Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Was this tutorial helpful?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 14.29%
  • No

1 7.14%
  • Could've been better

7 50.00%
  • Please don't post tutorials...

4 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Punching (56k Warning)

Alright, this is my first tutorial, so I hope this helps...

Alright, compare the punches for these two animations:

What's the difference, you ask? Well, the bottom one has the guy punch with the old style (making his arm vanish one frame, appear the next, hit the guy the frame after that). The one on top has my new style, which looks more realistic. Here's how to do it:

Frame 1:Normal stance. For now, I'm just going to have both his arms in a V formation, but the left should be tighter than the right. His legs should be spread, as though he was actually going to fight someone, like so:

Frame 2: Make the leg on the left lift slightly, like he's about to take a step. Move the left arm's elbow up a little bit, and move the hand so it's closer to the head, but not that much. The right arm should move upward a little. Move the origin to the right a little, to make it seem like he's taking a step. This should be your next frame:

Frame 3: Bring the left elbow up more, and place the hand just above the neck joint. Move the origin to the right and a little up. Bring the left leg to the right a little so he looks like he's still taking that step. This is what your next frame should look like:

Frame 4: Raise the left elbow more, so it's pretty close to perfectly horizontal. Bring the right arm a little closer to the body, but not much. Move the origin to the right, and bend the right leg so the right foot remains in the same place it was. Bring the left knee closer to the right knee, still keeping that step going. This is what you should have, or close to it:

Frame 5: Here's where it becomes a little unorthodox. Click your guy and click edit. Click on any part of either arm (assuming his biceps and forearms are the same length) and click duplicate. Move the new line to the origin and delete everything else. Go to file, then add to animation. Name it 'arm' or something close to that. Move the entire left arm so it overlaps with the right arm, making it look invisible. Spin the arm stick so it's perfectly horizontal, then put it at the neck joint just below the head. Move the left and right arms (still overlapped) so the elbows are behind him, but the hand, as well as most of the forearm are in front of him. Make the left knee move in front of the right, while keeping the shin behind the right leg. This is what it should look like:

Frame 6: This one's a little easier. Move the left leg so most of it is in front of the right leg. (Only the left foot should be behind the right leg.) Move the origin so it still looks like he's still taking the step, and move the arm figure straight to the right. The result should be this:

Frame 7: This frame, you should move the left leg so it becomes the right leg. Move the arm figure to the right, but not as much. Bring the guy's arms back, so the hands are all that are in front of him. Move the origin so he is still taking that step. This should be what the seventh frame looks like:

Frame 8: Okay, delete the arm figure, and move one of the arms out from being hidden by the other one, and make it perfectly horizontal for both the bicep and forearm. Make his right leg land. At this point, this is what you should have:

*Note: Don't worry if it looks like a chop coming from the side. Just keep following the tutorial and it will turn out fine.
    Frame 9: Pull down the right arm's elbow, and drop the hand a little lower than frame 8's level. Bend both knees, and bring the origin down a little so the feet still stay at the same level that they were. Drop the left elbow a little, but drop the left hand even more. This is what you should have:

Frame 10: Drop the right elbow, but still keep the hand close to the level that it was at. Straighten the right knee, then place the foot back where it was. Drop the left elbow, but still not as much as the left hand. This is what it should look like:

Frame 11: This is the final frame, at least for this animation. Drop the left hand so that it looks like it's resting at the left thigh. Drop the left elbow a little more, but this time, move the left hand so it's lower than the elbow. Bend the right knee a little, but keep the foot still in the same place. This is what the final fram should look like:
    None.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Doesn't look finished.....His arm stopped in mid-air....Blah blah blah. Im done complainning.

[x play quote]Overall....A 3 out of 5[/x play quote[/]

Enthusiast
    That's a really neat way to do a punch could help alot of people, including me.
    And chipmunk, it would go like this: New Punch tutorial gets 3 stickman punches out of 5

Veteran Enthusiast

106 is fumpin', pumpin' up in this hoe, for sho, my bro
    Yeah, i sometimes do that, but you had too many frames while he was punching, it looks slow and unpowerful. Try to speed it up.
    [center:3mdlh4lx]Fuck you. Cunt.[/center:3mdlh4lx]

PLEASE READ THE RULES
    no beginners are to post tutorials that include fighting , so no basic attacks , although it was a nice tut , its shouldnt be here.

Quote Originally Posted by wereZ
    PLEASE READ THE RULES
    no beginners are to post tutorials that include fighting , so no basic attacks , although it was a nice tut , its shouldnt be here.
    Oh, sorry. I didn't see that in the rules.
    None.

there are better punches

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Graham136
    Quote Originally Posted by wereZ
    PLEASE READ THE RULES
    Oh, sorry. I didn't see that in the rules.
    Uber fail
    Lol
    Trys not to spam.

Foonky.

I'd like to see a kick tut from you >__>

The place in your head that tell you to pull the trigger ignore the red light and put your foot down

hey

thanks ths is a really helpful tutorial great step by step pics 2

^credz to iamcheater2k5 (thanks very much)^

Fanatic Enthusiast

Dude, please don't bump. Read the dates of people when they posted.[/mini mod]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast