Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: A GOOD WAY TO PRACTICE PIVOT REGULARLY??

A GOOD WAY TO PRACTICE PIVOT REGULARLY??

How do you Practice Pivot?

Pivot's great but,
    its just hard for me to practice consistently, so I was wondering how other people practice
    whether it be to improve or just to stay up on your game.

I was thinking of doing a thirty day challenge,
    Where animate something every day and it can be about anything so long
    as its at least 100 frames, idk its just an idea...

If you set goals you can easily reach, you'll never get better

Banned
    Just animate regularly?
    WafflesMgee and Valtus like this.

i cant just sit down and just animate i get stuck because
    I feel like every time I animate something it has to be this long 900 frame animation
    so Im never satisfied with whats done and feel like i have to keep working on the same anim forever
    If you set goals you can easily reach, you'll never get better

IMO, trying to do an 500+ frames animation while having all the ideas in your head isn't a good thing.
    You have to write every kind of idea in some book.

And if you practice 10-15 minutes every day, you'll become better. Also, this works for everything in life.

Banned

For the last 4-5 years I've just animated whatever the fuck I felt like.
    Open Pivot > Animate > Upload > Get CC > Try to work on what they say

Just try to animate for shits and to entertain yourself, and you'll improve without noticing. c:
    Anton, Raymond, Nanixon and 1 others like this.

Heheheh. I'm not like you nor everyone else, Extra. I just watched pivot because when my little bro spotted pivot since 2012. I got lucky anyway. Since my little bro saying 'Pivot sucks pivot sucks!'. Now I got practiced advance movements and advance sticks. That's why I was intelligent.

BBODD IV : Done!
    Yachachi Vs Asherno: 240 Frames

DD addict
    To be honest with you, I've never practiced, myself. All I did was experimenting stuff until I got it right. Just keep animating and you'll eventualy get somewhere. But, of course, you still need people to cc you so you can have knowledge of what to improve. Here's what I do: Whenever I got a cc and I don't fully understand a certain term, I look for it in the tutorial section and learn. After that, I keep experimenting. Practice is a good way to improve faster. Though, it's not nessecarily the only way to do it. You can either animate just for the sake ofit and you won't realise that you became intermediate until you get your thread moved up, or just keep experimenting and you'll get there. It's more favourable that you follow someone's style, andafter you've completely mastered it, try to give it your own touch by giving it something that differs it from the original style. Something like change in motion path or something, just figure something out. After you've got your own style, keep devoloping it.

I'll have spurts of wanting to animate for ages, then I'll have about a month of opening pivot and staring at the canvas then closing it cuz I got nothin lol

This hobby takes time to get good at. Like any other hobby. Some people have gifts and some might not. To get better, you have to realise and learn some keyfactors in your animating. Like how you make the movements and how the animation should look like. Those things you find from people's feedback. They give you some directions, but in the end you choose what you do. Like Extra said, he animates whatever he likes. And you should do the same, whenever it is "DBZ" or combo animations.

And of course: practise. Do animations. That's the only way you get better.

ℋope
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra View Post
    and you'll improve without noticing. c:
    except you're extra

LAAAAAAL

jk
    Extra likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast