Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast

BEFORE YOU REQUEST READ!

FIRST YOU NEED 100 POSTS TO REQUEST. AND IF YOU HAVE 100 POSTS THEN READ ON. IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS READ ANYWAYS.

Important note: From now on you may not double post in your request thread because no one has replied to it. This is a relatively slow forum, so your topic wont be bumped down very fast. It's OK to double post after about 6 or 7 days without a response, but not the next day. Failure to abide by this rule will result in a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    I've seen a lot of people make requests for stks that can be quite time consuming to make and complain when it is not done or not to their standard. Instead:

1. Try to make the stk yourself, or at least give it a go.
    2. Search it up. Try DD, Droidz, PA etc It's probably been made before
    3. If those two fail then think; do I really need this stk anyway?
    4. If you do, then request it. It is annoying seeing people request generic simple stks that have already been made.

If you are requesting a .piv file:
    1. Check their thread, it might be there
    2. If it's not there or it is a dead link, PM them regardless of activity
    3. Wait 3 days for a response
    4. If you don't get one, then request it, somebody might have it.
    THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO STK SHOPS OR REQUEST SHOPS
    I've seen many people posting request for things that are easy and simple to make. Instead of posting requests first, why don't you all try making it yourself first. Here are some steps for doing this.

How to do it:
    1. Go read THIS
    2. Then once you got the technique down, go to THIS
    3. When you are at google, search for a picture of the thing that you want.
    4. For example, if you want to make a keyblade, then find a good picture of a keyblade, like THESE
    5. Now load up pivot and just copy what it looks like.

How to do it alternatively:
    1. Download Froost. You can download it HERE. I think you have to download the binary thing first. Then you download the actual thing.
    2. Follow steps 1-4 on "How to do it"
    3. Use Froost to make the picture or pivot transparent. Most people think that it is better to make pivot transparent. But you choose what you like best.
    4. Load up Pivot
    5. Click "File", Then "Create Stick Figure". Then Line up the transparent picture in the middle. Then begin tracing!

(Froost is a program that makes windows transparent. It can be used with Pivot, Paint, and Photoshop. But it doesnt always have to be used for tracing, it can be used to see multiple windows at once.)

(There is another program similar to Froost. It is called Actual Transparent Window. It was made by Actual Tools and It can be downloadedHERE

If you CANNOT Find a picture, here is something you can do: (you should only do this when you can't find a picture)
    1. Get paper
    2. Get pencil
    3. DRAW your background
    4. Scan it. and upload it
    5. Use Froost or Actual Transparent Window to trace it.

Other options to consider if you cannot create a figure from scratch after trying the initial ways to do it properly after failing several times:
    1. If a figure is too hard to make, and if you have tried making it with Froost, just don't use one in your animation! Its as simple as that.
    2. You don't always have to start from scratch. You can take a stick figure from one of the packs you downloaded off the home page of DarkDemon and edit it. Make sure you just switch the lines you add from 'dynamic' to 'static'. And DO NOT add more lines or circles to the origin. (Origin - the orange dot that moves the stick around)
    3. If you are trying to make a 4-legged animal, then take the horse that was pre-made and edit it to make it look like you want it to.

Reasons why you should make your own Figures:
    1. It will keep you from looking like a beginner
    2. It will make you more unique if you create your own sticks
    3. You will be able to understand how to make them and you will be better.
    4. You will have more experience in pivot
    5. You won't be bothering people that have other things to do when you can easily make it yourself.
    6. It's a part of the program "pivot" to make your own sticks. Thats why they have "create stick figure" They dont have it there for people to make them for you. Its there so you can make your own.
    7. You will be able to show off your own pieces of art.
    8. Posting here doesn't even increase your post count.
    9. People will recognize you.
    10. You wont have to give credit to others.
    11. You can have people credit you
    12. You might be able to break your laziness habit

Excuses that DO NOT work:
    Excuse (E): I'm good enough to not have to make my own
    Argument against excuse (AAE): If you are saynig that, you are NOT good enough

E: I'm too busy to make my own, I have a life you know
    AAE: If you are too busy, then you should stop animating and concentrate on what you need to do first. Then when you are not busy anymore, it will be time to start making stick figures!

E: I am way too lazy to do that.
    AAE: You aren't lazy, you either just don't know how. But if you truly are too lazy to do it, then you should quit animating now because being lazy is a sign that you will quit animating soon. If you are too lazy to do it, then you most likely don't have the dedication do something like this. If you are lazy to do it, then screw it.

E: I have no idea what my stick figure should look like
    AAE: Download Froost, search a picture, and trace it.

E: I don't know how to make my own. All the segments are uneven and are not symmetrical when I do it.
    AAE: CLICK

E: It is too complicated
    AAE: Then don't use it!

E: My friend makes the stick figures for me, then I animate
    AAE: Then you shouldn't even be posting here. Just talk to your friend. Even if this is the only place you two can commuminate (B.S.) you should post in the Clan Project board, not here.

E: I am really new to pivot and I haven't learned how to make them yet.
    AAE: Well then NOW is a good time to learn how to make your own. Am I right? And look at the tutorial for it. It will help a lot.

E: I just can't figure out how to make (insert item here). The joints don't move the way that I want them to.
    AAE: Make sure the lines you DON'T want to move are set to "static". and try to NOT attach more segments to the origin. (Origin - the orange dot that moves the entire stick around)

Excuse that DOES work:
    I have tried all of the above and "I have no drawing skills"/"I dont have a scanner". Therefore, I am unable to scan my drawing because of this.
    ^That almost NEVER happens^

lol secret link 8 woot : http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentop ... rd=2000303
    R.I.P. Mom n Dad

I break obstacles...
    I break stereotypes...
    I break prejudice...
    I break assumptions...
    I break all opponents...
    ...who stand before me.
    I'm a bboy, and i break to any beat.

Dedicated Member
    Hooh gav yu prrmisson 2 do dis? lol, nah jk.. Nicely explained, i kinda see your point in a way. This could have probly went in the help center though...

Enthusiast
    Nice to see someone so relativley new contributing to the forums, in a positive way )
    Keep it up, you'll go far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon

Sephy, your one sick fuck. But I cant help but laugh.

Very nicely explained. I might get this stickied because it doesn't seem right to have it floating around with the requests...

Talk about 'Froost' in there too. It helps. (google it)

Enthusiast

thanks

thanks bolt, I've been trying to find a program that makes windows transparent. w00t. that helps, i added it to guide
    R.I.P. Mom n Dad

I break obstacles...
    I break stereotypes...
    I break prejudice...
    I break assumptions...
    I break all opponents...
    ...who stand before me.

Enthusiast

*stickied*

Froost can be used for absolutely everything by the way. Second of all, don't make the picture transparent. Just make the Stick Figure Builder transparent. That way works easier.

Also don't call it "the better way to do it" lol. It's just an alternative.

Enthusiast

w00t

w00t. i got a sticky within my first 10 posts.
    R.I.P. Mom n Dad

I break obstacles...
    I break stereotypes...
    I break prejudice...
    I break assumptions...
    I break all opponents...
    ...who stand before me.

W00T 10,000 posts..... oh... damn just a dream!!
    hey, nice work leo this should help clear up many many many noobs asking for simple things like rooms or weapons..... also you could add actual transparent window ... i use it and its just as easy and free. [google it]
    My blast tut
    Click sig for meh thread

Death for death.... crap wait....

Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: w00t

Quote Originally Posted by LeoTHELion
    w00t. i got a sticky within my first 10 posts.
    I got an feelin' that you've been here from before and now how the thing goes around here : P But I might be wrong. Nice tut anyway.
    Click here
    Go and check him out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast