Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Proper colors/fades ect.-Look even if you think you know how

I've noticed that alot of people I know do a fade wrong, so i'll try to help you guys out.

First, a simple fade behind an object(In this case, ground):
    [tn=500:1so5lrsx]http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4281/rightwrong1ly1.png[/tn:1so5lrsx]

This is done wrong in a number of different ways, not just a stickman.
    I have also seen many people do a big ball (From an energy attack or something) that slowly fades to white, and it is in front of the bg still, even when it's almost white.
    Think of it this way: If you see a light fog on your street, you can see through it, even though it's not the exact same color as what is behind it. So once the object is almost the color of the background, move it behind it, so that it looks more transparent.

Second, a colored stick fading behind something:
    [tn=500:1so5lrsx]http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6784/rightwrong2zj9.png[/tn:1so5lrsx]

Now you may think "Who does that?" But you'd be surprised how many people do it.
    If you have a color stk, you make it fade from it's color, to lighter shades of it's color, until it matches the background.

Third, fading into a colored background:
    [tn=500:1so5lrsx]http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9530/rightwrong3if7.png[/tn:1so5lrsx]

Now this isn't done as often, but this can help out some begginers, i'm sure.
    When you fade into a colored background, you don't do the classic fade to white thing.
    You fade from the color of the stick, to a dark version of the background color, to almost the background color, then it dissapears.

I hope I explained that well enough for you to understand =P

Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    Nice little explanation. This will help more than just begginers.

KRZ

I love this, it will help alot of people, because ive seen some BAD fading.
    [center:3bfbn9pe][/center:3bfbn9pe]

Ya Its kool but I knew those things already. (Actually I learned them by watching your anims frozenfire!)

Hell Yeah!

Nice tut, it'll help alot of begginers but thank god i already used this method . Good to see I'm doing it right. This may get a sticky >.>
    [center:1dyohg2y]I miss everyone. [/center:1dyohg2y]

I really have to pay attention to the first tip you gave. I don't fade out like taht :])

Enthusiast
    Nice!I don't usually make fades in my animations,but when I do every once in a while,I'll do it your way Frozenflame!(Sorry if I got your name wrong!)

Quote Originally Posted by BN
    sangwitches

Enthusiast
    what bout fading into diffrent color background's? like you have grass one color and sky another, what color should you fade to then? or if you have a alot of colors behind the stick, what do you do there? Or even if you have a colored red person that has to fade to green? How do you fade across the color board? This is kind of a really simple tutorial, All though helpful for new people. But you might want to include those things i asked.
    [center:2n8115hn][/center:2n8115hn]

W00T 10,000 posts..... oh... damn just a dream!!
    Thats an easy problem to solve..... ill use your example red background and green floor [grass] you get you stick or what ever fading, split it in two and add the half into it then the other half ... then simple as fade to the red for top and green for bottom like so:

^ .Piv ^
    Problem solved

*Edit:Frozen fire you can use this example and .piv if you want* Also nobody take the .stk man coz its mah sig and i will go nuts if i catch you using it
    My blast tut
    Click sig for meh thread

Death for death.... crap wait....

Enthusiast
    Yes, I figured that was the way to do it. But I wanted frozen to add it to the tutorial. But it still is a problem for super complex backgrounds, where you have tens of colors in tiny spaces. But wow, that animation you made there, was like death to the eyes.
    [center:2n8115hn][/center:2n8115hn]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast