Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pivot V. 4

Pivot V. 4

I got to thinking the other day about new versions of pivot, then thought that I should make a topic where everyone can come up with ideas for V. 4! (looks like V. 3 is more or less done, so...) And, who knows, maybe Mr. Peter Bone will drop by and perchance get a few ideas from us (and if not, we can all get a good laugh out of eachother's work) Anyways, here's mine idea so go ahead and post yours.

http://img134.exs.cx/img134/4067/pivotv.jpg
    ((If you like EZToon and are insulted, please don't flame me 8-[ ))

Dedicated Member
    thats cool. i would want to draw my own .stks and put "handles" were ever i want to. i would also like sound but i dont know maybe just punch sounds. and you could pick your own defalt stick to start with on every animation but i dont know... if its posible...or its too big...or if it costs money.

Oops! Wrong answer.

Go back and try again

Quote Originally Posted by Original post
    I think you can put 'handles' wherever you want in your .stks, you just have to figure out which lines to make static and which to make dynamic.

I started thinking though, if there were sounds, you couldn't save as a .gif,
    either .swf or a movie file, so I'm not too sure on that one. i think there needs to be like a .gif 2.0 like they made usb 2.0, and it could support sounds. i dont know, maybe better framerate too, or somthin' extra would be nice. and even if the new pivot would cost money, i'd buy it for sure.

(.swf is the extension for flash, right?)

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

There is going to be a new file type in the next pivot for stand-alone anims(meaning you cant edit them, just watch). I would also buy it(for cheap), but I'm not so sure others would, so the fan base may drop. Who knows though, if its a drastic improvement, and word spreads people may be willing to buy it... I think its a bad idea though to charge for the next version. As I've said, its his program, he can do what he wants with it.
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

I want a cool setting that makes a random stk with random dynamic/static lines with random lengths and random widths, that'd be cool .

I would not buy Pivot if it costed anything.

Dedicated Member
    i would also like a button that makes the animation run backward and whatever you do there id always a shadow even if you put backrounds (that you dont load) and a a feature that your stick can go behind something and a arm can be in front of it.

I don't think that charging for the next version of pivot would be a good idea unless you had a whole list of all the serials and c.d. numbers ect. logged away. otherwise like 1 person would buy pivot besides me and LiquidSword, and everyone else would stay with the old version, or most likely steal it from us . :-({|= oh, well...
    whatever Peter thinks is cool with me, like I said I'd buy it.

Fanatic Enthusiast

This might not be relevant but I'm not animating in Pivot till the new version comes out.

Unless I have to pay for it, which I can't because I don't have access to a credit card, I'll stick to Version 2.
    Elite Forgotten

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

totally off topic:
    Fucking hell, pivot is pissin me off. My Silent Assassin animation got struck with the invalid floating point error...... Lucky me, I manged to save the bitmaps befor I closed it.
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

'I.F.P.'?!? wth is that? :-k
    It doesn't sound good, especially if it messed up your ani. I''ve been waitin' awhile to see some more from you. Silent assassin sounds cool, I'm making one called The Assassin but it sucks. I'm gunna have to do the last half over again.

I.F.P: More reason to get version three...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast