Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tutorials

Flume

Tutorials

Personally I like to help people improve and I have been thinking for a while DD is lacking in tutorials, aside from a few, they are mostly out of date or have broken links - even Baha's tutorial is currently unviewable (at least on my browser) due to malicious content from filecram, presumably from a signature or avatar of a poster on the first page. The DarkDemon pivot tutorial channel is also unused.

I also just recently noticed, we don't even have the permissions to post new topics in the tutorial section which is just another barrier for users wanting to share helpful information and tips with others. I recall Nice Pants mentioning a big tutorial from him is underway but still, I think the community would benefit from receiving a range of tips and tutorials from a variety of animators.

I tried making my own tutorial a fair while back and just recently added some of my newer animations as examples, learning is mostly through just description and studying piv files so maybe its not the best approach nor are my examples that high quality but I'm hoping a beginner could look at them and get a general feel for the poses and spacing involved with animating different types of movements in pivot. I put it up on Stick Page and Pivot Animation for those that are interested, here is the link - some feedback would be nice.

Anyways does anyone else think we need liven up the tutorial section or is it just me? Personally I would love to see a variety of tutorials along the lines of Krust's bouncy style one. For example, I'm sure many people, myself included, would be interested in seeing a fighting tutorial from Nutcracker and other tutorials from animators that excel in certain areas. Opinions?

Re: Tutorials

I completely agree with you, the tutorials ae now outdated and we need a new round of tutorials from, as Rez said, people who excel in certain areas.
    My thread

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    PSN: TestosteroneMong
    Steam: willace997
    PSN: Testosteronemong

I totally agree with you man.
    Removed* I need a sig.

Thread : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91966&p=1716340#p1716340

I was going to make a physics tutorial, then I stopped feeling like it and I sorta slacked in it. I'm thinking about making a tutorial on getting ideas easily, as I hear a lot of people saying they don't know what to animate a lot of the time.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

I love animating, but there's no tutorials on e're. How come only big ranked people can do it? It's sad how there are no BASICS tutorials.

Neo

I agree Rez, I once attempted a basics tutorial they didn't put it up.

|Pivot|YouTube|Easytoon|Flash|Animation Blog|Want some CC?

Ranks
    Spoiler:
    Intermediate: 11th November 2012

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rez
    Personally I like to help people improve and I have been thinking for a while DD is lacking in tutorials, aside from a few, they are mostly out of date or have broken links - even Baha's tutorial is currently unviewable (at least on my browser) due to malicious content from filecram, presumably from a signature or avatar of a poster on the first page. The DarkDemon pivot tutorial channel is also unused.

I also just recently noticed, we don't even have the permissions to post new topics in the tutorial section which is just another barrier for users wanting to share helpful information and tips with others. I recall Nice Pants mentioning a big tutorial from him is underway but still, I think the community would benefit from receiving a range of tips and tutorials from a variety of animators.

I tried making my own tutorial a fair while back and just recently added some of my newer animations as examples, learning is mostly through just description and studying piv files so maybe its not the best approach nor are my examples that high quality but I'm hoping a beginner could look at them and get a general feel for the poses and spacing involved with animating different types of movements in pivot. I put it up on Stick Page and Pivot Animation for those that are interested, here is the link - some feedback would be nice.

Anyways does anyone else think we need liven up the tutorial section or is it just me? Personally I would love to see a variety of tutorials along the lines of Krust's bouncy style one. For example, I'm sure many people, myself included, would be interested in seeing a fighting tutorial from Nutcracker and other tutorials from animators that excel in certain areas. Opinions?
    Acrobatics Tutorial. Please.

The Little Frij

Quote Originally Posted by moderndwalfare
    I love animating, but there's no tutorials on e're. How come only big ranked people can do it?
    I expect it's just because it is better and more helpful if it is made by an intermediate-elite than a beginner.

It won't change. I tried to start up the PivotGuides channel, but no one would contribute. An issue with lower ranks making tutorials is that they usually haven't fully mastered what they're trying to teach, so others look at that as being the correct way to animate a movement when it really isn't. I may try to bring PivotGuides back to life during winter break once I have a new mic. No promises, but I'll give it a shot.
    "An expensive watch will never buy you more time" theminimalists
    PM for CC - My Thread - Reference Collection - Forum Rules

Flume

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro Mecha
    It won't change. I tried to start up the PivotGuides channel, but no one would contribute. An issue with lower ranks making tutorials is that they usually haven't fully mastered what they're trying to teach, so others look at that as being the correct way to animate a movement when it really isn't. I may try to bring PivotGuides back to life during winter break once I have a new mic. No promises, but I'll give it a shot.
    To be fair, an intermediate these days could come up with higher quality movements than the examples used in most tutorials on DD. I think what should be implemented is an official tutorials section in conjunction with the regular section. Everyone posts their tutorials in the regular section and the best of the best get moved to the official section, that way new animators can look at tutorials and know the prime examples for animating while still receiving some tips, tricks and different styles from other animators, despite their lower ranking.

Also it's nice to know your thinking about picking it back up, looking forward to it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast