmrs]Animations
    [/center:23j4mmrs]

That will make some things SO much easier to do. :3 It could use some work but it's a beta so whatever. I can't wait till the windows one comes out. I'll like to try it.
    "An expensive watch will never buy you more time" theminimalists
    PM for CC - My Thread - Reference Collection - Forum Rules

3hunnit

Looks pretty cool, I'll try it when it's done.
    They said it'll be ready for the PC by the end of February, but I'm not sure.

It's looking awesome, badly it's not working like pivot, but it has some nice features.

IMO, all it lacks to pivot is the color stick feature.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1284650939.jpg[/img]

I can't be bothered to watch that whole video.

Tell me, does it have anything like...static segments?
    If not, that really sucks. It's very limiting if you can't make detailed figures.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uuO7roTS3WU

There are 3 videos like this.

I'm not sure how old that video is you posted Hunter, but Stykz has some amazing improvements on pivot, basically everything pivot has and way more.

He made a thread on droidz for it where most of the info is - http://www.droidz.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28114

I'm looking forward to it, it'll probably get me into animating a bit more when they release it for Windows.

Hey all!

Since I'm the primary developer of Stykz, figured I'd step in to clarify a few things about Stykz and answer any questions you may have...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prescot
    Theres a thread for this on Droidz..
    It doesnt look very advanced compared to regular pivot, and there are alotta bugs..
    Good luck to them though
    Depends on what you mean by "advanced".

Stykz 1.0 was designed to be a superset of Piv 2, and when it is officially released will do almost everything Piv 2 and Piv 3 does (it won't do sprites or background images - that's on the list for the next version). Stykz also has many features that go beyond Pivot: individually colored line segments, a "polyfill" tool to create filled regions in a stick, export to .mov, alignment, three different methods of manipulating nodes, etc.

The public beta that was released three weeks ago does not include a few features (GIF export and undo) that will be in the 1.0 app when it is officially released, but other than that, the public beta does everything else (and Beta 2, which is just about to roll adds some other features as well).

As to the bugs: it *is* a beta after all.

There's a mechanism inside Stykz to submit bugs (it's under the Help menu); I have received only a small handful of reports so far, so I'd appreciate you letting me know what bugs you're encountering so I can fix them (if they haven't already been fixed).

Quote Originally Posted by error
    Looks pretty cool, I'll try it when it's done.
    They said it'll be ready for the PC by the end of February, but I'm not sure.
    That's the plan, and it's looking really good (in fact, I'm hoping to deliver the windows version earlier). In the droidz forum my sig has a pic of the Stykz Development Timeline that I'm updating every week to show how things are progressing to release. If no one minds, I can include that in my sig here too so you will be as up to date as everyone else.

(BTW: This is my first post here, so I'm hoping it's OK to include that link - let me know if I messed up...)

Quote Originally Posted by Vermi
    It's looking awesome, badly it's not working like pivot, but it has some nice features.

IMO, all it lacks to pivot is the color stick feature.
    Actually it has that (if you're talking about individually coloring segments in a figure). If you meant something else, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFire
    I can't be bothered to watch that whole video.

Tell me, does it have anything like...static segments?
    If not, that really sucks. It's very limiting if you can't make detailed figures.
    Yeah, sorry about the size of the vids - I'm working on making 'em smaller for the next go around. You can *definitely* make static line segments in Stykz - it's a checkbox on the Properties palette when you have a line segment selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uuO7roTS3WU

There are 3 videos like this.

I'm not sure how old that video is you posted Hunter, but Stykz has some amazing improvements on pivot, basically everything pivot has and way more.

He made a thread on droidz for it where most of the info is - http://www.droidz.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28114

I'm looking forward to it, it'll probably get me into animating a bit more when they release it for Windows.
    Yeah, a lot of things have been asked on the droidz thread - but I'd be happy to discuss it here as well.

Page 1 of 37 123411 ... LastLast