Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

.:=> Reaction tutorial <=:.

Welcome to wereZ's Reaction tutorial

During this tutorial i will teach your the basic of reactions to a variety of punches and kicks , ranging form light to heavy.
    i will be teaching MY style of reactions , which you may modify to your style.
    I will post the pivs , but dont claim them or the stick figures as your
    own. I will also only explain the reaction frames , not the attacks.

First we will begin with a light punch to the face.

=CLICK TO DOWNLOAD=
    (excuse the crappy movements on the punching guy)

,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,

This is the contact frame.
    What i tend to do is, have the attacker , go past the victims head , then moves the victims head ot where his final body part lays, But move the body backwards as if hes bending around the letter C .This will usually be the largest movements in the whole reaction, and dont worry on it looking unusual , it looks okay animated.His forearms should also curl up , but the elbows and the top arm should only move slightly.No his whole body doesnt fall over from one punch , so he leans back onto his back foot , but still firmly planetd to the floor.
    ,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,

This is where we start to ease it out , the arms bend up because the end of the arms have less momentum than the elbows. his head slows down slightly before his body.And his legs still bend onto his back foot , as if the back foot becomes the support foot.
    ,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,

Now the rest is mainly easing out, But the most important thing is that the body returns to its position with its head dragging , so its head should NEVER lean forwards , and it should be the last thing eased into position.
    ,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,

His arms are beggining to return to their original position and the body uncurls , with the head still trailing , he also starts to lean onto his front foot again.
    ,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,

This is just a case of bringing it back to its original position , the head STILL trailing.
    ,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,,,`,

Hard Hit

Need ot start the rest , but this is just a post placer/Taster.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Very nice start, very well explained and nice pictures. This should help a lot of people, when I read it though throughly it might even help me.
    Can't wait for you to add more. : )
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

Fanatic Enthusiast

HOLY SHIT THANK YOU. Very smooth and everything, can't wait to see more.

Ex-Intermediate Animator
    Ex-Photoshop Artist
    Ex-Virgin (LOL JKS)

nice one wereZ, its well explained and nicely set out, the only problem was that i thought that the guy would have stepped back one step, but i think you were trying to show how the rest of the body would react. Actually, i guess it would depemd on the power of the punch, so i think you got it right for the punch you had.

Enthusiast
    When a punch is thrown, there can also be a step backwards can't there? But very smooth, great start.
    Cool pivot forum its becoming big
    http://z11.invisionfree.com/pivotjoint/ ... hp?act=idx

Thread= http://www.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=18262

Thanks Kyle.

Beginners thread Mar 11th 2007-July 5th-2007
    Inters thread July 5th 2007-

THANKS everyone
    and stooie , its only a light jab to the face , poeple can hold their own against a light punch.

I did say in my post it would depend on the power of the punch. Its still a great tutorial, its good that you used pictures at every stage, and i cant wait to see more from you.

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Nice job wereZ... so much for me making a bunch more reaction tutorials like I had planned >.>

Well explained and you provided the onion skins, but may I ask why the download is a .zip file?

cos filecram changes the name of the piv , and most new poeple might not have known and got confuslez , i did a good .

Enthusiast
    can you do like a reaction of being struck by lightning.
    when i tryed the shock looked terribble
    harrow 0_o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast