Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IWasConfused's Advice

Alright then.. Have you ever made a stick figure with a perfect circle as a head that has not been filled in..
    Then you begin making your animation finding that your stick's arms overlap or go behind your figure's head.. it ruins the animation, right?
    Well, I'm going to tell you how to avoid that if you don't know.

If you want one arm to stay behind the head, and one arm to overlap the head, giving the perspective that the stick is face to a side.. simple have your stick figure's body and legs already made, and first add an arm, then add the head, then add the other arm.
    Now, The first arm you added to your figure should go behind the head.. after making the head, of course. then the arm added last will stay in front of the head.
    So it goes like this from a basic figure's Body and Legs.
    Side View: Arm - Head - Arm

However, if you wish on having the arms of the stick man in front of the head, it should go like this, again, from the stick's torso and legs.
    Side View: Head - Arm - Arm

And if you want the head to be in front of the arms.. once more from the basic torso and legs.
    Rear View: Arm - Arm - Head

This should help your animations stop looking noobish when the arms get in the way, and conserve time without editing your stick, taking away limbs and fussing over something that can be achieved permanently.
    If you didn't understand, I'll add pictures.

P.S. This Isn't A Tutorial, This Is Advice, So Don't Bump Your Posts On Telling Me "Omfg Newb Tut Lol" Or I'll Pwnz0r You.

Good idea for a tut, its slightly basic, but it might help some new stick makers.

it helped me out on some parts good job!

Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    Wow i had no idea you could to that. very nice.

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

This technique just takes some time tampering with pivot to learn. It definitely does make sense, that one arm should be on one side of the head, and the other arm on the other side. I'd just think that most people knew about layers (the custom stick shops made by Picto allow you to choose).

Dedicated Member

this bugged me alot, it always messed my animation up, hehehe, thanks for this, i didnt know you could do this

Glad to help, guys.

hrmm

well i wish it had pictures or else to me... it is like sticking a cokie up a donkeys butt.. you know no use what-so-ever lol it did help but still.... then again not to much need for pictures in this tutorial.. but i already knoqw that lol

Re: hrmm

Quote Originally Posted by dbs55
    well i wish it had pictures or else to me... it is like sticking a cokie up a donkeys butt.. you know no use what-so-ever lol it did help but still.... then again not to much need for pictures in this tutorial.. but i already knoqw that lol
    Why? I think the words IWC said were helpful enough.

Anyway... arm first- then head - then other arm. Easy enough, good advice :P

thanks alot it helped me
    zaki is coming too kill!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or just get sprite lol!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast