Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: What weapon type do you want to see more of?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Assault Rifles

4 12.90%
  • Battle Rifles

1 3.23%
  • Carbines

1 3.23%
  • Launchers

1 3.23%
  • Machine Guns

1 3.23%
  • Machine Pistols

0 0%
  • Personal Defense Weapons

0 0%
  • Pistols

3 9.68%
  • Revolvers

1 3.23%
  • Semi-Automatic Rifles

0 0%
  • Sniper Rifles

11 35.48%
  • Submachine Guns

0 0%
  • Doesn't matter

8 25.81%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Arsenal - Moved to http://thedarkdemon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
    Maybe.

Here is another weapon I've been wanting to do for a long time.

Thank you, O great God in the sky for making Luna make my favorite weapon. By the way, America gets taken over by Nazi's in 2138? Lastly, why is the AN-94 restricted? Is it yours only?

New Lunar Republic Princess Luna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RPGOverplayer View Post
    Thank you, O great God in the sky for making Luna make my favorite weapon. By the way, America gets taken over by Nazi's in 2138? Lastly, why is the AN-94 restricted? Is it yours only?
    No but there is definitely a story behind it, but whether or not if I'll ever have the motivation to animate the story and its setting is uncertain.

I was originally thinking about making the AN-94 only available to a few users, but I eventually decided that it will be the one sprite pack I'll probably never release to the public; I want one for only myself.

And have fun using the SCAR-H; I hope it will be useful in your projects.

Spoiler:
    Late-2006 - Started using Pivot.
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.
    12 Aug/2011 - Returned to Beginner rank.
    20 Oct/2012 - Returned to DarkDemon.

Banned
    The nazis are extinct, don't you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by lordpivot44 View Post
    The nazis are extinct, don't you know that?
    Dude, look at the M38A1, a Nazi symbol instead of the 50 stars. Plus the main Nazi's are extinct, there are still the neo-Nazis, etc.

Dude, look at the M38A1, a Nazi symbol instead of the 50 stars. Plus the main Nazi's are extinct, there are still the neo-Nazis, etc.
    The universe isn't about Nazi Germany reemerging nor Neo-Nazi groups taking power. But it is a dystopian future involving corruption in the government where it could easily be compared to Nazi Germany. Thus The US flag with a Swastika.

Related to the Arsenal, I've started to do some work on attachments. So far I have made an EOTech sigh as well as an angled foregrip.

I'm also making sure that the attachments will also be to scale like the weapons in G3. I'll probably be making more grips, sights and possibly barrel attachments before I move on to working on more complicated attachments like underbarrel grenade launchers and shotguns.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spoiler:
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.

Banned
    Is there a definite release date for the attachments?

Quote Originally Posted by 115PIVOT View Post
    Is there a definite release date for the attachments?
    No. Making the attachments is relatively easy and quick but I need to make modification to certain already existing weapon packs; particularly the first 10 weapons of G3 that still need to be converted to the attachments system. I want to check all the sprites packs I've made to date to make sure if they're able to use the new attachments at all (and many probably can't at the moment). As for those that can, I may do some tweaking.

Spoiler:

The universe isn't about Nazi Germany reemerging nor Neo-Nazi groups taking power. But it is a dystopian future involving corruption in the government where it could easily be compared to Nazi Germany. Thus The US flag with a Swastika.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Related to the Arsenal, I've started to do some work on attachments.
    Mmmm, delicious attachments, can't wait for underbarrels, maybe add flameguards for launchers/ flamethrowers.

Also, I'd like to make a request if possible; the SV-98, my favorite -sniper-! I got a reference image for you.
    Spoiler:

It comes with an integrated bipod (folded into weapon front, it'll have to be a SV-98 attachment .stk to do so.)

Here is a reference image of the L side (with bipod unfolded)
    Spoiler:

Then a expansion of the SV-98, with bolt, bipod, magazine and other cool biz.
    Spoiler:

The 7.62x51mm bullet.
    Spoiler:

The shell/bullet difference is noticeable here.

I couldn't find any good shell pics, so the difference between the bullet and the shell is that bright copperish line across the bullets.

Also, the bolt should be similar to the stocks on SCAR-H and XM8, to make it easier instead of making multiple bolt sprites.

Also, the bolt should be similar to the stocks on SCAR-H and XM8, to make it easier instead of making multiple bolt sprites.
    Sorry, I'm not too sure what you're saying here. Are you suggesting I make complete separate sprites for the bolt being pulled back or make the bolt a separate piece? Oh I understand what you're saying. Actually the decision on whether to do one or the other is perhaps the primary reason why I haven't made any sniper rifle sprites at all (except for the one I made back in G1 which didn't have any alternative images or additional functionality). But I suppose it would make more sense to make separate bolt pieces since replacing the entire gun would be more tedious especially if you had attachments on it.

The reference images you posted seems fine but the one that's facing left is a bit too much at an angle for me. I'm probably going to try to find reference images myself anyway though the first and third one seem good enough. Not sure how soon I could finish the sprite pack though.

I don't need any reference images for the shells because the appropriate one already exists.

Spoiler:

What size do you use in Pivot for your guns? I see your Arsenal signature, and the guns look perfectly sized.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast