Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: EM AI VETERRUNZ?!

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • YUS

14 38.89%
  • BRAWGH

13 36.11%
  • NOES

9 25.00%
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Caleb - Update! Wall 24/10/13

Caleb - Update! Wall 24/10/13

Right, here's this clean thread with a new animation I decided to post because I just want it posted/I'm an impatient bastard.

Featured stuffed stuff animation stuffers:

Fun facts:
    Spoiler:

-This animation's exactly 390 frames long.
    -This animation's actually a sequel to an old animation I called "Problem Solved", which was an introduction to a stickman I made called funpuppet. I got the idea off one of the comments which said the animation didn't make sense. This is my delayed explanation as to why it did. Unfortunately I lost the animation so I can't show you, but some might remember it!
    -This animation was started in the end of 2012. I thought I lost it but somehow managed to find it back and finished it within 2 weeks just now. I animated until after the knocks on the wall at the start back in 2012.

The slowmotion's bad I know, I just don't feel like editing it anymore. I might sometime though, who knows.
    Edit: Okay so I got 3 comments so far and they all said they didn't find anything bad about the slowmo so I'll point out why I think it's bad. Sure it's smooth and all, but the timing's off. It feels really out of place.

Old but worth keeping in my thread.

This was a really cool illusion (guess I can call it that) back on DD. Doesn't work here but still fun for nostalgia purposes.

Old stuff:
    Spoiler:

For an old wallflip competition thingie in freestyle.

Soccer fun, also started as a freestyle thingie. I like the little lob he does.

It's a nailgun AND a handgun! Why, isn't that just nifty!
    Last edited by Caleb; 17 Mar 2014 at 10:17 AM.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Tychus Findlay

Re: Fresh new lil' thread!

Both of those were really great, especially the top one.

In the top one, the poses you used to show him kick the ball in the air were perfect. Although I think the stickfigure got a little floppy towards the end. It could just be my opinion.

The bottom one was a little simple and it would have been nice to see the full reaction, but even so, what was there looked good.

I love your style Caleb, please try and make something longer.

Enthusiast

Those were nice, on the first one when he bounced off the wall they're wasn't enough momentum to have him go that far that fast.
    On the second one I thought the run would look better if the run was spaced out more. Also I thought the blood particles were a little too big. Good work though

Quote Originally Posted by Psych
    Those were nice, on the first one when he bounced off the wall there wasn't enough momentum to have him go that far that fast.
    On the second one I thought the run would look better if the run was spaced out more. Also I thought the blood particles were a little too big. Good work though
    There pretty much was, he gets on his feet and falls down to the floor, gravity wants to pull him down but his leg is strong enough to make it act as a leverage bar, making him fall to the front.

Thanks for the comments though! I've been experimenting around with the hand/nailgun thingie, finishing up the reaction, improving the blood, stuff like that.

I'm also working on a more detailed animation with a story in it, I'll probably post a screenie somewhere these days .

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

The newest one is great, I love the weird, epileptic-ish style. The hand-gun was original, but not really outstanding.

P2k

You definitely have a nice style, almost feels old school - especially with the hollow heads/small proportioned sticks, it's not exactly done often any more.

The animation itself is decent, I think you could improve on poses/flow, with practice I can really see your style developing in to something very original.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by P2k
    You definitely have a nice style, almost feels old school - especially with the hollow heads/small proportioned sticks, it's not exactly done often any more.

The animation itself is decent, I think you could improve on poses/flow, with practice I can really see your style developing in to something very original.
    Thank you!

It's funny though, most people always tell me flow is my strongest point haha. But yeah, I (mostly intentionally) don't watch the poses while animating, it's sort of a cheating point for momentum twitches.

Still though, thanks a bunch, I'll try to look at my poses some to see what comes out then, just to test it out .

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Re: I bricked it as a kid and still do

Update!
    [spoiler:2l0lg4qa]
    For the wallflip competition, attempt at creativity... Yeah, I don't know.[/spoiler:2l0lg4qa]

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

I don't even.
    What is that?

Everything is nice in my eyes. Only thing is the legs when he's in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by extra
    I don't even.
    What is that?

Everything is nice in my eyes. Only thing is the legs when he's in the air.
    It's a brick wall with arms and legs. Don't know what I was thinking to even get the idea.

But thanks! Just fixed up the legs, will update the thingie in a minute.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast