Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Santy's Getting Up "Off Your Stomach" Tutorial!

Santy's Getting Up Tutorial (off of stomach)
    August 21, 2007

Before anybody says anything. Yes i am a beginner. and i know in many of your opinions beginners should NOT make tutorials. I just though that this style of getting up from your stomach was pretty unique. I have not seen any tutorials for it and i think it will help most Beginners and change some styles of getting up and maybe even Intermediates. Anyways, on with this tutorial i will now be teaching you how to get up from your stomach.

So This is what you will be learning:

As you can see this is a smooth and simple way of getting up off of your stomach after
    getting knocked down by a foe or object.. or you may just be laying there.

Now we will go through it Frame by Frame. *Links to each frame are here accompanied by a description of what is happening*

Frame 1 > Frame 6: These are the arm extension frames. These are the frames where stick figure has just realized how brutally molested he just got and needs to wake up and notice that hes about to get raped unless he gets up quickly. Another way to do this is to have your foe run for a hit on your stick and knocking him back and the stick figure does back flip out into a standing position to be rid of the long frame rate, but thats pretty tricky. Also Do NOT forget to keep the hands (not arms) in the same spot on the ground until being raised into the air to avoid choppiness and wobbly movements. I Can't Stress this Enough.

Frame 1
    Frame 2
    Frame 3
    Frame 4
    Frame 5
    Frame 6

Frame 7 > Frame 17: This is the part in the animation where you have to show your easing talent. I didn't ease that greatly but it's not that bad either. Anyways this is the trickiest and fastest part of your new technique you will be learning it is when your stick figure rises from a laying down position into a sitting position, it is good to edit this part in whichever way looks best to your eyes and to your viewers eyes with as many frames in between as you want depending on how great of quality you want the animation or whether your just a lazy bastard.

Frame 7
    Frame 8
    Frame 9
    Frame 10
    Frame 11
    Frame 12
    Frame 13
    Frame 14
    Frame 15
    Frame 16
    Frame 17

Frame 18 > Frame 34: These are the Final Frames in which your stick figure moves from a crouching position into a Standing Position. You can either get your stick figure up into a battle/ready to fight stance or you can get your stick figure into a normal stance like i have for my demonstration. So this is the part of the animation where you can have all the variety you want whether he flips out of the crouch position or just pulls up out of it or even pulls in to a run. So many Variations, So Little time.

Frame 18
    Frame 19
    Frame 20
    Frame 21
    Frame 22
    Frame 23
    Frame 24
    Frame 25
    Frame 26
    Frame 27
    Frame 28
    Frame 29
    Frame 30
    Frame 31
    Frame 32
    Frame 33
    Frame 34

And, Thus concludes my Tutorial on how to get up from the laying on your stomach position. If i get enough requests i will add the different variation styles of getting out of this position. Hope you Enjoyed

Almost think i forgot the .Piv file ? nope its right here, now go ahead and study those onion skins.
    Getting Up Pivot File <- Clicky

-Santy
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1208105453.png[/img]
    My Animations | Forum Rules| Tutorials | DD Collab

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Tips
    • Do not just post the example until you are done the entire tutorial (pics, descriptions) unless it's a general tut, and you've covered at least one part.[/*:m:38sg3xkz]
    • 2. The arms don't seem to be powerful enough to just suddenly throw you like that.[/*:m:38sg3xkz]
    Overall though, you did a good job with the example, for a beginner. So, I will just hope you finish with the other part soon.

Enthusiast
    Its the right movement its just eased wrongh./
    Cool pivot forum its becoming big
    http://z11.invisionfree.com/pivotjoint/ ... hp?act=idx

Thread= http://www.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=18262

Thanks Kyle.

Beginners thread Mar 11th 2007-July 5th-2007
    Inters thread July 5th 2007-

I think it's great. It doesn't matter how it was eased and the movements were perfect. Great job man.
    [center:1dyohg2y]I miss everyone. [/center:1dyohg2y]

Enthusiast

Yay, i have finished the tut. after much picture loading and typing i am done

The tutorial itself looks good, but the explanation isn't too well(you should do a everyframe explanation). The animation looks good but as Snowypivot said, it's not eased well. Nice tut, though! I've never been good at this.
    i like fux

Dedicated Member
    It was a pretty good tut and I think I will try using it, but when the guy got off from the groud, he went too fast, otherwise it was very well shown.
    Courtesy? Click on my sig.

Enthusiast
    good tut i just think 34 frames is a bit much to gat a stick figure off the ground
    sopz fails

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by slaught_
    The tutorial itself looks good, but the explanation isn't too well(you should do a everyframe explanation). The animation looks good but as Snowypivot said, it's not eased well. Nice tut, though! I've never been good at this.
    This isnt an easing tutorial. enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by culapou
    good tut i just think 34 frames is a bit much to gat a stick figure off the ground
    Make it any shorter and he would like pop off the ground without doing anything

Fanatic Enthusiast

Yeah, if you were doing a fight animation, 34 frames would be a lifetime of the other guy just standing there staring at him. Nice try, but I don't find it useful.

Ex-Intermediate Animator
    Ex-Photoshop Artist
    Ex-Virgin (LOL JKS)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast