Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Helpful in anyway ?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah

1 25.00%
  • Nope

3 75.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Basic Ollie For Begginers

Skating Tutorial

Ollie

The most basic of tricks is the ollie.
    Example

Not amazing but its an example. Credz to FD for the stick i dont have a lanky stick lol.

Frame 1
    Start you man guy on the skateboard in a skate stance.

Frame 2-6
    Ease your stick bending the knees to the postition where he will start to "pop" an ollie.

Frame 7-8
    Straighten the leg and point the board up ( in frame 8 exagerate the leg and board and lift from the ground.

Frame 9-11
    Straighten up board however keep falling ( gravity ).

Frame 12 -15
    Bend legs with easing due to imapact ( compress ).

Frame 15 -
    Straigten up ( reverse of 2-6)
    and continue the skate run.

If not sure what im on about which is understandable i have supplied a Piv.

http://www.filecram.com/viewfile/668726.htm

Veteran Enthusiast

106 is fumpin', pumpin' up in this hoe, for sho, my bro
    Well, the example isn't really good. Stick Slaughter did about the same thing. Yours is a bit better.
    The stance for one is horrible, and the physics were totally off.
    Again I have to say, be better than most people at something, before you make a tutorial on it!

You should also supply screenshot's, or really it is pretty pointless. The 1-5 frame thing doesn't help most people.
    [center:3mdlh4lx]Fuck you. Cunt.[/center:3mdlh4lx]

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz
    Well, the example isn't really good. Stick Slaughter did about the same thing. Yours is a bit better.
    Gee, thanks fraz =D

Yeah, not hard to be better than me

pheonix will probably come and say its terrible. he likes to do that.

but you know what, i think its good, screw animating levels, its too fucking strict here
    Animations

Add me If you want, but PM me first.

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by S. Slaughter
    Gee, thanks fraz =D

but you know what, i think its good, screw animating levels, its too fucking strict here
    First... it's just strict because, if you make a tutorial on something, you are teaching people how to do that certain action. If you give them a bad example, they will have a bad outcome.

Phoenix isn't mean, but if you don't provide enough, anyone can say the tutorial isn't good. Personally, I been having people make me my examples because I have lost inspiration to do my own, so no one can yell at me...

Nice tutorial though. Skateboard animations seem to be your strong point, but try a little harder on making the examples perfect, so people will have more to learn with. Also, try more frame by frame instruction with screenshots using onion skins?

Thanks for the comments guys i know its nothing perfect but yeah hope it gives some pointers to begginers and maybe higher.
    phoenix ( spelling ) is actaually really nice and helped me out with an animation im making

Veteran Enthusiast

106 is fumpin', pumpin' up in this hoe, for sho, my bro
    Gee, thanks fraz =D

Stop bithcing about pheonix, he discussed it well, and did not flame you. He just pointed out what you did wrong so you could improve.
    And,
    screw animating levels
    is soooo stupid to say. You are saying that it wouldn't matter if a low beginner and an elite made a tutorial of a same thing(same description, etc), but one with an elite example, and one with a low beginner example, you wouldn't prefer one over another. Bull shit.

its too fucking strict here
    Well, it is strict. And good. It is better because there is less spam, you can understand people better, and it is a better enviroment. We locked your thread because you deleted the content, not because we thought it was shit.
    Anyway, if you don't like it that much, just leave. I'm sure a lot of people would agree.

PS. The name change of the thread kind of annoyed me. You obviously think your tutorial isn't that good. : / . Again, If you aren't better than most people at animating something, then don't make a tutorial about it!
    [center:3mdlh4lx]Fuck you. Cunt.[/center:3mdlh4lx]

Thanks y'all, I wasn't trying to be mean S. Slaughter.

There is actually a rule that says that says that only Inters and up should make tutorials in whats already done before. Well S. Slaughter made the skating tutorial, and since he got bad feedback he just deleted it and stuff. Then you come with another skating tutorial, and it wasn't a huge improvement from what was made by S. Slaughter.

Too animate skating you need to understand the laws of physics, and how skating tricks look like. I'm not saying you suck at animating skateboarding, because you don't really know how it should be animated.

I'm already in the making of a skating tutorial, I'm doing it more well explained, plus I skate too, so I know how it should be done. In the meantime watch Fraz's ollie tutorial, it's brilliant.
    Thread
    YouTube
    Steam
    SoundCloud

You can also add me on Skype if you want to chat (don't abuse it), I'm "chrozon"

Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    Gee, thanks fraz =D

Dont complain so much, if you hate it here so much then leave.

The ollie itself can be done in better ways, that way of ollie-ing isnt pretty to look at.

i guess i was just trying to help out, oh well lol i really dont care if it phails or not its only a tutorial after all it up too you guys if you follow it or not i dint realise s.slaughter had made one cause it had nothing in it.
    Oh and fraz my tut was focused mainly on begginers and yeah your ollie owns compared to mine. But yeah thats all i have to say, use it if you like is going me my closing line lol.

Dedicated Member
    a tip for u all:i am a real skater so this is how its done
    do what bert says but when you pop you should "drag" your front foot up the board
    and in mid air the board will level out
    just some more explenation
    click the image for courtesy

old thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast