Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Did this help you

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 42.11%
  • No

6 31.58%
  • In a way

3 15.79%
  • Add more please!

2 10.53%

Adding Sounds to Pivot, Movie Maker and YouTube. 52kb Warned

Everybody keeps asking, "How do I put music and sounds to a pivot?" Look no further. You're questions will be answered here.
    In this tut I will show you.
    -Making a Pivot file to a gif
    -Puttuing on Windows Movie Maker and Using Movie Maker
    -Tips: Using WMM Better
    -Putting it on YouTube
    -I don't have Windows Movie Maker
    -Faq

Making a Pivot file to a gif.

1. First, save you're pivot file to a gif file. A gif file is a moving picture file. Doing this will enable you to put it on Movie Maker. To do this, when you save you're animation click the dropdown box and select gif. The tutorial to saving as a gif is located here: http://www.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=9933

The following below is for Windows Users. Don't go down if you have windows, Instead, go to An Alternative Way Section.

Putting on Windows Movie Make and Using Movie Maker
    1. Movie Maker is very simple to use. Here's a screen shot of it to familerize yourself. Open up Windows Movie Maker (we'll call it WMM for short) and start looking around the screen to familerize yourself again. To begin, find your gif by clicking on the left hand on what's called "Movie Tasks" and click "Import Pictures". Remember were you saved your gif, find it and import it. It will be added to the "Collections" and highlighted
    http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3...espanelrt9.png

2. Drag your gif to the bottom where it says Drag Media to the storyboard/Timeline to begin Making your movie. I would leave it at the timeling setting because you have more control and professionalism added to your movie, click the button near the timeline/storyboard to do it.

3. You can add music, sounds, titles, transitions, and effects to your movie. Click on the any of the buttons on "Edit Movie" in the task bar to add titles, transitions, and effects. AutoMovie makes a random stupid thing, ignore it unless you want something random. To add music/sound do just like you did to import the gif except click "Import Audio or Music". Drag it to the timeline where you put your sounds/music, you can't put two at the same time, you can only "merge" two clips by moving one clip onto another (sliding it on the other clip). To put two clips you have to make to save it as a movie, then Import the movie and add more sounds (you'll learn latter).

4. With more practice and curiosity, you will get better and better with WMM.

5. To save it as a movie, go to the task area where it says "Finish Movie" and click "Save to My Computer". Follow the instructions, and it will save as a WMA so it can be added to YouTube. Just clicking save on the top will save it as WMMP so you can save the project and edit it latter. If you wanted to add a song and all you have are sound effects, save it as a WMA (following Finsih Movie insrtuctions), open up a new prject, import the video you saved and BAM, you can add more sounds to it.

Tips: Using WMM Better
    Alot of people take advantage of WMM and mess up their movie. Here are a few examples of poor WMMing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJKGm5qiXFk - Sorry Leo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvE7u2dHz6A - No HyperCam
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lq3tLCRzvw - Crappy Titling

1. If you're doing titles, don't use the default blue screen and font. To change font, click below the typing box where it says "More Options" and has two highlighted buttons. Click "Change the Text Font and Color". Be Imaginative

2. Title animations also count. Alot of noobs/newbs use the "Moving Titles, Layered" option. This gets the viewer really bored. Try using something that will match the movie. Ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w3R1NEtugA

3, Incase you think I'm perfect heres my first and crappiest, most boring, stupid movie I've ever made. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S63KUz61xKI

4. Transitions are you're friend, don't be afraid to use them. The best and most simple of all is the Fade. Simple yet dynamic and pro. If all else fails, use Fade. Don't start using so many different transitions or else they don't work. Make sure transitions fit what you're doing,
    Ex. Action Sequences don't need fades unless a completly different scene follows
    Ex. The Shatter transition can be used for lets say explosions. You can figure out how to use it properly. That's what editing's all about.

5. Never use HyperCam unless you're filming a computer sequence. The Unregistered HyperCam thing at the top makes anyone look stupid.

6. Go with the music if you're using it. Sounds simple huh. Some people don't know like here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvE7u2dHz6A

7. If you're doing narration please don't do this s*** . If you have a crappy voice use Voice Changer 6.0 Diamond. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XHrI9OJFCM

Putting it on YouTube
    1. Have a YouTube account ready and upload a video, find your video and it will upload when you follow the instructions. In a few minutes after downloading, your movie will be on YouTube!

I don't have WMM
    For some reason if you lost WMM (happens sometime) there is always another way to edit your gifs.
    YouTube also has an editing program called YouTube Remixer. You must have it video file to edit it tough and the video uploaded to YouTube. You can add extra music if you want too. Make the video you're going to edit a private one not public so everybody doesn't see you used the Remixer (which is still a beta but usable)

The result of professional movie making adds up to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5YiED9J9uw My best work
    This will be updated with more pictures and ideas. Stay put, hope you like it!
    Link back to this tut!
    Code:
    Ask Questions about WMM and I'll answer them and put them in an FAQ for you.

FaQ

Q. I'm trying to make an Xaio Xaio movie with punches and music at the same time. When I put in the music, it goes after a punch?doesn't mix in. How do people do that.

A. I've already had that questioned answered but I'll tell you in better terms. First just have the movie with the regular sounds effects no music. Save it to your computer as a video Ex: Xaio Xaio Pivot Remake Base 1. Base 1 is the name for a movie that is uploadable to YouTube or watchible but still needs work. Open up WMM and click "Import Video". Find Base 1, and add it to the timeline. Then drag your music and you're done, save the movie again to your computer. The reason why you have to do this is because the audio box on the top is for other videos and is intended for editting Home Videos, not just gifs. You can do as many Base videos as you want to add extra stuff, but keep in mind your computer will slow down and the movies take up space. Delete the Bases as soon as your done.

Q. I want to add voices to my pivot but I can't get anything good on FindSounds.Com. Can you tell me a site or recommend me a good mic?

A. Good question. There is a site called MovieWavs.com. You can get voices that are from movies and tv shows (if you wanted Homer Simpson saying "Doh!" you can get it there). If you want a specific sentence or phrase and you don't care who the voice is, type in your phrase/word in the serch box and you'll find it. A good microphone can be bought at BestBuy or CircutCity .Never go to those little electronic stores that overprice things, many of the things are used or rejected from stores (sometimes japanese). The microphone I have is a Logitech USB Desktop Microphone for only $31.99 USD. Works great and can be used for instant messaging also.

If you tied buttered toast to the back of a cat and dropped it from a height, what would happen?
    Nice tut.
    or on the other hand you could do it on flash wich doesn't rape the sound
    yeah but good tut none or less

Edit: I thought macs couldn't have pivot

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

It's decent.... Really, most people should know all this, but w/e...

And ya... Mac users can't use pivot bud...

Thanks for the tutorial, I can link this back to these people who keep asking me these questions on my channel on youtube. Oh yeah, I also get questions like, "how do you add sound effects and background music at the same time?" Mind if you cover that too? If so, this tutorial would be 120% pwnage (currently 100%).

-Sticcthug

Quote Originally Posted by moony
    if u have a hart up on ur menu bar it means u have vip 2!!

Thanks for all the feedback. Lol I thought mac could use pivot, I'll fix that up then and start adding some more pictures.

Actually, macs can use pivot if you buy parallels. My friend has pivot, and he has a mac. You just have to use the parallels to switch from a mac to a pc. Anyways, nice tutorial, this should help some people that don't know how to already.

First of all, I would just like to say that this tut does not get updated enough, and isn't that big of a use to have people adding it to signatures... Besides, the code is really stretching the layout.

Nice idea, but most people know that already >_> It's so simple to just think "Oh wait, if I add my gifs to movie maker I can save it as a movie file! =D"

Well whatever, we don't have any tutorials for it here on DD, so good job.

But we do have a link to a tutorial like this in my animation thread though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq7k_ZBkmus
    Thread
    YouTube
    Steam
    SoundCloud

You can also add me on Skype if you want to chat (don't abuse it), I'm "chrozon"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    First of all, I would just like to say that this tut does not get updated enough, and isn't that big of a use to have people adding it to signatures... Besides, the code is really stretching the layout.
    The layout doesn't really change that much unless I put this very long pic. That screws up things. I added some tips for WMM so it isn't completly useless. Yeah could use some pics so I could start trying to do that.

Enthusiast
    hey i already made this, and mine didnt fuck up the layout. lol

hold on im getting the link

http://www.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=18774

and do u mind if i use that userbar with MY link lol?

R.I.P. Mom n Dad

I break obstacles...
    I break stereotypes...
    I break prejudice...
    I break assumptions...
    I break all opponents...
    ...who stand before me.
    I'm a bboy, and i break to any beat.

Both of your tutorials stretch the layout, just check the image at the top saying "DarkDemon.org Where the freaks are let out Animation, Artwork & More.", if the right side is stretched, then you should shorten or remove whats stretching it! >_>

If something stretches the layout which I entered I immediately remove it and try to shorten it.

Edit:

Userbars for simple tutorials like this isn't of any use, most people know how to do it, so very few people will actually click the userbar, so in my opinion, it isn't worth messing up the layout for it >_>

Sorry if I seem harsh and mean, I'm just saying my opinions here >____>__<___<
    Thread
    YouTube
    Steam
    SoundCloud

You can also add me on Skype if you want to chat (don't abuse it), I'm "chrozon"