Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fanatic Enthusiast Flaming Wolf's Avatar

Fast paced ledge to ledge jumps.

I recently discovered my own type of jumping and I think it works pretty well, so I decided to make a tutorial as to how to do it. It begins on one ledge for the first jump, lands on another, shorter ledge, for a quick jump to off screen. Now like I said it's fast paced, so be prepared :P

First Frame. Start the figure out in a stance like this one, on the ledge of a box.

Second Frame. This is where the fast paced shows up, the figure start to extend his leg (our right) as his body goes inward by just a slight bit.

Third Frame. He lifts off, the leading leg starts to open a bit and the jumping leg finishes it's extending, and because of the lift off, his arms start going down a little bit.

Fourth Frame. The figure continues in the air, the leading leg straightens a bit more, and the opposite leg starts to bend in, as do the arms, but the leading arm bends outward.

Fifth Frame. Both arms and legs move in some, not a lot, but some, as the body starts to straighten out. The acceleration of the body starts to slow.

Sixth Frame. Both legs come inwards as the knees bend more. The body continues to straighten, and begins to fall

Seventh Frame. The arms sraighten out, and the following leg bends in a slight bit more than the leader. The body continues a slight fall, still moving away from the origanal ledge.

Eigth Frame. The arms raise from the falling, the body starts a slightly faster downfall. The following legs bends at the knee just a touch more.

Nineth Frame. The arms continue to raise and each knee bends in a bit more, so they're touching. The body bends, but the torso goes straight.

Tenth Frame. The legs open, but the bend stays the same. The arms continue raising, and the bosy starts falling faster.

Eleventh Frame. The leading leg begins to open again, and the following leg opens a slight bit at the knee, and the "femur" of it goes up about two pixels. The arms go up above the head, not copmletely straight though.

Twelveth Frame. The body simply continues to drop at an angle.

Thirteenth Frame. The body starts to bend outwards and the lead legs extends to an all most full 180 degree angle. The arms start going to our right. The figure is on the next box/ledge.

Fourteenth Frame. The leading leg starts to close again and the arms continue the trek to our right side. The following leg extends again. The body continues bending outward.

Fifteenth Frame. The figure lifts up into the air again, and keeps going left. The arms keep going to the right and the leading leg bends inwards by about 4, or 5 pixels.

Sixteenth Frame. The arms are now all most all of the way right a bit more than half of the leading leg is off screen and the figure is raised. The following leg is bending slightly.

Seventeenth Frame. The bottom arm doesn't move, but the top one is now touching it. The following leg has bent in slightly and gone upwards about 7 pixels. About two thirds of the figure is no off screen.

Eighteenth Frame. There is but a foot left on screen, it is raised slightly from the previous frame.

Then you go from there however you want to. The final project should look something like the following

I'd love to read some feed back. It's my first tutorial ever :P
    [center:3m01loo1]CHECK IT OUT, I'M BACK
    ^THREAD^[/center:3m01loo1]

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

I don't really like the jumping style, but it's very step by step and a good tutorial overall.

Fanatic Enthusiast

It was a good tutorial with lots of pictures, and it was decorative. Although this was far from fast paced, it was still a pretty good tutorial.
    These movements don't follow the laws of gravity, but it still looked pretty good.
    Nice work on explaining it all.
    7/10.
    -FD

The tut is very good well explained but I think that, that jump will only help someone if he's in the same situation like your stick was - on an edge. Otherwise 7/10
    Courtesy?

Fanatic Enthusiast Flaming Wolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dejavu
    The tut is very good well explained but I think that, that jump will only help someone if he's in the same situation like your stick was - on an edge. Otherwise 7/10
    Well, that is why I said ledge to ledge jumps, but you could change the pose a just and move the stick inward for a regular. Thanks for the ratings guys, I appretiate it.
    [center:3m01loo1]CHECK IT OUT, I'M BACK
    ^THREAD^[/center:3m01loo1]

thats prety cool. Good job!

Under your bed with a picture of your old teddybear torn appart
    nice tutorial though I still not master jumping this did help me a bit. But ill stick with standard jumping way. Though yours looks really nice.
    Im going NuCkIn FuTs!

is a different jump

nice work.........

Fanatic Enthusiast

Differnt from others, but pretty cool

very nice... i would recomend it to a few ppl (cool style)
    cortasy?
    my animations
    my eztoon thread
    Quote Originally Posted by flameing wolf
    It's not worse than when I tried to burn the woods behind my house >_>

^^thnx to SM^^
    FW rules with a iron fist anddefault pwns your base

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast