Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Beatdown/Improvement?

[center:x8fhj9ft]Intermediate[/center:x8fhj9ft]

[center:x8fhj9ft][/center:x8fhj9ft]

[center:x8fhj9ft]Beatdown[/center:x8fhj9ft]

[center:x8fhj9ft]Woodland Battle[/center:x8fhj9ft]

[center:x8fhj9ft]Sharpshooter
    Joint
    [/center:x8fhj9ft]

[center:x8fhj9ft]Fighting Movements Test[/center:x8fhj9ft]

[center:x8fhj9ft]Litho[/center:x8fhj9ft]

[center:x8fhj9ft]Nikito's Empire [Got me intermediate][/center:x8fhj9ft]
    [center:x8fhj9ft]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center:x8fhj9ft]

[center:x8fhj9ft][spoiler:x8fhj9ft][/spoiler:x8fhj9ft]

Zax

Re: Pipboys Animations: NEW! Sword

I'll be adding some frames tomorrow. Very busy today.
    I'm Back

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Styk
    I'll be adding some frames tomorrow. Very busy today.
    sounds good

It was pretty good except some small limb movements could have been flowed a bit more and poses were slightly off(basically longer stretch of limbs and more lean) but nothing huge. The reaction could have been a bit more powerful but its smooth and for the most part flowing so overall good job

Pingu

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by pINKoT
    It was pretty good except some small limb movements could have been flowed a bit more and poses were slightly off(basically longer stretch of limbs and more lean) but nothing huge. The reaction could have been a bit more powerful but its smooth and for the most part flowing so overall good job
    good advice, thank you. I'll be sure to use your comment in my next animation.

My opinion and thoughts about all the animations on your thread:

Run, Flip and Fade-
    The first thing I noticed was the head bobbing. Now don't get me wrong, this can be great if pulled off correctly, but you need some minor practice on this trick. It was a little bit too noticeable, and sudden, if you get what I'm saying. Just smooth it out a bit and your good to go there.

On the flip, it was just physically impossible, so put it bluntly. Now I realize that it's just animation and it doesn't have to be realistic and all, but for this kind of thing, it's great to have some realistic physics and all. The main problem is, the man went too far for little to no build-up. This can be easily fixed though so no real worries there. Second thing I noticed, was the landing. I was fine, I enjoyed how he landed in a sitting pose. But don't ever forget the easing at the end of all your movements. I see you did ease, but not quite enough there. He stops too suddenly.

Main problem with this animation is momentum and easing. Practice practice practice!

___

Gun Test-
    Awesome improvement with the easing, man. The man firing the pistol is nearly perfect in my eyes. You did a great job showing the recoil and didn't exaggerate it too much like many people do. The effect was simple, but that's just the way it should have been. I like your use of the color orange instead of the usual yellow or red. Only flaw I see in this, is the other man. The entire animation would be far better if he just wasn't there. He serves no main purpose that I can see, considering he isn't even being shot. But still this is not an animation error, since it's not animated.

Great animation overall!

___

Flying Kick-
    Sweet little animation you got here! First thing I noticed was how (in my opinion) well you pulled off the 3D. Great use of Double Framing, and awesome job at making the legs thicker as they come towards the screen. The "reaction" was not anything to speak of, but I can definitely tell you meant to animate it this way. Luckily it fits well with the animation and doesn't show anything negative. Oh yeah, and the ground was static. Don't forget to move it dude!

Overall it was awesome.

___

Sword-
    Cool! Pretty good run loop you have developed man. First "flaw" I saw was how he pulled the sword out of nowhere. However I think it actually works with the style you were going for, so that's alright. Second flaw I see is the "speed effect" thing you have. This is also something that can be awesome if done right, but here is where you went wrong in my opinion: First off, the color. I think it should be toned down just a LITTLE bit. Right now it sticks out a bit too much, and lastly, I think it goes too fast. I understand it's supposed to stimulate a "hyper-speed" sort of thing, but man, it just doesn't look right here. Okay, now for the last flaw of the animation: the reaction of the other guy that came in. It wasn't bad, but it just doesn't feel like he really got hit by a sword. It looks almost as if he just kinda fell down. That's all I have to say about that I think... OH I almost forgot. I see at the very end of the animation the sword like, following the proper loop by going forwards then back and stuff, it goes halfway then just comes back to the back when it should have followed through to the front. Sorry if I didn't explain that very clearly.

Overall the animation was a success!

So yeah, sorry if I sounded harsh at any time, I was just trying to help you out man.
    Courtesy returned

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Kellawgs
    My opinion and thoughts about all the animations on your thread:

Run, Flip and Fade-
    The first thing I noticed was the head bobbing. Now don't get me wrong, this can be great if pulled off correctly, but you need some minor practice on this trick. It was a little bit too noticeable, and sudden, if you get what I'm saying. Just smooth it out a bit and your good to go there.

On the flip, it was just physically impossible, so put it bluntly. Now I realize that it's just animation and it doesn't have to be realistic and all, but for this kind of thing, it's great to have some realistic physics and all. The main problem is, the man went too far for little to no build-up. This can be easily fixed though so no real worries there. Second thing I noticed, was the landing. I was fine, I enjoyed how he landed in a sitting pose. But don't ever forget the easing at the end of all your movements. I see you did ease, but not quite enough there. He stops too suddenly.

Main problem with this animation is momentum and easing. Practice practice practice!

___

Gun Test-
    Awesome improvement with the easing, man. The man firing the pistol is nearly perfect in my eyes. You did a great job showing the recoil and didn't exaggerate it too much like many people do. The effect was simple, but that's just the way it should have been. I like your use of the color orange instead of the usual yellow or red. Only flaw I see in this, is the other man. The entire animation would be far better if he just wasn't there. He serves no main purpose that I can see, considering he isn't even being shot. But still this is not an animation error, since it's not animated.

Great animation overall!

___

Flying Kick-
    Sweet little animation you got here! First thing I noticed was how (in my opinion) well you pulled off the 3D. Great use of Double Framing, and awesome job at making the legs thicker as they come towards the screen. The "reaction" was not anything to speak of, but I can definitely tell you meant to animate it this way. Luckily it fits well with the animation and doesn't show anything negative. Oh yeah, and the ground was static. Don't forget to move it dude!

Overall it was awesome.

___

Sword-
    Cool! Pretty good run loop you have developed man. First "flaw" I saw was how he pulled the sword out of nowhere. However I think it actually works with the style you were going for, so that's alright. Second flaw I see is the "speed effect" thing you have. This is also something that can be awesome if done right, but here is where you went wrong in my opinion: First off, the color. I think it should be toned down just a LITTLE bit. Right now it sticks out a bit too much, and lastly, I think it goes too fast. I understand it's supposed to stimulate a "hyper-speed" sort of thing, but man, it just doesn't look right here. Okay, now for the last flaw of the animation: the reaction of the other guy that came in. It wasn't bad, but it just doesn't feel like he really got hit by a sword. It looks almost as if he just kinda fell down. That's all I have to say about that I think... OH I almost forgot. I see at the very end of the animation the sword like, following the proper loop by going forwards then back and stuff, it goes halfway then just comes back to the back when it should have followed through to the front. Sorry if I didn't explain that very clearly.

Overall the animation was a success!

So yeah, sorry if I sounded harsh at any time, I was just trying to help you out man.
    Courtesy returned
    Best.. comment... ever. Thanks man that was a big help I totally get what your saying about the run, flip and fade. Probably my least favorite out of all of them. Thanks for the comment on the gun test but it's mostly just a test, might add a reaction to the other guy later. P.S. The background was yellow . Thanks for the comment on flying kick, one of my favorite animations i've done. Also thanks for the cc on Sword i'll be sure to use your advice!

No problem at all man, glad I could help

Enthusiast

Thanks.

New Update! Joint with styk!

Re: Pipboys Animations: NEW! Joint with Styk

Aight, here goes then.

Your animations contin quite a bit of stiffness, you should add flow to your movements and drag momentum. Flow basically means linking 2 movements together, so you don't ease out all the way, instead, the limbs bend into the next movement. This same goes for dragging momentum, it means you don't ease out all the way to then make him continue going in the same direction again (for example punch to kick or such, he should keep going forward instead of going forward, stopping then going bck forward).

Courtesy returned.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast