Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Is this topic a dumb one

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Completely irrelevant

0 0%
  • YES

2 50.00%
  • NO

2 50.00%

raysin the dd standard

With pivot 4 on it's way to being released. Effects and Bg's are gonna be a lot easier to use . So will that affect the ranking system as well ?
    Removed* I need a sig.

Thread : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91966&p=1716340#p1716340

Banned

Re: raysin the dd standard

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin!
    With pivot 4 on it's way to being released. Effects and Bg's are gonna be a lot easier to use . So will that affect the ranking system as well ?
    No it won't. Not in the slightest. It just means that more and more animators will have an easier time animating with backgrounds or complex usage of effects. It would only change the DD Ranking Standards if it helped make movements a lot easier.

The Green Boss

In my opinion it will change ranking slightly. Bg's will be much easier to animate with considering you can stick stks together and the onionskin will be over the bg. So for veteran it will be easier to get it with bgs or maybe it will be harder to get veteran with bgs if they raise the standards a bit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Juke™
    In my opinion it will change ranking slightly. Bg's will be much easier to animate with considering you can stick stks together and the onionskin will be over the bg. So for veteran it will be easier to get it with bgs or maybe it will be harder to get veteran with bgs if they raise the standards a bit.
    He made onion skin over the bgs?

Fuckwhy..

Puddin

Cause he is Genius

It is quite likely the way animations are perceived will change, as certain things become easier. I doubt (but don't think it's impossible) the ranking system will actually get revamped, but we may see some sort of... subconscious?... changes in what it takes to be a vet/elite.

I see ... thanks for vicing your opinions guys . I like to know if there any more views concerning this topic. Btw , Do the movements weigh more than the effects? I it possible to get a move up on movements alone ?
    Removed* I need a sig.

Thread : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91966&p=1716340#p1716340

It will be much easier to create animations at a higher quality imo, so I think it would raise the standards, yeah.

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence

I do believe it will raise standards. Backgrounds, effects, and 3D are major contributors to move ups, especially at veteran and elite levels. The change will be subconscious, but it will certainly be there.

Also, yes you can get moved up on movements alone, but they have to be VERY good.