Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Did this help at all

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • It helped

1 5.56%
  • Some what

6 33.33%
  • Not at all

2 11.11%
  • This sucks

9 50.00%

Gun Shots Tutorial (and some blood)

This is not on how the guy reacts on the gun (theres a sticky for that). This is about how the shots go and how the person who is shot will react. Maybe some of you can put an example of something because I'm only doing pictures now.

In this tut i will show you what happens in gun shot and what happens to the people getting shot (and some ways you can find out how to find out yourself).

First is the shotgun. The shotgun is a gun that shots parts of a bullet. The further you are trying to shot, the less powerful and more scattered the shot will be. At a close distance, the victim might fly back about 4 to 10 feet (depending on the weight) flip over, or suddenly,violently jerk one time and die. The shot is unseen until it hits the person, some smoke or blood may come out of random areas (or if closer shot, and small wide area). ex. http://www.pivothost.org/upload/v2/Stic ... nceazj.gif

The next is a sniper. Snipers a high range powerful weapons. The shot is shown travelling through on slower snipers but is unseen on faster ones. The gun is suddenly jerked up high once the trigger is pulled an the bullet is shot. They are thin projectiles so the stk.s are best put thin. It may go through a person ONLY if the person is close and the bullet is extremly fast (this is a very rare case). Blood is rarely seen. ex. http://www.pivothost.org/upload/v2/Stic ... ce7l3e.gif

Pistols are accurate, but weak (unless the chance of a magnum or desert eagel). The shot is shown flying but looks short. There's not much flying blood but there is bleeding. The gun jerks up a bit too. ex. http://www.pivothost.org/upload/v2/Stic ... ce73va.gif

Machine guns are weaker fast firing guns. A few shots are shown flying, but they all will not be as accurate as you think. The gun rapidly jerks about as long as you keep holding the trigger. Small bits of blood may fly of the victim. ex. http://www.pivothost.org/upload/v2/Stic ... ut64on.gif

Hope you like it. Tell me with any edits.

Dedicated Member
    Errr.... you cant really tell much with pictures. It would look much better if you'd follow buzz's gun tut where you should make an arm and delete it off the stk, then use the seperate arm and attach it to the guy and make it look like he was holding the gun realisticly. Not bad though, you explained it well.

Fanatic Enthusiast

No offense intended to you but, maybe follow my tutorial ? The arms or the position was way off : / This tutorial is like the old animating style of gun handling, so sorry, we're in 2007 not 2005 : ( in 2007 we make the shooting better, with arms and stuff. The silencer thing you made was off too, sorry but, I don't think you have been doing war animations that much.
    Click here
    Go and check him out.

It was OK. But you could do with a bit of pratice. Keep trying and you might be on your way to success...or something like that :])

Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    and the whole gun doesnt go in front of him, ppl dont glue guns to themselves..

Enthusiast
    Well,it kinda helped me cause.....well it just does. :]) Probably cause it tells you about how sticks should react when they get shot and how the gun acts when it's fired

Quote Originally Posted by BN
    sangwitches

This is not about how the guy holds the gun (sobody else took my idea). This is just a simple explanation about how the guy gets shot and how the shots go. And this is not old stuff. I can say swirly blood is old too. It's just a different style to mimic real life.

Enthusiast
    this is really pointless anyone can hold a gun a noob could work it out in 5 mins
    and 1 thought you need 50 posts to add a tutorial
    harrow 0_o

I can't find anything on the stickys about 50 posts. I REPEAT THIS IS NOT TO HOLD A GUN. Sombody has already taken their time to do that. This is the shots, and the reactions of a person getting shot.
    Thank You! :])