Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GALLADE

Old Newbie

Re: Flippin' it!

New one!

going through a lot of your animations I can see you had a great deal of animations that really show you have talent. You seem to have picked up on relative easing and stuff....sometimes. I think your problem is you aren't really able to focus on connecting movements.

This One shows some solid frame work and you animated the stick figure pretty well, but you showed confusion on how to control where the sword should be angled during the swinging action. The picking up the sword after dropping was stellarly(not a word) done. The once again you got to the movement of the sword random and odd. Heck this stick figures movements are a solid intermediate in my eyes. The reaction to him falling was perfect. No stiffness(minus the interaction with the sword and the arms).

Now with purple it felt sort of odd. During the second hop, The control with stalling his speed was well done and then after that the weird 3 stooges run came into play and sort of the exit from the slowly halting movement into the run was poorly executed.

Now onto the flippin' it animation. the only thing I liked was the reaction of the impact with the ground. Very ragdoll and realistic feel. From the limited amount of animations you posted realism seems to some what knowledgeable with you. Which in turn is a great thing to focus on. You have a knack with knowing how to to animate realism reactions. The whole pause and mouse coming into frame seemed out of place. Maybe you should of sort of gone the Animator vs animation feel and had the camera zoom out showing the mouse clicking on the pause as he's stopped and swooping down and picking him up and then dropping him, this way there doesn't seem like a random mouse coming into frame.

All together what you have to work on is trying to make a better transition into movements. Focus on how each segment is moving and use the onion tool and set it so you can view the onion skin of frames after the frame you are working on so you can sort of use the reference the next pose to make the transition between poses more likely.

Keep up the good work and just have fun Kieth.

Curtz?(click on my signature)

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

Old Newbie

Thanks

New one!

Re: My bouncy stuff

You're coming along real nicely, smooth flow, and a tad bit of easing here and there. One thing I see as a problem is a bit of stiffness throughout your animations, and alot of your animations are just shorts. Try to make a longer and more entertaining one, then you may have a chance at intermediate. Also when he falls onto the stick thing, its quite abrupt and doesn't flow with the rest of the animation.

Nicely done,

Courtsey mate?
    Hi guys, I'm back again, check below for my thread

Mattman=Thunder Clunt

Puddin

Nice done
    Only thing i didn't like was that when the stick man was still flying down he was stiff, maybe add some arm, foot,head movements so it looks more boncy

Enthusiast

kieth, you've shown a fairly solid ability to animate a nice bouncy style and attractive poses. not all of your anims are up to par, however. these recent ones weren't your best. Overall, i'd call you a very strong high beginner. good work.

Love the latest one. Brilliant demonstration of your knowledge, you had several kinds of spacing to pull off (floppiness/speed/impact/etc) and nailed them all. Few more like that and you'll be intermediate in a flash.

Old Newbie

Update!

Puddin

Nice work xD
    I like it but maybe move the backjoint more it looked kinda stiff.
    Nothinbg else to say.

Old Newbie

Re: Horse Trouble!

Updated, with inspiration of horse's revenge

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast