Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Emphasis tutorial - J-Rob

For those who don't know emphasis is when you put special attention to something (most often to words) well anyways moving on..

Before i start i'm going to say this is a Beginners tutorial so no one say "0mG 1 r3Dy n3W dAt j00 n00b" clear?

Basically we're going to make things look more interesting.

I'll start with some good and bad attempts.

Punch

Bad

As Itachi would say it lacks hatred. It has no power in it and the stick put no effort towards it and it looks like he might as well have just had his arm out and walked into his opponent in fact i believe that would do more damage.

Good

Well as in here it looks like the Stick has put all of his effort into that one punch and has had a run up to deliver a punch which all out looks more interesting.

Kick

Bad

You have no idea how many of these I've seen it looks like..well i don't know wtf it looks like...definitely not a kick...

Good

Better isn't it? he put more force into it most definitely and looks to have more control.

Reaction

Bad

...I think everyone hates these...I hate the noobs who won't stop doing it. like wtf one stick lifts up his arm and so the other goes flying O.o

Good

Much better. These are good for at the end of combo's (1 hit kills suck ass) you can tell there was much force causing the other stick to be knocked back so severely and even an option for the attacker to get another hit in if he uses speed emphasis (shown later) or a teleportation.

Pulls

Bad

Pulls may be hard to emphasize but theres no excuse for this.

Good

This may not be the best but it at least shows the sticks effort to move the object. to make this work just slowly make his back go straighter and his arms go higher and mess with it ^-^.

Lifting

Bad

Is he superman or something or is that a hollow box O.o no strain what so ever

Good

he's obviously struggling and is showing the box is heavy and doesn't look like he could easily walk with it ....even though we're gonna force him to later

Now we shall move on to Part 2 Extra emphasis

There is many ways to use extra emphasis to make things look fast,hard,strong,heavy we shall explore a few of them here.

First of We shall use a little something from a reaction test.

Reaction to Ball

Bad

There was no emphasis on the reaction and the ball didn't look at all powerful lets fix that.

Good

Well This started with a different stance as you probably noticed but that doesn't matter.
    I used what i showed before in the reaction tutorial to make it more interesting and used the Negative Effect to make the ball have a seemingly powerful strike towards the stick figure.

How to do it:
    make all of the figures white and adding another stick and make it size 5000 or more if needed and send it to the back to make the background color different colors are also usable etc. red to show immense pain.

Ball bounce

Bad

This looks like a normal bouncy ball...interesting...i think not..

Good

Now it looks more heavy doesn't it, because i used the Shake effect the less the impact the less the effect shows

How to do it:
    On the frame wanted move the figures on that frame and the ground up on the next frame put them a bit below were they originally where and again

Speed emphasis 1

A sudden jolt of speed when the screen goes black (reminds me of that episode of doctor who with the stone angels ^-^)

How to do it:
    Just suddenly make the screen go black for 1 frame often used for sword animations one second there in front of each other next second ones sliced in half =D

Speed emphasis 2

Super speed =D we all love it.

How to do it:
    make one frame of the guy starting a movement (etc. run,walk,punch) then on the next frame make that stick's color nearly white and put all of the frames of that run along getting darker until its black then next frame delete the 3 closest to white next frame delete 2 more then all of them apart from the black one.

I'll add more to this soon sorry for the half assed animations =P
    Naruto2

Fanatic Enthusiast

don't use the default... but its an okay tutorial. its sort of been done before. Maybe you should provide anims on the top part instead of just pics.....

If you tied buttered toast to the back of a cat and dropped it from a height, what would happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by frodo5280
    don't use the default... but its an okay tutorial. its sort of been done before. Maybe you should provide anims on the top part instead of just pics.....
    defedently.
    it's already been done and it could of used anims up top.
    it was pretty good though.
    but your anims with balls really suck. >_> that was a bad choice of words.
    the shake effect was pretty good. but the ball used no easing when going up.
    and with the one how he gets hit you shoulda used a shake in that too,
    anyway the rest was very good,
    6/10

Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    This isnt a very useful tut, seeing as you "good" bounce is very bad.
    This stuff will be picked up as the animator tries to make realistic animations.

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Okay. The reason why people are saying parts were bad, is because you're not an overly good animator I guess. I have no idea what your rank is, but I'd assume beginner. This tutorial though, is actually pretty good. I've seen a lot of vets even, with some poor, weak looking moves. They just need more emphasis in order to make it look stronger.

Enthusiast

I really agree with Nev, for serious, you guys pretty much just say its bad because of his rank but seriously this kinda helped me, with the pushing in pulling, i never really tried it before but that definitely has given me ideas. Not the best tutorial, but Definitely not the worst
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1208105453.png[/img]
    My Animations | Forum Rules| Tutorials | DD Collab

Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    Actually, the part i said was bad as an animation, was teaching about animating a certain thing. And i also stated that the tut isnt very useful, whenever you become better, this becomes common sense. Im not dissing him out of his level.

EDIT: i say this assuming that i was one of the people you guys are directing what your saying at. If im not sorry.
    And frodo, he can use the default >.>

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuchinoko
    Actually, the part i said was bad as an animation, was teaching about animating a certain thing. And i also stated that the tut isnt very useful, whenever you become better, this becomes common sense. Im not dissing him out of his level.

EDIT: i say this assuming that i was one of the people you guys are directing what your saying at. If im not sorry.
    yeah he can use the default, but they're hard to animate because they don't have a bendable back.

Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by frodo5280
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuchinoko

yeah he can use the default, but they're hard to animate because they don't have a bendable back.
    True, peopl just add a back uually, ive seen elites use the default infinately so thats what i meant by its not bad to use.

Enthusiast

I don't like it at all. I don't think you animate good enough to make tutorials. You where more talking about "positioning" then just animating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast