Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: What rank am I?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lower

0 0%
  • Low Intermediate

1 8.33%
  • Mid Intermediate

5 41.67%
  • High Intermediate

4 33.33%
  • Higher

2 16.67%
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Guitarmangler's pivot work

Guitarmangler's pivot work

Hi I'm GMangler! I had an account on here before called GuitarMangler, but it won't let me log into it anymore. Anyways here are a few of my animations.

I used to use a program called stykz for my animations but it hasn't been updated in a while so I went back to pivot.

Newest:

Effects Testing

Favorite:

Rage

Others:

Effects Testing - Short, but has some cool stuff in it.

Rage - I had some big plans for this one, but I'm not sure I'll get around to it.

Kicks - This one is pretty decent I'd say. Definitely not perfect though!

HoverBoard - Never finished this one. It's got a lot of issues, but it's pretty good still. Note: This one is actually made in stykz.

LightSaber - Oldie but goodie! Also unfinished.

Re: Animations of GM

Update!

I like your style. It's almost like PMDX or K9 but more smooth

I suggest working on vividness. Your great at most basics except for spacing. Try using more colors and effects. The shotgun was great ftw. I think you'll be heading interz soon. Med-beg

Courtesy?
    Hi! =)

Thanks I had really no idea how good my animations were, I have always been bad at movement spacing and adding colors. I guess I'll have to work on that.

Thanks!

Sorry to sound like an asshole, but you actually lack a lot of the basics in my opinion. Although your effects are awesome, you have to learn easing, stiffness, and physics. I'd suggest go looking at baha's tutorial, it helps a LOT. Not much more to say seeing as the tutorial covers most of the information you need. If you want to go look at baha's tutorial click here.

Courtesy? (Means you go on my thread and comment)
    [center:3q2o9iv0]My Youtube Intermediate Thread Freestyle Thread (Used for Rust)[/center:3q2o9iv0]
    [center:3q2o9iv0]"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."
    ~ Michael Jordan[/center:3q2o9iv0]
    [center:3q2o9iv0]Wanna 1v1/play? Hit me up!
    XBL: James Fades[/center:3q2o9iv0]

Quote Originally Posted by PivotK9
    Sorry to sound like an asshole, but you actually lack a lot of the basics in my opinion. Although your effects are awesome, you have to learn easing, stiffness, and physics. I'd suggest go looking at baha's tutorial, it helps a LOT. Not much more to say seeing as the tutorial covers most of the information you need. If you want to go look at baha's tutorial click here.

Courtesy? (Means you go on my thread and comment)
    Well... I know what your saying, but I have been over Bahas tutorial a few times before, what part do you think I should focus on? Also my style of animating includes over-exaggerated easing, and rag-doll/cartoony physics. So keep that in mind.

Update!

Sex

Firstly, your animations are stiff, move every red dot in your animation that is a stickfigure, then work on your physics, im sure you know what it is. you footplacement is also really off, try to fix that. however your animations are smooth.
    [center:2wv65rud][/center:2wv65rud]
    [center:2wv65rud]http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86954[/center:2wv65rud]

Everyone has already covoured your stiffness, but i say you need to work more on your spacing and easing, you see in your acrobatic animation, the guy moves the same speed alot of the time, when he ducks, dives, jumps etc, but that wouldnt happend, you need to speed up some movements and learn to ease it out to create the realism effect, also work on reactions, when he hits walls and stuff, make small rebounds or big ones (depending on the level of impact) and even it out. Learning to do this well will get you inters no time courts returned
    [center:1aqqskm6][/center:1aqqskm6] [center:1aqqskm6]I return all curts, click here for thread [/center:1aqqskm6]

i like he idea of the fading in and out stuff for the acrobat thing... yeah... like me u got to work on easing (i probably need to work on it more than you though

TRIX
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare... it is because we do not dare that things are difficult

TRICKING 4 LIFE

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast