Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Crazy Sweep Kick finally(56k)

I have been wanting a sweep kick tutorial for so long that i eventually tried it, and I thought my outcome was fairly nice. =D A note to realize on this, the receiver of the kick should be paid no attention, other than the foot that is being kicked, you should have complete creativity on that, so i wont explain on that other than a few things.

What we will be making.
    http://www.filecram.com/files/Sweep_tut.gif
    Slowmo
    http://www.filecram.com/files/967Sweep_tut_slow.gif

Start off in your awesome weird position, legs separated, thats important for the sweep action.

The easing starts, start to move the action leg towards the other leg. swing the arms, bend the chest ever so slightly.

Move the body away from the non-leading leg letting the body fall to the floor. Swing the arms more, straighten the toes and the action leg. continue bending the non-leading leg.

Way heavy spacing on the action leg start to bend the shin and the toes, arms are swinging violently trying to react to the falling body, the back is still bending ever so slightly. head is still.

bend the leg and toes more, the back starts to bend wider, the head starts to lean back. non-leading leg is stopped bending at the knee and is slowing down at the bending of the thigh.

Back is bending a whole lot more, leading leg is swinging fast, and the non leading leg still slows down bending at the thigh. head still bending back.

Start to bend at the thigh more, leading leg toes and thigh are bending again, ams still swinging, back still bending, head still leaning. start to slow the easing down on everything

Everything slows down, arms are almost at there final positions, head starts to come down into the right arm, toes on the leading leg are completely opposite as they were in the beginning.

CONTACT! everything keeps slowing down, the toes on the non-leading foot are almost completely horizontal,bend starts its final easing, The bad guys legs is getting picked up by the other leg.

Pretty much just keep going on everything, slow all the easing down, its all finishing.

keep slowing down.

keep going.

ditto....

easing is high in calcium you know...

FINISHED.

Yes, that was it. Did you like? i know the example seemed short but i think it looked good.
    [center:2n8115hn][/center:2n8115hn]

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Very very nice.. The example is smooth and it's well explained...

Like i said on msn, it's awesome. I will benifit from this alot because im rubbish with kicks.

Very smooth, good movements and it's hardly stiff. (Apart from the dude on the left)

sweet kick but how would the kicker recover from that awkward position to get into a combo, like from that sweep to a jumping spin kick
    my thread its full of hentai!!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbert
    When Gears of War 2 comes out I知 going to go overboard. I値l keep a chainsaw on me at all times and I値l go around meleeing people with grenades.
    I知 going to carry 4 weapons on me at all times, and I値l have the shittiest most pointless story every devised.
    mapleglobal forums....wow
    Quote Originally Posted by jamprincess
    i was just wondering, wats a cok taste like?

Enthusiast
    From just looking at the pictures i was like wow what a nooby kick but when i saw the exmaple I was liek P00NAGE lol thats a awesome kick! very cool technique
    Cool pivot forum its becoming big
    http://z11.invisionfree.com/pivotjoint/ ... hp?act=idx

Thread= http://www.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=18262

Thanks Kyle.

Beginners thread Mar 11th 2007-July 5th-2007
    Inters thread July 5th 2007-

Fanatic Enthusiast

P00NAGE?? I'm not very familiar with that term.... =\ I think you meant PWNAGE. >_>
    Anyways, it was a sweet tutorial, very smooth and un-stiff. I'll make sure to use it in my next animation.

Ex-Intermediate Animator
    Ex-Photoshop Artist
    Ex-Virgin (LOL JKS)

Dedicated Member
    Alone in My Empty Abyss with Blood on my shirt
    nice but i think it shouldve been a little faster just a slight change in speed although good for slo mo good job this will help alot
    TTT ( teh tournament tiem on OMGstickmationz): 401 frames

Courtesy: http://www.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

The Closer I Get To Death The More I Enjoy My Life

It's a very good tut. I know it was based on the kick, but the fall sends bad messages to nubs on how to fall. The kick however rocked. Good job Jer.
    [center:1dyohg2y]I miss everyone. [/center:1dyohg2y]

Devoted Veteran

Amazing. Very well explained and the finished product was very cool. Congratulations.

NICE! thx

credit to imacheater2k7 for userbar

Courtesy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast