Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: this tut ees how you say..

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • horrible and useless, no one needs this crap

7 12.28%
  • ok, but i probably wont use it

20 35.09%
  • might actually help someone

30 52.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

finding your style/ animation ideas

this is gonna be a tut on how to find your style" or theme" and good ways to find out what to make an animation on

now i know i am but a begginer and if this sucks lock it and dispose of it as you wish
    just tryin to help
    • 1. your sig stk<not completley relevant to your style just sometimes helps THIS ISNT COMPLETELY TRUE YOU DONT HAVE TO USE THE SUGGESTED STUFFnow choosing and making your stick isnt very vital to helping your style but it can help create one , now if you are a begginer like me i dont suggest going out and attempting to make a stick with 10 back joints 4 arm joints, hair and armor, i would stick to something simplistic and stylistic, [if you like to have lots of blood and swords in your animations, maybe you could make a armoured stick ]if your ready,if your a beam and effect sort, make a DBZ or mage looking stick, if your a humor type, make a stick with a face/mouth/eyes or some other humorus type (no amour here), the more dramatic type should go for something with hair and maybe eyes on zooms if your the kind with sports or skateboarding, make them in a uniform, pads, or helmet.

2. your style
      your style is dependent on basicly 2 things,
    • 1.what you can and are good at animating [/*:m:3fk6a76p]
    • 2.what you like animating. now if your the kind of begginer who is just setting foot in pivot and can barely walk, i wouldnt suggest anything but tests tests tests, now when you start to become more advanced you can go for your style, if you like to incoorperate sound effects you may be the comedy/shorts type, or more of a xaio xaio, now if you like making effects such as beams and blurring youl probably go down the deafult pwner/ long animaton path, if you like to just see guys punch and kick each other with slight tremors, youll be better at those anger inspired fights (like bar fights)

3 HELP!im in a slump i cant animate or think of good ideas!
      if you either havent been animating and are coming back to it and cant do it or cannot think of animation ideas to save your life, you have to do the following. if you have the first problem DO NOT jump in with long animations or fight scenes, ect. start with tests, then as you did as you came out of noobhood, slowly work up untill you are back at your par level animating, if you have the second problem, [you CAN animate but u just have no output ideas for your skills, you need INSPIRATION!!!!!! [/uflip on the TV and watch your favorite fighting shows/movies and watch thier moves, watch other DDers animatons (elites and vets) , try to think a little more about things in life, start being imaginative and creative (this part kind of rips another but sorry) quick! think! your harry beareded aunt wants a kiss, you the defender of your sanity and your good will, so you pull out the cleaver give your aunt a good shave, but then as the hair floats to the ground the hair gains life and is....HAIR GOBLINSyou slash them but to your dispair they just double so you rush up into your moms room, see a industrial hairdryer, grab your axe and make a hairdryerflamethrower, you kick down the door, spray those freakin hair sacks and bask in your glory, the beautiful aunt behind the beard brings her young daughters....considerabley cute freind to thank you....see just go by whats happening in your life and a plot will, APPEAR....thats it for now, its 12 and im tired, ill edit if this isnt killed by critics, if so, its gone. good night [/*:m:3fk6a76p]

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

I didn't read it all. but it seems to have a fair description of what to do... but anime is crap... You know it was an idea but in black and white animation, just rejected because it sucked so much....

I'd say to check out flash elites... they generally give you ideas. (Watch Castle, Killing Spree, Terkoiz's animations, etc)

Fanatic Enthusiast Fuddermuffin's Avatar

I read about halfway, until that wall of text started making my eyes hurt. It was decent, and it'll definitely help a beginner get started, but organize it better and maybe bold some stuff. Don't forget to capitalize either. >.>
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1221454788.gif[/img] - Click Clack
    Steam ID: Fuddermuffin (Team Fortress 2)

I don't have a sig stick... A sig stick isn't nessesary in finding your style. A style is how you animate and what the outcome looks like. You find your style by just animating i a way that you most enjoy and stick with what you have because you find it fun.

Instead of the different coloured text, which gives us all headaches, make a list.

• 1. Whatever
      2. Whatever
      3. Whatever

Code:
    • 1. Whatever 2. Whatever 3. Whatever
    Might help break up the endless text too, paragraphs ftw. :P
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Baha
    Instead of the different coloured text, which gives us all headaches, make a list.

• 1. Whatever
      2. Whatever
      3. Whatever

Code:
    • 1. Whatever 2. Whatever 3. Whatever
    Might help break up the endless text too, paragraphs ftw. :P
    That will definitely help... try to summarize with the important statements. Even bold the most important ones if you want. And for the list, it looks even more organized with bullets. You can use them with the following code -

Code:
    [*]

Fanatic Enthusiast

Well, it's good to see that you did this, but it isn't that great. A sig stick doesn't define your style; it merely helps you in the movements that you are best at. If you like to use effects doesn't mean you have to make a DBZ stick. So...... That part doesn't really help.
    And style generally isn't WHAT you animate, it's HOW you animate. Such as: Cartonish, Heavy-Spacing, Realistic, etc. But still, + points for you for attempting.

Ex-Intermediate Animator
    Ex-Photoshop Artist
    Ex-Virgin (LOL JKS)

haha thanks. ive just gotten sick of people in help saying "i cant animate" or "i dont have any ideas" so i tried to help. at least it wasnt total failure (crosses fingers)

Old Newbie
    I don't really have a sig stick :/ i just use Thickman mostly (Kudo's to the maker) and thats about it.
    (^_((<0_0>) BUT SECKZ

Fresh Newbie
    UHH i have a question, ive basiclly started back up again and do not have an idea of what tests i sould do, Mabie you could make a small list of tests i should make, that would really help.

Wojak- I see that this is a bump, but he is asking a question about the tutorial, so that's why I haven't locked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast