Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: about pivot...

Fresh Newbie

about pivot...

it's a great software and all but has the community for it died? the community on every pivot forum i go to seems super inactive. I wanna know your take on this.
    DGamesBR likes this.

We'll indie animation as a whole is losing popularity, it all started with newgrounds, that made everyone want to try their hand at animation, and it's been going on for over a decade, but it was certainly a fad, and is becoming more of a niche thing again. Pivot was even more of a fad, but just like animation in General, this forum will not die, it may shrink but it will always be a home for people like is.
    Jojishi, DGamesBR, Mayfire and 3 others like this.

___
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    tl;dr: The forum is dying, so is pivot

Overall, yeah, I'd say Pivot communities are dwindling. It's a shame. And if this website doesn't move on, it will dwindle with it.

Working on LVD2!
    Why? This pivot forum is really active and there are more....I don't want pivot will die...no!!!

Banned
    I'm honestly surprised from the quality of the animations, this program could of stayed as 30 mins of fun and burger sketches.

Quote Originally Posted by MCToast View Post
    this program could of stayed as 30 mins of fun and burger sketches.
    Pffttngggghahahaha

I think outsider activity is the thing that's dwindling. People who are committed to the forum and have been for a while (tenks, McToast, Lukas) will always be around. Sure it means less "BOOMING ACTIVITY" but I find that just a few people chilling on a forum talking about animation is really cool, makes the place feel kinda homey and cozy because everyone is familiar with each other. We're like the bar from fucking cheers or something.

We'll be alright guys.
    Moonlight Road: 210/600

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amirkenan View Post
    Why? This pivot forum is really active and there are more....I don't want pivot will die...no!!!
    You don't know better though. It was a lot more active before the domain change, and even more so before Mollila took over. There was like a post every 5 minutes sort of thing, the intermediate chat/area would have at least one animation new every day without fail. It was a lot better.

Working on LVD2!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    You don't know better though. It was a lot more active before the domain change, and even more so before Mollila took over. There was like a post every 5 minutes sort of thing, the intermediate chat/area would have at least one animation new every day without fail. It was a lot better.
    I knew that, but still this forum is active.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amirkenan View Post
    I knew that, but still this forum is active.

Not really.

Maybe somebody should get to fixing this place up then .-. does the new owner even remember he owns a site? Or for that matter, know of it`s existence? honestly, He needs to fix this, it`s just becoming more of a hastle to get anywhere now that most of the links are broken with this crappy new vBulletin rsumshit... somebody needs to get their finger out I think. I said it before, and I`m willing to say it again that I think this is just the beginning of DD`s slow collapse into rejected oblivion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast