Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Big Boss

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,435

    Pivot tutorial survey

    For those of you who do not know, I am planning on writing an extremely in depth tutorial for Pivot animation. By "extremely in depth," I mean I plan to cover everything, from spacing and poses, to timing and different techniques. My main goal is to help everyone as best as I can, without confusing them, and for them to experiment with what I show them. To do this I need to know what you, the community, would like to see in a Pivot tutorial. I want to know how I can make sense to people, how I can help you the individual understand what I'm trying to explain. I would like to also know what you guys exactly want to see explained, or what you personally need help on. So, please, write down some ideas on what you would like to know so I can help you guys. Any suggestion is welcome, and I really appreciate it, so thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Slow at responding Caleb's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,963

    Re: Pivot tutorial survey

    I'm gonna hate the fuck out of anybody who doesn't take this serious guys, so don't go say stupid stuff in 1337 chat here please.

    @NP: Perhaps you could post the list of what you have so far, to give the people some ideas.

    Uh, hi. I do stuff.

  3. #3
    The Green Boss

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    4,602

    Re: Pivot tutorial survey

    This sounds really promising so good luck with this Nice Pants . I was just thinking about how you would do the layout because most tutorials look at bit messy. So I was thinking do the introduction, then in big letters the title of what you will be explaining like spacing. Then underneath a spoiler with all the in depth information with little diagrams. Hopefully we can talk on skype again, haven't talked to you in ages, we can diacuss this too .

  4. #4
    Liberty Phish DaniŽl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,507

    Re: Pivot tutorial survey

    Make sure you use a lot of images and examples, as visuals are always a blessing when it comes to tutorials. Also provide a lot of .PIV-files, so people can study those better.

    Further, like Caleb said, make sure to use appropriate grammar, so no sentences like this one:

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pants
    My main goal is to help everyone as best as I can
    [b]Important words should be emphasized with a or [u] and make sure to have a good order of the subjects. Basics first, effects later on. You know what I mean.

    I hope this will turn out well.

  5. #5
    Veteran Enthusiast


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    6,385

    Re: Pivot tutorial survey

    I think set it out like Darrens, that was perfectly set out. Also, it'd be best to use MyFiles to upload the pivs and gifs, the links are more likely to last that way ( a lot of tuts seem to have broken links)

  6. #6
    Flume

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,324

    Re: Pivot tutorial survey

    I wouldn't mind seeing stuff on effects, and not the basic fades/blurs/tremors kind of shit, maybe some more advanced stuff

  7. #7
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,107

    Re: Pivot tutorial survey

    Poses Is something I've noticed a lot of beginners are having trouble with. So maybe touch on the basics of that aswell as some more advanced poses.

    Geewd lak!

  8. #8
    Devoted Veteran Strider's Avatar



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,330

    Re: Pivot tutorial survey

    Well, I think it would be a good idea to layout a table of content. Some vitals would in my opinion be:

    -Getting to know the structure of the program (explanation of features and saving, creating figures etc.)
    -Basic animation mechanics (flow (easing etc.), poses)
    -Demonstration of basic movements (possibly frame by frame guides, explaining what's going on)

    Then maybe some more indepth advanced stuff like:
    -Adding emotion to movements (anticipation, exaggeration, specific poses (possibly a chart showing which poses portray which emotions, kinda like what Krust had in his signature))
    -Muscle control (not my forte, I'm not sure what this would include. Other than how lack of it would turn into onion-skin trailing, which I have made a decent tutorial about here on DD)
    -Advanced animation techniques (3D, effects, camera movement)

    These are just the things that come to mind right off the bat, there are probably more important aspects to cover.
    Behaviorally Related Neural Plasticity in the Arthropod Optic Lobes

    tumblr | last.fm

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,548

    Re: Pivot tutorial survey

    This sound quite promising. Can we have a section for effects too? Because I have a few I'd like to add up there.

  10. #10
    Big Boss

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,435

    Re: Pivot tutorial survey

    Quote Originally Posted by IfILoseAgainISwear
    I'm gonna hate the fuck out of anybody who doesn't take this serious guys, so don't go say stupid stuff in 1337 chat here please.

    @NP: Perhaps you could post the list of what you have so far, to give the people some ideas.
    I'll post what I have when it gets structured and reviewed by Krust and me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Juke
    This sounds really promising so good luck with this Nice Pants . I was just thinking about how you would do the layout because most tutorials look at bit messy. So I was thinking do the introduction, then in big letters the title of what you will be explaining like spacing. Then underneath a spoiler with all the in depth information with little diagrams. Hopefully we can talk on skype again, haven't talked to you in ages, we can diacuss this too .
    I'll try to make it as clean as I can, and of course we can talk on Skype sometime

    Quote Originally Posted by Lympha
    Make sure you use a lot of images and examples, as visuals are always a blessing when it comes to tutorials. Also provide a lot of .PIV-files, so people can study those better.

    Further, like Caleb said, make sure to use appropriate grammar, so no sentences like this one:

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pants
    My main goal is to help everyone as best as I can
    [b]Important words should be emphasized with a or [u] and make sure to have a good order of the subjects. Basics first, effects later on. You know what I mean.

    I hope this will turn out well.
    I'll keep that in mind, thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blot
    I think set it out like Darrens, that was perfectly set out. Also, it'd be best to use MyFiles to upload the pivs and gifs, the links are more likely to last that way ( a lot of tuts seem to have broken links)
    Definitely going to try and upload it somewhere where the links will be up all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strider
    Well, I think it would be a good idea to layout a table of content. Some vitals would in my opinion be:

    -Getting to know the structure of the program (explanation of features and saving, creating figures etc.)
    -Basic animation mechanics (flow (easing etc.), poses)
    -Demonstration of basic movements (possibly frame by frame guides, explaining what's going on)

    Then maybe some more indepth advanced stuff like:
    -Adding emotion to movements (anticipation, exaggeration, specific poses (possibly a chart showing which poses portray which emotions, kinda like what Krust had in his signature))
    -Muscle control (not my forte, I'm not sure what this would include. Other than how lack of it would turn into onion-skin trailing, which I have made a decent tutorial about here on DD)
    -Advanced animation techniques (3D, effects, camera movement)

    These are just the things that come to mind right off the bat, there are probably more important aspects to cover.
    That's very helpful. Thank you very much, that might just work!

    Quote Originally Posted by thepivotstudent
    This sound quite promising. Can we have a section for effects too? Because I have a few I'd like to add up there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rez
    I wouldn't mind seeing stuff on effects, and not the basic fades/blurs/tremors kind of shit, maybe some more advanced stuff
    I am going to include effects, but I would like to have someone who is good at those to consult with, seeing as I rarely do them

    Thanks for all the nifty ideas everyone! I'll be monitoring this thread for anymore ideas, so thanks a bunch!


 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •