Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Was this tutorial good??

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes it helped me out a lot

30 42.86%
  • it did'nt help me out but it was great

26 37.14%
  • this tutorial sucks!!!!!

14 20.00%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    W00T 10,000 posts..... oh... damn just a dream!!

Blast tutorial!!! *Updated 28-1-07*

Blast tutorial

Movements:
    the basic movement of the blast is a normal punch like so: click
    .PIV

You can do the blast in 2 ways
    1:make you stick punch then add to it
    2:add all as you go along

I personaly make the punch adding as i create it.
    The only movement your going to need is a punch. it can be any punch its up to you but i use the one above.

Blast:
    This is the trickey bit .....
    You need to make a small light coloured ball [your choice of colour] appear in his hand just as he raises his arm for the punch,
    and make it bigger and darker as you go along [i roughly enlarge it about 20 per frame] untill he has his arm is like this

then carry on the punch and make a line come from the ball as he has his arm straight. then add a little white line
    and a little white ball inside of the main ball like so:
    [yours can be any color]
    also make the inner white ball and line 40 size smaller to get the best quality.
    then with that go to the next frame and make both the blast lines and the balls shrink by 20 and make the colour lighter like so:

keep repeating this getting 20 smaller and a bit lighter each time and you should end up with this:

.PIV FOR ^
    now all you need to do is add the blast to the punch,
    and this is the finished product of the blast:
    CLICK FOR PRODUCT
    ^ .Piv ^

Thats the blast part covered. now for the effects!

Effects:
    This bit is pretty hard but it looks really cool.
    The first thing is light, from when you blast it would usually create light.

If you want to add this effect into the animation then you need too get the exact same .stk that is doing the blast and
    put him in the exact same position but move him slightly over like so:

note: dont use the colour in the example. unless your blast is green.

This is an example of what you will be adding into the animation but you will be doing it as he blasts and not standing still.

.PIV

The way to do it is add in the other .stk just at the side of the main .stk like said above and make it bright [you color of blast] E.G. bright red just as he blasts
    and you can make this easier by making it the colour of the blast. then on the next frame make it lighter and move it slightly more across, but as the colour gets so light
    instead of making it white make it a very distinctive grey, by this time keep the .stk in one position, next frame a bit darker grey and next frame a bit darker, but at this
    stage start to move the .stk back into the main.stk and when it gets so dark delete it and it looks like it has gone into the main .stk. if you did'nt understand one bit of that
    im sorry but there's a .piv if your unsure.
    Final step
    This is just adding in more effects, when you are making the effect above when you change the .stk colour also change the floor to that colour, it adds to the lighting effect,
    also you can add in your own effects E.G. electricity touches and or ground shaking, or mabie change the colour of the beam half way through it. Its totally up to you!

More effects
    Right this is not making the movement any different, it will just enhance the effects,
    there are two ways of making this effect... i dont really know my personal favourite coz i like them both, heres an example of both of them:
    Effects type 1

^ .Piv ^
    You do this by just creating a simple line ....... then you add a few to the animation but start it of as size 60 and a light blue colour, then on the next frame make is a bit darker and
    size 80 then on the next frame make it blue and size 100 ..... you move it roughly its own length each frame .... when the line touches the blast ball it increases the size by
    5 each time, so say if 3 of the lines touch it at the same time then it goes up by 5 each one so thats 15. this isent very hard to do but it took me like 15 mins just to do the
    example so you have to be patient.
    now for the second one a little more trickey:
    Effects type 2

^ .Piv ^
    This is basically the same but the particles move and curve.... it starts off the same at 60 and light blue then next frame darker and 80 and next frame blue and 100 .....
    but this timeyou just make them bend when they get to a certain point ... you choose where this point is .... its exactly the saem when to lines enter the ball, enlarge by
    5 or 10 wich every you prefer [better to use 10 if you dont want to use many lines] i know this might not make much sense but yet again there's .pivs to study if you didnt.

Effects type 3
    Yet more effects come. this isent very hard and you dont really have to change much so you can just edit the last one you made using this tut, right here is an example of what we are creating:

^ .Piv ^
    to do this all you do is when you feel its appropriate you just create a white line in the middle of the blast [ any siz aslong as its smaller than the blast] then click next frame, then on this frame you just enlarge it by 10 and keep repeating until the beam has gone ..... so this method doese'nt invole shrinking the beam and making it ligher in colour. it just involves creating a small white line that gradually get bigger to give it the effect of disintegration.

Effects type 4
    Here is an example of the effect we are creating

^ .Piv ^
    Ok legts get started, this is proberly the easiest thing to do but is quite effective, start of with the normal blast but dont make it appear from no were, make it half way to where ever you want it to go and click nex frame, on this frame you move it to where you want it to be but shrink it by 10 and make the colour slightly lighter
    and click next frame, keep repeating this until the blast is very light in colour, almost white then just delete it, i think that this effect makes it look like the blast has already gone but is leaving a small trace of where its been, like smoke.

Stk list
    Blast ball
    Blast
    Blast build-up line
    Floor

Final Product
    heres the finished product of all the things above put to geather and also a piv:

^ .Piv ^

By: D€ath com€z!
    My blast tut
    Click sig for meh thread

Death for death.... crap wait....

It's ok. The shine on the guy is helpful, I'll use that technique, but a tip for the beam. Make it bet bigger with the white bit also getting better. (Add that into the tut) This is nothing for the master list im afraid.
    [center:1dyohg2y]I miss everyone. [/center:1dyohg2y]

ok thanks....
    i knew it wouldnt get into the master list anyway ... its my first tut lol its not great but it might help somebody out there.
    My blast tut
    Click sig for meh thread

not bad, i like that. This will sorta help beginners like me XD. Pretty good, not sure if it should be sticky. But i really like it. Thanks
    Join YaffleToonz! - http://yaffletoonz.com
    My Msn Addy - omg_im_bob@msn.com

Check out my Thread- Cortesey?
    Got any good animations or sticks? PM me and i'll add them to the site with credit! http://www.pivotpuberty.co.nr

Very good technique and not too hard, I will try an animation with this soon ) But this beam doesn't look very good when you size the beam I think (simile_)

Fanatic Enthusiast

Yes, good tut, there aren't any good blast tuts that I know of so this will be very helpful to many people. It helped me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

thanks! now i can do good beams!

I made one using your tutorial:

Is it good or bad? Not as good as yours of course :P

This tutorial helped me a ton. I never used beams before because they seemed too hard.
    Btw Maverick, wtf? Why's he bending back first X_X

hey maveric i see the tut hepled you with blasts..... it looks pretty good but it looks a little stiff wa_)( anywayz glad it helped you people out
    My blast tut
    Click sig for meh thread

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast