Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Methods of stick making By: Tsuchinoko.

This ones for the ppl that need help with colored stks.
    Im pretty sure this method hasnt been in a tut before.
    I developed this method over time, and lately ive seen people having trouble with stks, and coloring them.

Today, i will show you how to make this:

Whats convienent about this, is that the origin (The orange dot you use to move stks)on all the stks will be in the same spot, so all you have to do to line up the fills correctly is line up the origins and the red dot for the fills and the outline.

Okay, lets begin. First, make the outline for you stk. You dont have to make a helmet, just make whatever you want, just make sure to make only the outline.

This is what i got, as you can see, i didnt put an outline over where the blue part of the helmet was. Thats because thats where a man would see through, so i wanted to give a sense of transparency.

Okay next step is to make the fills. First, add the outline to your animation. Now click edit, and fill in one area of the outline. For this, i want the part that goes around his neck to be grey. So i filled ONLY the neck, and added it to the animation

Now you have 2 stk's , The outline and a fill.
    But now i want to make the larger portion of the helmet green, so what you do, is click on the OUTLINE stk (not the fill) and fill ONLY the large portion,and add it to the animation:

Now we have three stks, two fills and an outline. Now we want a blue screen to finish it off, so once again, click the OUTLINE, and then click edit. draw on the blue screen part as seen below:

Add it to the anim, and you will have all yor stks. Color the fills to what you want them to be, and line all the origins of the fills up. Now click the outline, then click FRONT, and line it up. There you go! Whats cool about this method is that the fills dont have to be layered in a specific order, just the outline has to be on front.
    In some cases, parts of the fills will stick out of the stk. its only happened to me when making all the stks smaller. To avoid this, you can make the corresponding (the part that sticks out) size 0 on the fill stk.

If this was AT ALL confusing please tell me.

Enthusiast
    Bill Clinton’s Closet? Avatar: NOT A PENIS!
    I am pretty sure everyone uses this method, even I use that method and I rarely animate. Still it is explained nicely.

This is my new edit color, do not take it #A89737
    Feel Free to PM if you need help or if you want to talk to the sexiest member on DD *wink*
    ^^^Clickable link to PM me^^^

Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    yeah i know experienced ppl do, but when i saw someone say that they neede a tranparency progran to color one of their stks, i decided to make it.

Pretty nice, on more thing to add though, is decrease the size of all the non important fill lines, i.e. all the lines that are not seen when set up correctly, to zero, this way there will be less of a chace of the fill overlapping the outline.

Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    true, i have had those lines peek out when making stks smaller, but it only happens when i make my stks too big.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuchinoko
    yeah i know experienced ppl do, but when i saw someone say that they neede a tranparency progran to color one of their stks, i decided to make it.
    It was me(I bet),nice tut.You should probably make more examples soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BN
    sangwitches

Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick Slaughter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuchinoko
    It was me(I bet),nice tut.You should probably make more examples soon.
    lol yeah it was you, i didnt say anything cause i thought you'd come her....
    Im going to add to the tut, next up are spaced guidelines.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Yeah nicely explained it'll help some beginners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

Re: Methods of stick making By: Tsuchinoko.

Woops, deleted from photobucket.

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

Re: Methods of stick making By: Tsuchinoko.

Quote Originally Posted by AfterShock
    Woops, deleted from photobucket.
    Don't post in threads that went a week without a new post. Locked.