Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

are effects needed in all pivot animations?

So I see most inters have effects in there animations now is this necessary ? I mean now does all your anims have to have effects in it an not just basic movements?
    Support your answer pls? Dont just give a straight forward No/yes

Puddin

Re: are effects needed in all pivot animations?

no they aren't

Veteran Enthusiast

why would they need effects? Movements are better then effects.

You can combine both, but I mean is it necessary to leave one out like effects?

Veteran Enthusiast

I barely ever use effects, take a look at my animations. Effects are not needed at all, they are usually used to add power. But movements alone are the main aspect of pivot, and improvement through the early stages of animating.

3hunnit

No, but adding effects can be a plus in some cases.

Flume

I achieved intermediate without any effects, personally I am terrible at them.

A good understanding of movements will get you there. I also think the ability to show a sense of 3D is a bit more vital than effects, as some movements require it to achieve the correct poses and flow. 3D also looks awesome. Dynamic camera movements also go a long way, though they are tedious I'd say moving all the sticks on stage by a couple of pixels is easier than making some decent looking effects.

That being said its good to have a basic grasp on everything, which is why after I break some rust I'm going to attempt some effects

Quote Originally Posted by Rez
    I achieved intermediate without any effects, personally I am terrible at them.

A good understanding of movements will get you there. I also think the ability to show a sense of 3D is a bit more vital than effects, as some movements require it to achieve the correct poses and flow. 3D also looks awesome. Dynamic camera movements also go a long way, though they are tedious I'd say moving all the sticks on stage by a couple of pixels is easier than making some decent looking effects.

That being said its good to have a basic grasp on everything, which is why after I break some rust I'm going to attempt some effects
    Gotta disagree, making all the sticks have camera movements on them is harder than simply taking your time to add some particles somewhere.

Effects aren't needed though, what you need is understanding of spacing up to a par where you can animate the basics cleanly without showing any trouble.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

I got vets with my effects and bad movements. But you know that there are many animators that are veteran just because of their skills with animating movements.

So, effects aren't so necessary in the end, but they can add some "spice" to your animations. Thats all.

Banned

U dont need super effects to be veteran for exemple.. I really like effects but now im working on my movements :d, for me effects are easier then movements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast