Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Sig/Avatar Upload Tutorial.

Welcome to my avatar/sig upload tutorial.

Featured inside: (>_>)

• [list:7rzz0uqa]
    • Making[/*:m:7rzz0uqa]
    • Uploading[/*:m:7rzz0uqa]
    [/*:m:7rzz0uqa][/list:u:7rzz0uqa]

• Sig's.
    • [list:7rzz0uqa]
    • Making[/*:m:7rzz0uqa]
    • Uploading[/*:m:7rzz0uqa]
    • Adding Links[/*:m:7rzz0uqa]
    [/*:m:7rzz0uqa][/list:u:7rzz0uqa]

For avatar making I usualy use pivot, (I suck at GIMP/PS, Anybody who makes ava's w/ it pm me please so I can add it.)
    So when you open Pivot Go to Options and type in 300x300

Now make your avatar how ever you want it. Here's an example,

Now, When you have your Avatar made, Go to: File>>Save Animation, Then do this click the little box at the bottom, By defauly it should say: 'Pivot File (*.piv)' Click this and change it to 'Gif (*.gif) Like so:

Then hit save, Now change the Options like this:

Explanation:
    Frame Delay: We change to about 6 so the animation goes the right speed you have it on pivot,
    Shrink Frames By: This smallens down your picture, On droidz the max avatar size is 100x100 We shrink frames by 3, Because our original avatar animation that was made on pivot was 300x300, So you do the math. You can also make avatars at 400x400, but shrink frames by 4. 300x300 Is easy enough though.
    Merge: I'm not sure what this does, But heh just uncheck it.
    Now press Ok. It shouldn't take to long, Depending on how long your animation is.
    You can make still avatars, Just make about 2 frames of it though.

----------------------------------
    Uploading.

Once you have done all of the above^^ Hit 'Profile' At the top of the droidz, It looks like this.

Then go right to the bottom and click browse.

Now find your .gif and hit 'Open', Now press 'Submit' At the very bottom of the page. Your avatar should be uploaded now. If you have any problems with this, Comment on the thread stating your problem preferably with a picture aswell.

For pivot Sig's (cuz i suck at GIMP/PS, Remember >_>) I usualy use 506x200 (remember hit 'Options' and change the numbers) You can use any size really, But i think this looks good. Ok now you have changed your size make your sig, Once again heres an example.

This is about the size sig i like. Now save your Animation as a .gif with these requirments:

And that is your Sig made. But adding it to your Sig area is next.

Uploading.

To get your Pivot made sig into your sig area, Go to one of the following sites:
    Pivot host.
    File Cram.
    Photo Bucket.
    With Pivot Host and Photo Bucket you have to register. I'm going to use Pivot Host for my example.
    Once you've logged into pivothost, And gone 'home' you should get a page with 5 box's, Like so.
    Hit browse on the top box, And find your .gif image. Once you've found it double click it, Or click it once and press 'Open' now there should be a pathway (where in the files on your PC the image is) Then hit 'Host!' Then wait for it to load, Once it has, 4 Box's should appear this time, We want the 3rd.

Now highlight this code, And right click>>Copy. Or just highlight it and hit Ctrl-C. Then minimize pivothost, And go to 'Profile'

Then go near the middle and you should find your Signature space, It looks like this.

And paste your code from Pivot Host into here, Either Right Click>>Paste. Or just press Ctrl-V Then go right to the bottom of the page, And hit submit, And you should have your Pivot made sig!:

Adding Links.

So you've got your Pivot made sig, How about adding a link to your Thread when you click it? To do this, Go on your thread and copy the URL (Highlight Right Click>>Copy/Highlight Ctrl-C) Now minimize your thread and go into Microsoft Word/Notpad, I find these easy to use when making sigs and you dont get clutterd. Ok so copy the Image code from your sig (Go to profile and find your sig area, Copy it from there) and paste it in Notepad/Word (Ctrl-V/Highlight>>Right Click>>Paste) Now you should have something like this,:

Now, Go to the start of your code, And type
    Code:

And put a '
    ' At the end So overall, You should get:
    [code:7rzz0uqa][/code]
    This can take some time to get the hang of, But once you've rememberd it you wont forget it. Once your done your finnished product should be something like this,

Enthusiast

Nice try, but we have lots of these, and you just copied your tutorial from Droidz, not giving much effort into our forums.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1208105453.png[/img]
    My Animations | Forum Rules| Tutorials | DD Collab

Fanatic Enthusiast

Well, Sorry >_> I'm not really on DD much and i didn't notice they had one of these, Just try'd to help i guess <_> And who are you from droidz?

Enthusiast

I'm not on droidz, I could just tell from the pictures.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1208105453.png[/img]
    My Animations | Forum Rules| Tutorials | DD Collab

Fanatic Enthusiast

Not really useful. Anyone in the right mind could figure it out themselves. But the descriptions were ok, I guess.
    Btw, you fuxed the layout.

Ex-Intermediate Animator
    Ex-Photoshop Artist
    Ex-Virgin (LOL JKS)

Fanatic Enthusiast

o_o i forgot about those >_< fux. I'd fix them, But this is prolly gona get lawcked anywhom.