Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    1 Post Lurker

Cool 'The Ocean's Breath was Salty' - Computer Animation (Blender)

Hello,

I am an artist based in Nottingham, UK. I would really appreciate feedback on my latest animation.

It can be viewed at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B10VHGA-elM&t=11s

In an increasingly ubiquitous technological climate, the computer animation considers the elastic relationship between the simulated and the real, the artificial and the natural.

Referencing video game interplay, the audience embody a user who is able to navigate and manipulate virtual reality; an unstable space that can be moulded depending on its required function. Virtual forces of gravity and resistance become malleable, allowing the user to manoeuvre and shape a digital reconstruction of the real for their own viewing pleasure.

Interested in the uncanny digital translation of natural forms and textures, the work centres on the interpretation of water. Often converting into a heightened blue and surging in a fantastical manner, it feels familiar yet is removed of all imperfection. I was interested in exposing the layers of construction of this hyperreal aesthetic, disrupting and unravelling them as a method of disturbing the faith that is held in the facade of the digital screen.

I hope that you enjoy!

Fresh Newbie
    Ha. I like the taste of lactating nipples. It pleases me greatly.