Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Master List ?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 83.72%
  • No

7 16.28%
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Santy and Roy's Advanced Movements Tutorial!!!

Santy and Roy's Advanced Movements Tutorial
    September 27, 2007

Alright guys, well I just got Inters and there was a request for a Back Flip tutorial in the Request a Tutorial thread of the Tutorials Section. I thought that Beginners, and loads of others, need a lot of help with their flipping, Learning how to flip really helps work on a lot of other basic movements, once you have this flip down you will learn that patience is the key to a good animation, and to just work with it and keep the animation going smooth. Alright, so lets get moving on to what you will be learning!

The Back Flip
    This is the back flip part of this tutorial. You will learn, a crazy frickin awesome crazy shiztastic trick!

Now for a frame by frame presentation! (In URL format for the dial uppers)

Frame 1 <--Well this is the first frame, just starts in a bended knee type postion ( you guys can do the before frames)

Frame 2 <-- This is the lift off frame, your going to want to move your stick up about 2 pixels, bend the knee tight up and move the arms up a bit.

Frame 3 <-- This is the start of the flip, it has been very heavily spaced for a more realistic effect. Bend the knees and bring the arms more towards the head.

Frame 4 <-- In this frame your still moving up but slower for a smooth style, and to get the physics dead on. Keep bending the knees and moving the arms.

Frame 5 <-- Keep on moving up, Slower, and follow the tips from Frame 4. Bend the body slightly, so you remove all stiffness from your flip.

Frame 6 <-- Alright this is the frame before the top of the flip, do as before and start to bend the body more as you are starting to flip over.

Frame 7 <-- The top of the flip! Move the stick slightly up and repeat the steps. Make sure the orange and red back dots are making around 90 degrees.

Frame 8 <-- Were on the way down. Move your stick down a few pixels but increase the bend in the head, neck, back and legs a lot as you finish the flip.

Frame 9 <-- Move your stick down 2x the pixels now. Bend the body and knees so the knees look like a v shape in the sky, Make sure to follow steps from above.

Frame 10 <-- This is the biggest gap in the animation and is used to make it more realistic. Do a huge heavy spacing movement and straighten the legs and body out so they are hardly bent at all. There can be another frame inserted before this to make your animation smoother, but it also makes it slower and less realistic.

Frame 11 <-- OMFG! We are on the ground again and sticking our landing clean. Make sure to bring the arms out from above his head and down for a smooth/non-stiff feeling. Also, don't forget to bend those legs!

Frame 12 <-- Keep on bending those knees, this is the biggest knee bend in the landing. Make sure to keep the arms going back to clean up the stiffness.

Frame 13 <-- Keep those legs coming, just not as much now! Tone it down a bit and make it so there is a small gap between the bent arms and the back.

Frame 14 <-- Were almost done, double down on the bending and keep the arm coming, just slow it down a bit now.

Frame 15 <-- The last frame my friends. It's all over, just ease the bending down like 1 or 2 pixels and its all over. Sit back and watch the masterpiece you have made.

The Finished Product

Thus ending the wonderful super amazing tutorial on "The Back Flip" Stay tuned for a front flip, and possibly a sideflip tutorial, depending on how many positive responses i get. Hope you Enjoyed this tutorial. I know i did

I know. You thought i forgot the .piv file? Nope It's right here, now you can check out the super amazing back flip. In PIV form
    The Infamous Back Flip of Doom <-- CLICK

The Front Flip
    Now is time for the front flip! Yes, a front flip, It is time for you to get your flips into some serious heavy metal action!

Frame 1 <-- This is the first frame, your going to want to be starting off in a bent-knee formation, as you would start for a regular jump.

Frame 2 <-- You are still on the ground, but you have started your lift off, keep your feet in the same spot in the ground to remove noob wobbly feet disease.

Frame 3 <-- OK, It's lift off time. We are officially leaving the ground. Only move your guy up a couple of pixels, and make sure to move his arms into a half in/half out formation, and to keep one leg straight, and one leg bent up.

Frame 4 <-- The flip has begun, and so has really heavy spacing. Keep following the path your on and tuck the head in good along with the arms and knees.

Frame 5 <-- Keep moving your character up now. Not at a such heavy spaced pace now, the body gets a little loose here, and tightens up in later frames. Just follow the same directions as before. Don't forget to start the rotation.

Frame 6 <-- Your stick should now be opening up a little bit more, as he is starting to spin at a faster pace. Don't forget to slow how fast he is coming up now, decrease the amount of pixels used as before by 2 times.

Frame 7 <-- This is the peak of your flip, move up by 1 pixel, at most 2. But also have your legs at their peak as well, about to flip over to end your successful (or not) front flip.

Frame 8 <-- This is the beginning of your descent, be sure to be moving your stick downwards now, and have his legs almost flipped over. Also, don't forget to start opening your stick characters body.

Frame 9 <-- Keep on opening your body and let your legs fall out more, don't forget to keep the legs bent still, and to increase the rate of descent.

Frame 10 <-- Alright, we are officially flipped out, you know, of the ball you were in before, anyways, yes you are now almost straightened out, and almost touching the ground. Also make sure your arms are starting to bend down.

Frame 11 <-- Touch Down!! We have hit rock bottom, the arms should be at a straight position, halfway through your back, and halfway out of the front. Bend the legs slightly as well.

Frame 12 <-- Bend heavily now, you are finished your main objective.

Frame 13 <-- Bend more now, 2 times less then before, and keep the arms flowing back.

Frame 14 <-- Bend slightly now, not much, and keep the arms flowing, your almost finished.

Frame 15 <-- Bend now, the tinsy tiniest bit that you can imagine. Guess what ? YOUR DONE! Congratulations on perfecting the WOMFGZ Front Flip.

The Finished Product

Thus ending the wonderful super amazing tutorial on "The Front Flip" Stay tuned for a possibly a sideflip tutorial, depending on how many positive responses I get. Hope you Enjoyed this tutorial. I know I did

Wanna check out the super amazing Front Flip in .piv form?
    The Infamous Front Flip of Doom <-- CLICK

The Double Jump
    So I know I promised you guys a Side Flip but my attempts are just not coming out well. So I bring to you now (requested by a DD member) the Double Jump. For all you cartoony styled or mentally handicapped people, you will love this. I like it.

Frame 1 <-- Just in standing postion.

Frame 2 <-- Little bend in the knees, move the back joints a pixel or two and move the arms.

Frame 3 <-- Triple the bend throughout every spot on the stick but mostly the legs, also bend the head down, but not to much so it doesn't flow.

Frame 4 <-- There is a lot bend here, but pretty much all in the legs. Move all other joints a little bit.

Frame 5 <-- Here is the potential take off point of the Animation. Move 1 arm up high, and keep the other arm out at the back. This is kind of like the push of a running animation, so think of the legs as if you were doing a run test. Keep 1 leg planted.

Frame 6 <-- Now move up a lot, just bend the other joints so they follow the onion skin.

Frame 7 <-- Follow the onion skin more now, but decrease the rate of acceleration by 2-3 times.

Frame 8 <-- This is the peak of the first jump. Bring the legs in more, as they are about to cross. Bring both arms in as well, but not all the way.

Frame 9 <-- Your stick is now falling quite rapidly, cross the legs and cross the arms through the middle of the body, keep everything bending still.

Frame 10 <-- Its take off time again, for the double jump. Use the same movement style as frame 5.

Frame 11 <-- This is pretty much an exact replica of Frame 6. Just follow the onion skin and move the head so its looking upwards more.

Frame 12 <-- Omgz its Frame 7, but with a little more bend in the upper body.

Frame 13 <-- Peak of the second jump. Bend the legs a lot, also move the front arm down and the back arm up.

Frame 14 <-- We are starting the fall, front foot forward and back leg bent. Keep moving front arm down and back arm up.

Frame 15 <-- Keep on following the same pattern, follow more rapidly.

Frame 16 <-- 2 pixels from the ground, foot out reached your almost there, keep on coming with the arm over the head etc..

Frame 17 <-- Were almost done, have the front foot planted and the back leg following through. Arms still following same order and head bending down a tad.

Frame 18 <-- Follow the same pattern, keep foot planted, follow through with the leg, bend back, arms and head.

Frame 19 <-- Both feet are planted, and bends are now coming to a stop.

Frame 20 <-- OMgz were done, feet stay planted, the tiniest bend possible and WERE FINISHED.

The Finished Product

There you go, That is the Double Jump! I really hope I helped some people out with this one, though i know, not many people do double jumps in animations but it could happen AMIRITE?

Here it is, PIV Form, so what I'm trying to say is PIV is much better AMIRITE? Take a look yourself.
    Omgz Crazy Double Jump (its edited a bit better then frame by frame)
    -Santy

The Front Roll
    I know, Its been a while since I've updated the tutorial with some new movements. Soon I will be needing someone experienced to Flash my Tutorials because I'm not to sure how much room I can use on this post. Anyways, new move right ? Yea your learning the Front Roll. There will be a frame by frame for this one but no onion skin pictures just the .piv. Anyways, the example for this was made by my good friend, Roy. Thanks man.

Now for a frame by frame presentation! (No Pictures this Time!)

Frame 1 <-- First frame we are just holding our own and getting ready to move into the roll.

Frame 2 <-- Bend the back leg, keep the foot planted, raise the hands towards the head for emphasis.

Frame 3 <-- Keep moving back, just not as much since we are easing the movements right ? Move the arms slightly upwards as well, not as much.

Frame 4 <-- Last frame before diving forward, raise the arms slightly, move your stick back slightly as well. (And by slightly I mean SLIGHTLY!) Also during the past frames your going to want to keep the leg that is in the airs foot to slight get closer to point down.

Frame 5 <-- Were taking the lunge forward now bend the back slightly now towards the way we are going. Move the hands slightly away from the head as well.

Frame 6 <-- There is a lot of space here, Both of the legs are bent and the one that has been in the air is finally reaching towards the ground. Back is now bent forwards well and arms are at the front of the body.

Frame 7 <-- More Spacing here. Back foot that has been planted is still planted but the leg is bent severely. The back is bent forwards lots now, and the leg that has been in the air has touched down. Elbows are resting on knee of forwards leg.

Frame 8 <-- Again heavy spaced. Front leg stays planted while the other is starting to lift. The head is now closing in on the ground as well as hands close to the head.

Frame 9 <--Head is now planted down, hands unseen, legs now, both lifted off are flowing to the other side to complete the roll.

Frame 10 <-- Move the Head 1 pixel to the right. Follow the onion skin of the legs and be sure to rotate the body during the roll process.

Frame 11 <-- Legs are almost coming to a touch down. You are now very close to finishing the roll, arms are coming out slightly. Legs are bent towards the ground and be sure to move the head 3 or 4 pixels to the right this frame.

Frame 12 <-- Head is now raised a good amount from the ground. Arms are at the front of the head and one foot is planted as the other is coming in to touch the ground as well.

Frame 13 <-- Heavy framing here, The body is lifted up far into the air now. Leg that was touched down is now bent forward, leg planted, other leg closing in on the ground still. Arms are moving towards the back of the body.

Frame 14 <-- Arms are now out reached at the back of the body. Your stick should be standing now and both legs should be planted.

Frame 15 <-- Keep the feet planted but lunge the body forward kinda for emphasis. Keep the arms tight and flowing.

Frame 16 <-- Almost done, keep feet planted and keep lunging forward but less now as we are just easing the movements. Arm moves up a bit.

Frame 17 <-- We made it, we are done, this frame is just used for easing the lunge.

The Finished Product

There it is, the Front Roll, to everyone who wants it. Now you can know how to do your rolls in animations, and maybe taking one of my flips and one of Roy's rolls and doing a flip to roll combination, you never know what can be done.

Anyways, soon to come, The Back Roll, Spin Flip, and Getting Up. Thanks for stopping by oh shi- heres the .piv

Credz: lemonAde & Bolt & Roy
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1208105453.png[/img]
    My Animations | Forum Rules| Tutorials | DD Collab

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Son of a....
    You keep a .txt file of it until you are done. Because, posting text, with no examples..... is an epic fail.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Nev
    Son of a....
    You keep a .txt file of it until you are done. Because, posting text, with no examples..... is an epic fail.
    yeah.....but I cant wait for it, hope it turns out good
    [center:2nf8ts7e]Xbl: Killer Noodlez|Psn: Belowxero| Steam: Belowxero94[/center:2nf8ts7e]

Enthusiast
    very nice tutorial nice style good smooooothenessss no real errors except maybe a bit annoying to have to go to seperate links but i understand that its for people with slow computers and also the piv is very helpfull
    sopz fails

Dedicated Member

wow,kinda make it look that it has style since u eased it up.
    pretty useful.

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Clicking the links is the best way for a low speed PC, but it can get a little annoying, and using a midget isn't the best...

But the flip was pretty good, and you did explain it... so I just advise adding more flips.

once you fix it like all the other people said, this is going to be one of the best tuts iv ever seen. Good luck.
    Sig made by Nour(DarkDemon.org)
    Thankyou!!!

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by sticky magic
    once you fix it like all the other people said, this is going to be one of the best tuts iv ever seen. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by culapou
    very nice tutorial nice style good smooooothenessss no real errors except maybe a bit annoying to have to go to seperate links but i understand that its for people with slow computers and also the piv is very helpfull
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardDude
    Yeah man, I would use it, cause I can't flip for shit. Good tut, but it was a bitch when you had to click the links. D:
    oh man. I did it for all the people on DD with low speed computers (please read the tutorial seriously) and if you don't want to click the links there is a .piv file... like seriously, the frame by frame is there just so people know whats going on and the description of whats happening., and lol Nev i don't see anything wrong with using a midget stick, i personally love midgets.... the sticks i mean not the real ones.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1208105453.png[/img]
    My Animations | Forum Rules| Tutorials | DD Collab

Looks well done, i see the piv i sent you really helped not only in your animation but constructing a tut =D

But as i said it looks well made though having the frames in img form would make it easier for people.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast